Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ramiro Cavazos - He's simply the best surgeon

I have hesitated to post here because I am at a loss as to how to effectively convey how truly marvelous I think Dr. Cavazos and his staff are. I can use hyperbole like "best" "nicest" "most skilled" "caring" but those words are overused. I'll probably have to resort to them because they are all true.

I can tell you at age 53, when I had my surgery, I seem to have recovered faster with less issues than many many younger posters I read about. Partly that's me, but largely that's due to the deft skill and compassion of Dr. Cavazos and his able staff, both medical and office. Gas pains post op? Not this chickie; I am sure he removed most of it before he closed me up. Do all surgeons do this? No way. He did. Aftercare? Good lord the patience this man shows...never a frown, never a lecture, but he takes time to explain his rationale behind ever fill, every diet (pre, post op, etc) every procedure. He asks how I am and I think he really wants to know! :) He is the most "accessible" doctor I've ever encountered. No question is too foolish or frivolous.

His NP Claudia is just a wonder. Period. She's always made me feel like she and I are partners in my health care; she chats with me as if she had oodles of time (you know she doesn't) and is also great at explaining any all and everything.

Any good sense I show on this board, any solid info, I've gotten from Dr. Cavazos and his staff. His office staff, especially Maria and Ebony, are also great, and I'd NEVER have gotten through all the insurance stuff without Nadia. Everyone there, though, is just top drawer, even those I haven't named.

Dr. Cavazos is an educated, practiced, marvelous surgeon. He is patient and kind, he is caring, he is easily approached and understood, but make no mistake he is a deft skilled top surgeon. I can't imagine a better group of people to help a person navigate through weight loss surgery, and find a way to a healthier life.

I can not say he is the best since I know no other doctors that do this; however the reason you choose a doctor is for all the reason you said. I would recommend him in a heart beat. He is a model for all in his line of business and a pro at what he does. I was banded June of 2008 and while I have had my up's and down's, he and his staff have always been kind and supportive.

RÅB

I am so happy to hear that Dr. Cavazos is caring and understanding. I am chosing him to do my band. . I'm attending his seminar on Sept 19th. . . hubbie needs convincing. . . Thank you for settling my fear regarding the physician. . . I know of another bariatric surgeon here in SA who get tons of great reviews, but having had worked with him in the same day surgery holding area, I had many doubts regarding his caring side, and did not want to go with him. . . thanks again!

I'm seriously considering having him of Dr. Gonzales do my banding. This is a great post! Anything else you may recommend for me to ask or do? Also, any other things that I may have to worry post-op? I'm paying out of pocket, so I want to know about any additional costs in order to plan accordingly. Thank you so much!

Well after I lost my insurance the Dr visits were about $75 that included a fill. There really not that many costs other than the Vitamins & blood tests every once in a while.