Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Acid Reflux Question

I have a question that I hope somebody can help me with. I am experiencing acid reflux. It is almost 14 days since my last fill and the reflux just started up. I am wondering if a lot of stress could cause me to have this reflux because I wasn't experiencing any problems whatsoever until my mom fell and broke her hip. She is in a hospital an hour away and I have to drive over this very scary bridge over the Mississippi River to get to her. Plus my sisters are bossing me around and telling me what to do. All of this has me verrry stressed out and I wondered if this could bring on acid reflux. Besides using Prevacid and not eating or drinking too late, what suggestions does anybody have to help reduce the symptoms. I know not to eat foods lthat are fatty or greasy, but does anyone else have any other :crying:suggestions? I really don't want to have another unfill. I only have 3 cc's in my band as it is. Thanks for any help.

I have a question that I hope somebody can help me with. I am experiencing acid reflux. It is almost 14 days since my last fill and the reflux just started up. I am wondering if a lot of stress could cause me to have this reflux because I wasn't experiencing any problems whatsoever until my mom fell and broke her hip. She is in a hospital an hour away and I have to drive over this very scary bridge over the Mississippi River to get to her. Plus my sisters are bossing me around and telling me what to do. All of this has me verrry stressed out and I wondered if this could bring on acid reflux. Besides using Prevacid and not eating or drinking too late, what suggestions does anybody have to help reduce the symptoms. I know not to eat foods lthat are fatty or greasy, but does anyone else have any other :crying:suggestions? I really don't want to have another unfill. I only have 3 cc's in my band as it is. Thanks for any help.

Hey there.. stress definetly can cause acid reflux.. I am almost 1 year since being banded and have been pretty stressed out lately.. I ended up having some chest pains and went to the e.r. and found out yep it was reflux. I started taking prilosec every night and wow it has really helped.. I have also started doing yoga and spending at least one hour a day reading a book to relax my mind and body.. I also recommend bubble baths!~! I wish you lots of luck and hope I was able to give you some ideas. Allie~

Hi Allie. Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I was banded June 16 last year. You have done a great job losing 137 pounds! I've lost 92 pounds. I have another question for you. Did your problems start shortly after a fill or not? That is my concern. I had a fill 10 days before my problems started but that is also the day my mom fell and broke her hip. I only have 3 cc's in me. Thanks again for any help. Pam

It could be combination of the fill and the stress. Some fills take as much as two weeks (per my doctor's office) to kick in. With the added stress of your mom's injury, you could be just a tad too tight for your stress level. You might try some type of OTC medicine for the reflux until things calm down, or you might get a slight unfill. I wish you the best, and a speedy recovery for your mom.

It could be combination of the fill and the stress. Some fills take as much as two weeks (per my doctor's office) to kick in. With the added stress of your mom's injury, you could be just a tad too tight for your stress level. You might try some type of OTC medicine for the reflux until things calm down, or you might get a slight unfill. I wish you the best, and a speedy recovery for your mom.

Thank you. I am afraid that I might need an unfill. I wouldn't mind too much if I could get a slight unfill. But my doctor will probably give me a complete unfill like last time. I really don't want to do that. But if this acid thing doesn't improve pretty soon, I will not have a choice. Thanks about my mom. She is getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Thank God for the nurses. They were fantastic to her and to my family. Pam

You take care of yourself. You won't be any good to your mom if you are ill. Get the unfill. Maybe if you talk to you doctor's office about not wanting it all taken out, they won't do it. If you aren't vomiting, I would think it shouldn't be a big deal to leave most of your fill in place.

My good friend is a nurse. I know what a blessing they can be. You take care.

You take care of yourself. You won't be any good to your mom if you are ill. Get the unfill. Maybe if you talk to you doctor's office about not wanting it all taken out, they won't do it. If you aren't vomiting, I would think it shouldn't be a big deal to leave most of your fill in place.

My good friend is a nurse. I know what a blessing they can be. You take care.

Thank you Slim. I am giving it one more day and if things don't get better, I am going to go for that unfill. I am going to make the appointment today. I can always cancel if things get better. Thanks again. Pam