Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well fellow 6/19/09 bandsters and other 6/2009 bandsters....

Yeah I'm not sure why my surgeon didn't come in to see me. Maybe it's because it took so long for me to wake up. He did talk to my mother and brother and let them know what was going on. But I guess I can ask him any questions I have this Thursday at my follow-up.

I wasn't having a hard time walking the first day and a half but then all of the sudden yesterday I bent down to pick up my laptop and when I got back up it felt like I had ripped something open. I checked all 5 incisions and they looked fine so I figure I probably irritated something inside. But now when I try to walk/get up/lay down do ANYTHING basically it feels like I'm ripping my body apart. Maybe the heating pad will help...

I mean I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and I hate to seem like a burden to my mom so I've been trying to just push through the pain and walk around but this morning I finally broke down and started crying from it. Also the pain medicine doesn't seem to really be doing anything for me.. I doubt I'm the only one who has had that problem though. Medicine has never really made me feel better. I'll have my mom pick up some thermacare Patches or something today.. hopefully it makes things feel less tight. :biggrin:

I still don't regret anything I just can't wait for this pain to go away.. anyone have suggestions for the chest pains from the big liver and hernia combo..? I'm open to anything.

Yeah I'm not sure why my surgeon didn't come in to see me. Maybe it's because it took so long for me to wake up. He did talk to my mother and brother and let them know what was going on. But I guess I can ask him any questions I have this Thursday at my follow-up.

I wasn't having a hard time walking the first day and a half but then all of the sudden yesterday I bent down to pick up my laptop and when I got back up it felt like I had ripped something open. I checked all 5 incisions and they looked fine so I figure I probably irritated something inside. But now when I try to walk/get up/lay down do ANYTHING basically it feels like I'm ripping my body apart. Maybe the heating pad will help...

I mean I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and I hate to seem like a burden to my mom so I've been trying to just push through the pain and walk around but this morning I finally broke down and started crying from it. Also the pain medicine doesn't seem to really be doing anything for me.. I doubt I'm the only one who has had that problem though. Medicine has never really made me feel better. I'll have my mom pick up some thermacare Patches or something today.. hopefully it makes things feel less tight. :)

I still don't regret anything I just can't wait for this pain to go away.. anyone have suggestions for the chest pains from the big liver and hernia combo..? I'm open to anything.

well dear it seems like me and you are going through the same thing...except i didnt have any hernia's or fatty liver.....my doc actually took a pic of my liver to show me how shockingly healthy and small it was...but yes im experiencing the horrible gas pains and the port/incision pain.....i have to prepare myself mentally to get up and take the pain of my abdomen muscles working in order for me to get up off the couch, out the bed..etc.and i almost had to sneeze this morning..but i kept it from coming out..b/c i didnt even want to feel that pain....!!! im going through my regret phase of getting the band b/c of all this pain im goin through..which i will admit it has gotten better since day and and 2 but i just want my energy back...i have never been without it...!! i guess this is a lesson learned that when i do get my energy back i need to be as active as possible b/c energy is a valuable thing....im learning that with this experience...

I am actually hungry i know some people say they dont have an appetite for atleast a week, but hell i was hungry on day one...but as i said earlier i was extremely parched and i hadn't eaten anything since 1pm the day before the surgery....i've basically been eating Jello, sugar free popsicles, beef broth, and protien shakes...im glad im not going back in t wrk until th 29th...b/c i dont know how some people were able to go back after 3 days or so...but i will continue to keep u posted on my recovery...thanks again everyone for your words of encouragement...

Hello and congrats on the surgery!!!

I had surgery June 12 and feel so incredibly much better than I did a week ago. I really did not need pain medication after the 13th but still had a little discomfort. JUST WALK!!! Nothing better we can do than that. I was ready to lose my mind by the 18th and went to see my doctor (really wanted him to take the band out because I was happier in my old life) but he allowed me to start soft solids and I LOVE MY BAND!!! I ate 1/2 of a boiled red potatoe (without skin) and 15 canned green Beans, and was STUFFED!!! I cannot eat near what I used to eat and love this band. Good luck and stay positive!! It will get much easier.

:)