Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded bet. 1 june and 10 june ....

I just got this idea if you were banded between 1 june and 10 june, we would like to start a weekly weight check. Every friday we weigh ourselves and see who will be the biggest loser :drool: just a way to keep us running and help each other if you like it please lets start from here ...... :blink:

well I will start, my weight is 200.2 so we will see what my weight will be next week on friday the 19 june.....

Yeah - I'm in....

I was anded on 8th June... I started at 266lb and a BMI of 47.

I refuse to weigh myself until I have the staples out on 18th... then I'll weigh in on 19th!!

Great idea... thanks!!

Saffy, did they use staples on you instead of surgical adhesive or did you have to have an open procedure?

Trisha

I had staples...

My surgeoun uses staples routinely. I have 6 in my port wound and 3 in the rest.

My surgeon says that they ensure you don't pull the wound open again, but also that they fade to practically zero. I was dubious, but he's the best surgeon in the UK, and so I'm prepared to listen!!!!

Also - I never had to do any liquid phase of pre or post op... I went straight onto puree! I feel great and not hungry at all!

If you trust your surgeon, that's all that matters. That's great with no pre- or post-op diet. For me personally it helped to have that time to adjust eating style. Although don't know that it really would have made a difference since I have no appetite now at all. Now that I can add eggs (eggbeaters) and cottage cheese, at least I don't have to do the shakes anymore. I got to where I couldn't even stand to smell one. Another week and I can have chicken/fish...woo-hoo.

trisha

I was banded at 8pm on the 8th and then at 8am the next day, they brought me porridge for Breakfast and then thick veg Soup for lunch.

When I got home, I found I was hungry on the thin Soups I had gotten in "just in case" and I spoke to the dietician, who said it was fine to go onto puree so long as I was not feeling sick or unwell with it.

I had mashed pureed potato with some fish pureed with some milk to make it thinner than mush and had some pureed sweet potato too.... Result - I was satisfied and felt much stronger for eating food.

I imagine I'll do another week or so on the puree mush, then go onto thicker mash for a week or so...

I was banded on the 10th. I'm down to 199.4. I was 217 when i started the pre-op diet.

I'm on full liquids at the moment. My worst part is how sore my throat still is. Otherwise, I'm a happy camper.

Oooh yes - the sore throat.... LOL. My throat is still sore, and my mouth tastes vile... I saw a pharmacist and asked her for advice, and she just said it was perfectly normal after an anaesthetic....

Time heals all wounds, she said!!

Does everything taste metallicy to you? It does me. Just nasty!

The hospital called me yesterday to check on me and they said if my throat is still this sore, then I better see my PCM on monday. I may be on the road to strep.