Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nanook back from her RNY on Thursday....

Well I'm back from my RNY that I had on Thursday and feel a lot better now that I'm home. Was released at 9:30 AM Saturday but as most of us know it takes a while and left at 1:00PM.

At first the pain was so great along with headaches that I was experiencing a bit of self doubt about this surgery. I had some scar tissue from the removal of the lap band last October so I suppose it took a little longer. That incision for the big stapler is pretty sore. And I don't remember if this happened with the lap band but after this surgery I physically appear larger but refuse to get on the scale:ohmy:

I won't discusss the hospital or the staff because even though there were a few bad experiences there were more positive, can't be perfect but did have a male nurse from Hell who probably needed the vacation he took to Italy today:cursing:

OK I lied I did discuss but I'll try not to from now on!

Anyway I had a bit of a scare as my bp was way up the day I dealt with, I'll call him "Biff" (male nurse from Hell) and it just increased during the day and got worse and my headaches got worse and body temp rose. So they called in an on-call surgeon and she waited until things got better as she didn't want to have to go in there that night due to some infection. Trust me I'd pull the cord before I'd let them do that again!!

So I'm on liquids, clear for a couple days and my meds are going down and the headaches are starting to subside. Maybe because I'm back on my antidepressants. Plus I can sleep as that was nearly impossible except during the surgery!

But I just thought since I could sit up a bit I'd share while it's still fresh in my mind, my short term memory is not too good, not due to the surgery:blushing:. I thought for those of you it would benefit, as I'm certainly not a procedure pusher that I would share in case it helps someone. Take care, Nancy.:tongue_smilie:

Welcome back, sweetie!

Glad you're doin' ok....

Welcome to the world of the Malabsorbed!

Keep a low profile, and don't push yourself too hard....and prepare for a rapid weight loss!:tongue_smilie:

and.....TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!!!!!!

I look forward to hearing about your adventure!!

HH :)

Nancy, I am glad to hear you are back home. I hope you have a speedy recovery and much success with your RNY!

Thanks Headhunter,

Today I know what it's like to be kicked to death in the ribs by feral donkeys! My group has a combined vits/sups etc... where you only take four chewables a day which is much different than the huge amount my daughter took and could never get down! But I have to take the Protein everyday which is no big deal, well now it is of course but in the future shouldn't be. Anyway if these damn headaches would go away life would be much better. Thanks for your support, Nancy.

Thanks Susan,

I appreciate and hope things continue to be successful for you also with your sleeve! Take care Nancy.