Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricare approved in 48 hrs.!!

I am approved and it only took 48 hours for Tricare to approve it!!! :sad: My surgery is July 24th... And band buddies out there???

Edited by CantB2noty

That's awesome!! I'm so jealous! Ok, so I haven't actually submitted the insurance paperwork yet, but I'm thinking it won't happen as fast as that.

I got my approval within 5 hours with Tricare!! The system has a surgery date of July 22 for me, but I do not know how true that is...the new patient coordinator at the surgeons office stays very busy and I havent heard from her. :-(

wonderful!!! i wish mine went that fast, but it's looking good. mine was submited 5 (bus) days ago. tricare called me and the surgeon this morning and stated that all they needed was my esophagram and thyroid results.....they were both faxed this afternoon. so far so good.

good luck!

I am approved and it only took 48 hours for Tricare to approve it!!! Am waiting on a call from the nurses to get scheduled for surgery....:tongue: My surgery is July 24th... And band buddies out there???

Congrats! Have you found the July 2009 bansters' forum yet? We are the Freedom Fighters! We'd love to have you!

woo-hoo ... good for you! Mine took about 36 hours w/tricare. Will you be going through a base hospital or off-base?

Congratulations!! Thats awesome that tricare approved you that fast... it took them a stinkin week to approve me and that was only after a few phone calls from the surgeons office and from me. I had my surgery today and I am glad to say I am doing great... pain is very minor and Im just really tired... Hope things go smoothly for you!

I am excited they approved me and would have gone postal if they hadn't. The fact that I have 135 lbs to lose is a pretty good indication that I am REALLY overweight. My blood work showed a barely functioning thyroid so slow metabolism (ya think?) And I am in the stages right before being told I am pre-diabetes....

Here in New Orleans our base medical facilities isn't large enough to take dependents, so I am out in town. Dr. Richardson at Oschner is doing it. I have had some really painful tummy surgeries, so I am looking forward to not being knocked out on painkillers for a couple of weeks, so thanks for the heads up. I gotta get better quick, hubby has duty the day after I get home from the hospital. But my kids are older (13,10,7) so I am sure I will be fine.

Oh and a friend is making my medical id Bracelet for me..I am ready to get busy getting healthier!