Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OOOPS! I did something and wonder if anyone else has!

UH OH! I am in the process of moving offices and I was at my new office checking it out and without even thinking about it, having my mind elsewhere....I swallowed my gum. Has anyone else done this? And I think I learned my lesson not to chew gum anymore! It didn't hurt or anything but I did it and it really bothered me. So, if anyone has done this or knows someone that is banded and goofed like me...let me know how everything worked out! Thanks! laugh.gif

since your band is new like mine i would not worry about it, but once you start getting fills and restrictions it will be a huge problem.

The other night i was sucking on a hard candy the size of a quarter and i choked and swollowed it. I figure i would BP if it was a problem and i didnt so it must have gone down.

:D

I wouldn't fret too much, there was someone a few weeks ago who did the same exact thing and she had no problems. Just make sure you drink a bit of Water before trying to eat, just in case it's still hanging there.

Good Luck

Cindy

Thanks for the replies...It makes me feel better. I just had some Soup and it went down ok...but believe me, I will know better next time NOT to swallow the gum...maybe I will just keep more aware of the fact that it is there!! I felt like a goof for doing it but anyone who knows me will probably expect little goofs like that from me! Oh well! LOL

Gum is a huge no no. I am glad your ok now but I have heard of people having to be hospitalized because of it. Its best just not to chew gum again--period.

Guest hulk

please tell me what pb stands for

Here is a list of message board terms - PB is included:

250/175/130 = Was/Am/Wannabe = starting weight/current weight/goal weight

BTW = By the way

CUL8R = See you later

CYA ( cya ) = See Ya

CYA = Cover Your Arse (In addition to "See Ya Later")

DB = Darling Brother, Dear Brother or whatever “D” word depending on mood

DD = Darling Daughter, Dear Daugher or whatever “D” word depending on mood

DH = Darling Husband, Dear Husband or whatever “D” word depending on mood

DS = Darling Son, Dear Son or Darling Sister, Dear Sister or whatever “D” word depending on mood

DS = Duodenal Switch

DW = Darling Wife, Dear Wife or whatever “D” word depending on mood

FAQ = Frequently asked questions.

FWIW = For What It's Worth

FYI = For your information.

HTH = Hope this helps. or Hope that helps.

IMHO ( imho ) = In My Honest Opinion, In My Humble Opinion

IMO ( imo ) = In My Opinion

IT = Information Technology.

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid.

LAP = Laparoscopic Procedure

L8TR ( l8tr ) = Later ( Like see ya later )

LMAO = Laughing My A$$ Off

LOL ( lol ) = Laugh Out Loud

MB = Message Board.

NEWBEE ( newbee, newbie ) = New user of Internet and or computer.

NICK ( nick ) = Name used by people ( Individual ) on the Internet.

NSV = non scale victory (a change other than the scale…something suddenly fits, others notice your weight loss, etc.)

OMG = Oh My God, Oh My Gosh

OP = Original Poster

OT = Off Topic, used on message boards when the post is not on the threads subject..

PB = Productive Burp (quick vomit without the stomach acid since it is just the food in your pouch)

PIC ( pic ) = Picture

PPL ( ppl ) = People

PS = Plastic Surgery

RTFP = read the fine print

RNY = Roux En Y (Gastric Bypass Surgery)

ROFL ( rofl ) = Rolling On Floor Laughing

ROFLMAO = Rolling on floor laughing my a** off

SNAFU = situation normal, all fouled up

SV = scale victory (when the numbers on the scale actually show a change)

TT = Tummy Tuck

TTFN = Ta Ta For Now

TTYL = Talk to you later

TYFS = Thank you for sharing

URL ( url ) = Uniform Resource Locater, Internet address of a web page ( http://sitename )

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

WTF ( wtf ) = What the Freak or your other favorite explicative

WLS = Weight Loss Surgery

ZZZZZZ ( zzzzz ) = sleeping or Bored

Good luck,

Kathy,

Many months ago I remember a member swallowed her gum - and freaked. She came here for immediate advice.

Someone (Zoe?) recommended her eat a spoonful of Peanut Butter - since Peanut Butter seems to disolve gum on everything else, why not in our disgestive system as well?

you may do a search to get more details on that story. But I remember that everything turned out fine! :D

Yikes, the thought of swallowing gum scares me. I had the worse, most horrible PB imaginable from swallowing a cold pill. But even a cold pill can dissolve. Thanks for the gum warning, that's an important one. Good thing it didn't hurt you. Did I say "Yikes?"