Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all. How are you? I think I am on a plateau and I wanna know how to get off of it~ I have been bouncing around the same weight give or take two pounds for the last three weeks. Nothing earth shaking going on. I need another fill I am fairely sure of that....and I hope that once I get the fill that will make a difference. But I feel sooo bloated and gross its not funny! Aunt Flo is just about ready to leave, shes packing her bags~ Good Ridence!~ And Im pretty sure that has something to do with it...but I am really seeing a slow down with the weight loss. How do I jump start this? Lower the caloric intake and up the exercise? That is sooo much easier said than done~ I have been stagnent now, without going back to work. However I did get a call from my old boss and she asked me if I would be interested in subbing for ClassRoom Aide....I may hear back from her tomorrow or Monday. It would be good getting out of the house and back to work. I know that will help me past this hump.

Well, thanks for listening!

Hi Porcindoll! Plateaus can be sooooo frustrating. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to jumpstart weightloss other than to do a really tough workout for a few days. I don't have much experience with it, but you could try going low-carb for a few weeks. Hang in there - I bet your fill will help a lot!

Thanks for the input Anne...When I find something that works I will letcha know :D...Im sure reducing carbs would help, but I really dont do too many as it is. Maybe watching fat intake. I bet thats higher than my carb intake. I dunno. I have never tracked anything I have taken in since the surgery.

I thought I was at a plateau too, but I had gained 11 lbs of muscle, so maybe you're losing fat and gaining muscle, which is not a good thing for the scales, but a good thing for the body.

Even just changing your exercise routine can help - your body gets used to doing the same thing all the time and becomes too efficient at it. If you walk daily, trying swimming a few days instead, do a spin class instead of the treadmill, that kind of thing. Keep up resistance training because it builds muscle, depending on what you've been doing that could even be a factor, muscle is heavier.

Everybody needs to eat less as their weight drops but dont eat too little and perhaps spread your intake ovr five or six small meals instead of three.

That's what I've read anyway, lol. I dont actually follow my own advice.

This might sound like a strange, but since my surgery, I have hit two major plateaus. The first time, I tried Dr. Fox's plateau buster posted on this site. I lost 4 lbs. within 10 days. The next plateau I hit, I just increased my intake for three days--basically eating whatever I wanted and after only 3 days, I lost 5 lbs.! I know it sounds strange, but maybe you aren't eating enough calories. I was eating between 900-1100 calories and would average 1-2 lbs. every 4 weeks. Now, I eat at least 1200 calories every day, usually more, and I lose 1-2 lbs. steadily.

Good luck!

Tricia

Hey guys~ Thanks for the input. I dunno whats going on. I know I need a fill. I am switching my normal diet for today...See if that helps and I am switching my exercise...God help me if I am gainning muscle...I have a big frame as it is. I will look like a pro wrestler~YIKES~ I will letcha know what happens. I am gonna switch afew things over the next few days and we will see...I will check out that Dr Fox's plateau busting diet...Sounds scarey to me...eatting what ever I want? That could be asking for T-R-O-U-B-L-E~ One more week till the haunted house opens...and I go NUTS up there. So, there will be a different exercise routine. I am on my feet and on the go for HOURS!! I go for a fill on the 27th, then we open on the 30th, I know that will help.

OKAY DOKAY! coffee is calling~

Talk to you all soon

Here you go:

Dr. Fox's Plateau Buster

Originally Posted by: BandAid

Here's a popular Plateau Busting plan:

Dr. Fox's Plateau Busting Diet

This is the plan that Dr. Fox gives to his RNY and AGB patients in order to get through a plateau in weight loss.

#1 Do for 10 days to break plateau

#2 Drink 2 quarts of Water a day

#3 You must have 45 grams of Protein supplement and all your Vitamin & mineral supplements each day.

#4 You may consume up to 3 oz. of the following high-protein foods, 5 times a day:

a.. beef,

b.. pork,

c.. chicken,

d.. turkey,

e.. lamb,

f.. fish,

g.. eggs,

h.. low-fat cheese,

i.. cottage cheese,

j.. plain yogurt (or artificially sweetened),

k.. Peanut Butter,

l.. beans/legumes.

#5 You may also have:

a.. sugar-free popsicles (avoid juice popsicles),

b.. tea or coffee,

c.. sugar-free sodas,

d.. sugar-free Jello,

e.. broths & bouillons,

f.. Crystal Lite drinks.

#6 IF IT IS NOT ON THE LIST YOU MAY NOT HAVE IT!

#7 Keep a food diary and try to get 30 minutes of exercise daily.