Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well fellow 6/19/09 bandsters and other 6/2009 bandsters....

this is one heck of an experience...especially since i was a virgin to completely everything that has to do with surgery....having an IV, being put to sleep, being cut enough to where tools are able to insert my body, and all the medication i was prescribed...this is even my first time taking hydrocodone too...! Well this port pain is no joke.....and the gas...is there and it is bothering me but not as bad as the port, but with both of those mixed together i have been kinda loosing my mind b/c the gas is still in my abdominal area....my throat feels dry as cotton, and b/c im too chicken to make myself cough out the gew stuck in my throat from the barium swallow and the snot created from sitting under the cold air, which that always has promoted mucus and cold like symptoms for me as long as i can remember. My headache is annoying too...does anyone know if i can take aspirin??? my incisions seem to be ok, they are stll all taped and bandaged up..the only spots with with the most blood that i can tell was gushing out was the port site, and the incisions are pretty close together....

Now i dont know if this is b/c my mouth is so dry but im craving for something to moisten my mouth so i tend to be hungry...not like i wanna a big burger and fries...but like i would be satisfied with something soupy with flavor....is it bad for me to be hungry the first day out?? The only thing i ate was a little thing of sugar free black cherry flavored Jello....now im kinda craving a protien shake...but dumb me forgot to bring milk over here to my mom's so ill have to send her for that asap because im hungry/mostly parched!!!

A far as my experience at the surgery center...they weren't lying when they say this is an outpatient procedure b/c i got there around 6:30 this morning and i was out of the surgery center and on the road at like 9:30ish the staff were in such rush...i didnt even get to talk to my surgeon after the procedure b/c he was already on body # 2...for the day..I have no idea what size band i have but i do know its the LAP BAND AP...

Oh the one thing i did get was the pictures of the band inside of me...and geez louise my stomach is surrounded in fat..the band looks like its just wrapped around fat...i was kinda worried wondering to myself if the DOC actually placed it in the correct place b/c there is nothing but yellow fat and then the band around it..do yall know if thats normal?? I saw a pic of my liver and it looks all healthy...(from what i saw) i didnt see any fat around it or anything...

I have come to the conclusion that since i put myself through all this just to loose weight, i better stick to this plan b/c this change is serious....I would be a fool to completely disobey the rules and try to fight the band instead of having it work for me....

I appreciate your time in reading my post....please feel free to let me know ur opinions and tips of what i have been experiencing to give me other outlooks on things...

Thanks again!

Well my surgery went well today too! Im glad to hear you made it out ok; but my experience wasnt like your at all. I have very little pain, not much gas pain at all, I just have to pee alot. But I was at the hospital form 10:30 till 8 this evening. I hope things get better for you and you start feeling better. Walking helped me alot; my husband got me up to walk around the hospital 3 laps every 30 min and I was feeling really good when I walked. Oh Congratulations on the start of a new and healthy life!!

I havent been banded yet and I know every bariatric surgeon is different but I have a plan post op days 1-40 to follow if you would like the info let me know and I will post it. Also I do not think aspirin is good...its an NSAID maybe tylenol but you may want to call your surgeon or nurse. Hope your recovery goes well..you are on your way!

Iris

I had mines today also,I am having a lot gas pain on my left side but, other than that I seem to doing fine. My DR. makes all of his patients stay overnight so I am still here.

congrats to you both..

Congratulations ladies, you all had surgery on my BIRTHDAY....

I had my surgery on May 27th and my dr kept me overnight, I had gas pain on the left side where one incision was but as soon as I was able to get up and walked around it helped. By the 2nd to 3rd day the gas was basically gone.

Wishing many blessings and success to each and everyone of you.

I havent been banded yet and I know every bariatric surgeon is different but I have a plan post op days 1-40 to follow if you would like the info let me know and I will post it. Also I do not think aspirin is good...its an NSAID maybe tylenol but you may want to call your surgeon or nurse. Hope your recovery goes well..you are on your way!

Iris

I would like this information... you can email it to me at lnmlisa@yahoo.com if you dont mind, I would greatly appreciate knowing what others have planned...Im having a hard time trying to figure out what to eat (or I guess it would actually be drink) for Breakfast on a clear liquid diet:unsure:

Iris

I would to have that my e-mail is artinaterrell@yahoo.com

thank you

Well the poert incision is gushing out with blood so im going to have to change the bandage myself..well my mom will help me...but its soaked in blood and even leaking out of the bandage...im so frustrated......i still feel like crap....dizzy and gas seems to only be sitting in my stomach..which makes my port pain even worse.....excuse my french but i just want to fart all this mess out of me!!!!!! i try walkin but im soo dizzy...may from the codone....i sit up as much as i can but thats gets painful too...ahhhh im about to just try to go to sleep again so i dont have to feel this pain...thanks everyone for ur words of encouragement....!

Hello everyone.. I got banded yesterday also. Got to the hospital at 5am and left around 4pm.. I didn't get to see my surgeon either and I just wanted to ask which size band I got. But I don't have any bandages or anything. All 5 of my incisions are glued together. I can see and touch them. My left is really killing me. And when I get nauseous my stomach constricts so much and its the most excruciating pain I've ever been put through.

I've been having a really hard time breathing. I can only take very shallow breaths and my chest/heart seem to really hurt. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I'm kind of concerned. My mom keeps having my do my breathing exercises but it doesn't seem to be helping. The pain medicine isn't really doing much either. And oh man I didn't expect those damn heparin shots to burn so bad.

Im having a really hard time getting anything down. And for some reason i'm terrified of showering.. I don't want my incisions to get all soft and then start hurting again. :tongue: Hope it's worth it.

Well the poert incision is gushing out with blood so im going to have to change the bandage myself..well my mom will help me...but its soaked in blood and even leaking out of the bandage...im so frustrated......i still feel like crap....dizzy and gas seems to only be sitting in my stomach..which makes my port pain even worse.....excuse my french but i just want to fart all this mess out of me!!!!!! i try walkin but im soo dizzy...may from the codone....i sit up as much as i can but thats gets painful too...ahhhh im about to just try to go to sleep again so i dont have to feel this pain...thanks everyone for ur words of encouragement....!

If you're bandage is still getting blood soaked - CALL YOUR SURGEON'S OFFICE NOW! They will probably have you go in for some stitches. It is not normal to have heavy bleeding afterwards. My surgery was done with a single incision. Every time I got up to walk, I left a trail of blood. They put stitches in before I left the hospital, but the next morning i woke up with bloody sheets. I went in for 2 more stitches, and was fine after that. Good luck!

If you're bandage is still getting blood soaked - CALL YOUR SURGEON'S OFFICE NOW! They will probably have you go in for some stitches. It is not normal to have heavy bleeding afterwards. /QUOTE]

I agree!!! And you can talk to them about being so dizzy.

If you dont mind me asking...who was your surgeon and bariatric nurse and did they give you 24 access to them? I would call, call, call. Dizzy is not good, even though it may be the meds, and try to walk with that gas...at least that is what everyone with success is saying. Oh and the blood concerns me. Keep us posted and stay as positive as you can but call for help!

Hello everyone.. I got banded yesterday also. Got to the hospital at 5am and left around 4pm.. I didn't get to see my surgeon either and I just wanted to ask which size band I got. But I don't have any bandages or anything. All 5 of my incisions are glued together. I can see and touch them. My left is really killing me. And when I get nauseous my stomach constricts so much and its the most excruciating pain I've ever been put through.

I've been having a really hard time breathing. I can only take very shallow breaths and my chest/heart seem to really hurt. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I'm kind of concerned. My mom keeps having my do my breathing exercises but it doesn't seem to be helping. The pain medicine isn't really doing much either. And oh man I didn't expect those damn heparin shots to burn so bad.

Im having a really hard time getting anything down. And for some reason i'm terrified of showering.. I don't want my incisions to get all soft and then start hurting again. :( Hope it's worth it.

Call your surgeons office to find out what type of band you have. Your surgeon may have been really busy..I dunno but I understand what you are saying...Have you walked much? Even if you are groggy try it...and I am relieved to hear your incisions are done almost perfectly...take care and I think when we come out of surgeries we have emotional crashes but you have to make up your mind that your surgery was worth it. Remember it may start out for the worse but it gets better. You will be skinny soon!:biggrin:

I would like this information... you can email it to me at lnmlisa@yahoo.com if you dont mind, I would greatly appreciate knowing what others have planned...Im having a hard time trying to figure out what to eat (or I guess it would actually be drink) for Breakfast on a clear liquid diet:unsure:

The attachment is in your inbox, check your email. Hope you feel better and better!