Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3+ weeks out and need food ideas

I had surgery May 29th and have started on soft foods like refried Beans, mashed potatoes and yogurt with applesauce. I wonder how and which foods I should start incorporating now. Any ideas and suggestions will be greaty appreciated!

Im 3 wks post op, and im eating lean meats (chicken, fish, ground meat) and ALOT of tuna and chicken salad. Im also eating soft cooked veggies (carrots, green Beans, spinach) My dr. told me to stay away from raw veggies and fruits, corn, peas. etc.. oh yea and you can have egg whites and toast and crackers. U can actually have alot.. but this is just the list my nutrients/doctor gave me..

Hope that helps :(

I was also banded on the 29th. I am on soft foods but have had birthdays and just a bunch of stuff going on and had to find places to eat out. I go to jack in the box and get the grilled chicken strips without the fries and with tea. They are moist and i looked up the calories and they are a good choice for fast food. also kfc grilled no skin. But and i know it was a stupid thing to try but i tried some of my sons crunchy taco from taco bell cause he only eats the meat part and leaves the lettuce and cheese. I chewed it like 50 times and was fine. I cook my fruits except strawberries i use a hand blender and mush them and use it over yogurt and cottage cheese. Ive had asparagas (thats prob. spelled wrong) with no problems. I kind of eat what ever i want but just small portions and chew it until its liquid. Ive lost 12 pounds so far. and 2% of my body fat. I also was like a 45 something bmi and now im a 43 something. I eat alot of salmon. Walmart sells frozen packages that have four pieces for $4.96. they are about 3oz. after they are cooked. use some olive oil, lemon pepper, season salt and garlic powder. Its better than a resteraunt and cooks in about 5 min. If anyone has any more Protein ideas I need help with that. and veggies. And where do you guys find thos cool bmi and weight los trackers at the bottom of your messages.

A good places to go is www.myfitnesspal.com it tracks all your food and its free it has every food you can think of and fast foods too. It helps you find good choices and realize why we are so fat becase a medium fry has like 700 calories. check it out it helps and its free.:(

I was banded on June 19th but I had to do a strict low carb high Protein diet for my ins co for 6 months pre-op. Fajitas is a great treat w/out the tortilla shells and if you find a good mex restaurant go crazy with the cheese queso and sour cream...really tastes the same with or w/out the tortilla shells. Also I found a nice treat was to make Steak-ums with onions, peppers, and cheeze wiz - low carb - high protein - and again tasted the same w/out the bread. I also found a great cookbook called Hungry Girl which has receipes under 200 calories and she gives all the facts of serving sizes with nutritional info. Has some great smoothie receipes and great dips for your crackes and such. Hope this helps...I myself can't WAIT to get to the soft food stage :(

I was banded back on April 28 -- and I have stayed away from those high carb smooth foods....mashed potatoes, refried Beans, etc. I just love that kind of food too much to give me that temptation. I also have stayed away from most all starches, including crackers, breads, tortillas etc.

I have been able to get my Protein amount in the entire time. That GREEK yougurt has been good - also a pouch of tuna is only 80 cals and 18g of protein!!

Most fruit has a high sugar (natural yes, but still sugar) - so I have cut WAY back on fruit.

I have increased the "FREE" veggie choices -

I have not had any problems (knock on wood) with any foods from day one.......so I have eaten pretty much whatever I have wanted to......meats, Protein shakes/shots, cottage cheese, yougurts, etc.

:(

Good Luck!!