Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Ohio Get Together - July 11, 2009

The invitation is open to all! Whether you are pre-band, newly banded or an old band pro.

Everyone is welcome!

Where: Polaris Mall food Court

When: Saturday July 11, 2009

Time: 2 p.m.

Look for us near the entrance to the Great Indoors store in the back corner seating area next to Chik-Fil-A. If we're not there look for a large group of folks sitting at several tables pushed together in the areas on either side of the Great Indoors... that's usually us :-)

Hope to see you there!

We had a good time of sharing at the June get together at the Mall for our bandsters group and even though I have been to several of these, I still learn more each time and enjoy being uplifted and encouraged by others who really know what this journey is all about.

We had two different perspectives of those of us who were in the morbidly obese category pre-band about how we felt about ourselves and how we view ourselves in retrospect. I had an attitude that if I could physically get out there and do something, and in some cases I couldn't due to my size, I would go for it and take the attitude of who cares what others think! HeatherA had a different view - she shared that some of us withdraw inside ourselves and as we get heavier we start staying away from things we'd love to do because we don't want the ridicule or even possible embarrassment. And of course, there is every combination in between.

In looking back personally, I regret having spent so many years overweight and missing out on some things I hoped to do in life but in other ways, I've come to accept who I am is God's gift to me, and I have to love myself no matter what. What I am becoming now, being healthier, is a gift back to God to say thank you for a healthy future.

Another viewpoint is to look back at those years overweight and opportunities missed and say to ourself, I really hate that I wasted those precious years of my life. If nothing else, that hatred or regret about the lost past, will keep us motivated to never go back to those fat days again.

So, I thought I'd post this here so that those of you who might consider coming, know that we have different views and listen thoughtfully to each person's needs when they come.

Also, please say a little prayer for our special Bandster Brenda who has to have a band revision surgery here soon. Her band has slipped and she was sharing at the June meeting her experience on that. We are anxious to hear if Dr. Meyers at Riverside can just reposition her band or if it has to be replaced or what.

Brenda and another of our bandsters Susan shared that they both experienced severe restriction after repeated bouts of coughing related to a flu episode and the other for an asthma attack. In one case, an unfill brought immediate relief, in another, they ended up needing hospitalized for dehydration due to not being able to get enough fluids down. Please, please, call your doctor if you can't keep fluids down.

Last, we occasionally swap bags of clothes with others who come. I would have some summer things in 2x-3x if anyone is interested. Just PM me on this board and let me know.

I promise to make this one, This past weekend turned out to be the weekend from Hell, despite the fact that it was my 50th birthday. I promise to try and make July, but hopefully it won't appear that I am making it to gloat about being in Onederland and making my goal (I hope) I did enjoy going to a support group at OSU where they did a clothing exchange. Us bandsters are a majority at those meetings typically.

I promise to make this one, This past weekend turned out to be the weekend from Hell, despite the fact that it was my 50th birthday. I promise to try and make July, but hopefully it won't appear that I am making it to gloat about being in Onederland and making my goal (I hope) I did enjoy going to a support group at OSU where they did a clothing exchange. Us bandsters are a minority at those meetings typically.

Is what I meant to say.

Kathy,

I work both Fri and Sat night, but I am going to try to wake up and come to the meeting! I miss seeing everyone, and really would love to chat with everyone for a bit!

I noticed how great you are looking, too...and was wondering if you might be interrested in some clothes that I have. I have a TON of size 18, and was just going to but them on craigslist, but would much rather share with a friend!

I am wearing mostly 16's (although most I have to roll over to stay up!) and figure I am about at my goal...so I need to clean out my closet and make room for more clothes next year after my PS!

Has anyone heard if Juli will be there this meeting? I would LOVE to see and talk with her about her PS journey...she was the first of us to do it, right?

Well, I hope to get my bootie up and moving on Sat morning! See you then!

Hi Niki. That is great if we get to visit Saturday. Yes, bring your size 18s along and will be glad to get some use or share if someone else also comes and can use some.

Yes, I am hoping we see Juli but I know how busy things are for her too. Let's cross our fingers.