Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Good evening everyone!!

Went to brunch and the to see "The Drowsy Chaperone", it was cute, not great, but cute. This is the second time I am seen it, and the guy who was the lead, was SO MUCH BETTER this time!!

Good Luck Jenn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back Kat, Michelle and Terry!!

Off to do some errands..........

Jenn-I also get on the treadmill on front of the CMT videos and plug in my earphones and walk and sing...I wonder if that is why nobody ever walks on the ones next to me....hmmm.... LOL

Hey everyone.

I had one terrible eating day today. OK, I'm over it now. Tomorrow morning back on the wagon again.

Went to a bridal shower today and wore a new shirt I got the other day. A 2X. OMG. It felt great. That's amazing for me, coming from a 5-6X.

I have a very busy week this week. Hopefully it will keep me away from the cupboard. I need to work on those last 3 pounds for the month.

Have a great evening.

Good evening, Violets..

We're back from our shopping weekend. I got a couple of shirts and a kabob basket thingy for the grill. Grady was a trooper at the mall. Kris, Grady and I walked and shopped for 4 hours. I was sooooooooo exhausted that night. My knee hurt and my back hurt. But dang, I slept well! Bob and I went to church this morning and after the service a lady came to me and told me I had a beautiful voice and would I be interested in joining the choir.. lol I told her I was from Alpena and I directed our choir and she said.. "I should have known". It was such a good service, so warm and friendly and a very good sermon. Certainly isn't like that at the church here.

The only sad part about shopping yesterday and today is that Kris couldn't find an outfit to wear for a special occasion next month. She was so discouraged because she hasn't lost her baby fat yet. I knew exactly how she felt having been there, done that. She's going to get a personal trainer next week and hopefully she will be motivated to lose those pounds. The special occasion is the committment ceremony for Bob's cousin's son and his partner. It will be at the theatre in Traverse City (2 hours away from here) as that is where they met and work. I'm anxious to see what kind of ceremony they will have.

Michelle.. I'm with you and everyone else.. it's time for us to get off our butts and follow those bandster rules we know so well. I pb'd more this weekend than I have in a long time. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm hesitant to eat much now. Of course the chocolate and ice cream still goes down like a charm. :wink2::mad:

My mini-goal for this week is to NOT overindulge in sweets. We'll see how that goes.

I got a call from one of my former colleagues and she left a voice mail saying she had some news about a former student of mine. I haven't been able to get her on the phone yet, but on Facebook it said a Mio student was accidentally shot and killed. He was to be a Junior this coming school year. Mio is a small community with the school being K-12 all in the same building. The graduating class is usually 30-40 students. I don't know which student this is until I find out his last name. I'm dreading finding out.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Back from the rally---tired, a bit sunburned, but had a good time!

Didn't win the motorcycle they give away....surprise surprise!

We went down with 3 other couples, and one of the couples DD's, her bf and his buddy. So there was a group of 11 of us. Then the 2nd day, the kids rode in to Albq. and picked up the other boys girlfriend. We had an entire section of the park--a KOB type of campground to ourselves. We stay there every year, and when they realized we were coming with such a group this time, they give us our own section!

It is a nice campground, we can have campfires, and cook, but there is also a nice shower/bathroom area!! A must for me these days!

We really didn't buy much, a tool bag for the chopper. Some tshirts for the kids, odds and ends. Spent lots of time listening to the bands, and sipping on beer!! LOL

I did have my chocolate dipped cheesecake, but limited myself! I wanted them every single time we ventured past the stand, I resisted.

Had some sort of allergy issue the last day, and ended up drugged up on benedryl! Eyes swelling, sneezing, throat itching, misery! BUT I slept like a log last night, I did not hear a single harley roaring around!!! Unreal!

Judy, Grady is adorable!!! He comes by being tall naturally, but he doesn't look that big to me!

My DIL went to the Dr. last Tuesday, and he said the baby had dropped, and his head was engaged. He shut down their plans for going to the rally. He said labor could begin at any time, and if it does, they will deliver him then, and if it does not happen spontaneously, they will take him on the morning of the 7th. I think the day may change, he told her he likes to have long weekends, yet he scheduled her for delivery on a Friday.....which to me means he will leave her in the hospital until Monday?? Even for a c section that seems wierd.

Anyway----any day now we will have a new grandson!

We bought Connor a tshirt (as well as a sticker for his trike) that says "Papa's little riding buddy". Kinsey, being girlie, ended up with a little rhinestone studded --well the straps have the crystals--tank top that says Biker Babe.

Well I am off to hit the shower, and cuddle on the lawn swing with my husband. He grilled me the best steak for dinner!!! All because I baked him a cake. He has been craving chocolate cake and ice cream--vanilla or Cookies and cream. Having the right mix as well as the correct ratio of ice cream to cake is highly important! I had to think of Laura as I finished the cake, it didn't even make a blip on my "WANT IT" scale!! He was so thrilled!!! So I got a great steak, and we are both happy.....happy home dwellers again, not happy campers!!!

Tracy--I missed you too. In the morning, while everyone was sitting around blurry eyed, visiting....I would wonder to myself if they had WiFi!!! Wouldn't have mattered, we went on the bike, so of course no computer, but I still wondered!

Terry, great pics!!

See y'all in awhile, maybe tomorrow, if I crash early.

I just found out that the 16 year old that was killed was one of my favorite kindergarten students. Josh Chartier. He was always smiling.. always well behaved. Just a neat little guy. He was cleaning a loaded gun and it went off and killed him. The funeral is at the school on Wednesday. I'll be driving over. It's sad when anyone dies, but more so when it's someone who has never reached their full potential. Please hold his family in your prayers tonight.

Judy, there are just no words to say. No way can I even imagine what those parents are going thru. How truly awful.

I am keeping all of his family and friends in my prayers.

Hey Girls~

Judy...that is terrible! So sorry, it is something I have dreaded for years, to mourn a student (or former student).

We went swimming today at Stefs house. Got a bit crispy. Sus was topless and "the girls" really got it! Had a fun and relaxing day.

Susie, last week you mentioned about being "stealth" on Facebook. Is that is something that is real? Can it be done? Please let me know if you know something.

OK..waiting for BB! I already know who is nom'd and who got veto. It is one of my fav guilty pleasures!

Judy I am so sorry for you, and the boys family and friends, it is so hard when they are so young.

When you remember Judy's former student, please also include the family of Danny Patrick in your prayers. He has been my friend since 6th grade. Was one of my first big crushes, and has been a dear friend ever since, and he died of a massive heart attack over the weekend, we just found out. Makes me so sad. His voice and mannerisms are so clear in my mind, I cannot imagine them gone.

He left behind a young son.

Just got out of the shower. Almost fell asleep on the swing, so thought I would get ready and just go to bed.

Prayers going your way Judy....

Morning everyone

Judy and Kat, how terribly sad

I'm just shutting down my computer drinking my cofee, I'm leaving in 30 mins, my suitcase is in the car, i just need ice in the cooler and my small bag with the stuff i need this morning. of course I couldn't sleep and i called my friend to wake her up and she only got 4 hrs, but has me beat, i only got 2 if i am lucky, so after we bake in the sun for a couple hrs and check in, we may take a little tiny nap, at least tonight when i can't sleep i can get up and find something to do.

talk to ya'll in a few days

Morning, today I start anew. Wish me luck and I wish luck to all that are going to give it their all today and this week.

So sad to hear of both passings.

Laura, good luck on your upper GI today.

Judy and Pam, down in the corner where you see it says chat. When you click on that it will show you who is online. You can click on the options and go off line so no one knows you are there. Only problem is you don't know if anyone else is on line.

Work this morning and than hopefully some swim time this afternoon.

Everyone, make it a good day and make good food choices.

Susie, that is great news about the shirt!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that is a hazard of the job, but I would get so attached that when something like this happens I would be a mess. I mean I have had some customers die in freak accidents and I only see them about 6 or 8 times a year, I still think about them, but everyday!!! My heart goes out to you Judy and the boys family and friends.

I have a couple appointments today then maybe going and helping a friend pack. She hasn't called me to let me know. It is no big deal though, I might just take the day off if she doesn't call and go gambling after my appointments!!

Okay everyone have a great week (food, motivation, and love!!!)

Morning girls~

Thanks Susie. Jenny doesn't want Lexy to know when she is on FB. I don't care so much...but it is nice to know you have the options. I tried it, but it didn't open for me. But I'll let her know!

((hugs)) to Judy and Kat!

Well, another lazy day here. We "talked" about working out...but actually with our shitty sleeping...we are not in sync yet. She was in bed at 7pm and up at 4am. So we are shooting for tomorrow. I get my fill back on Wed!!!! I am excited, but honestly, in the meantime...I've been enjoying bread! And I will make it my mission today to get some yummy Mex food today too! For all my good Violet sistas...I hope you will still love me! I am shooting for Wed to be good ^_^

Everyone have a great day!

xooxxoox

Jane - I'm like you, get attached oh so easily, LOL. Thanks for the good juju for this week. In LOVE and in food and in MOTIVATION!

For these three things I will set mini goals for this week.

For LOVE I will tell my loved ones that I love them at least once a day. I don't say it often enough to my sisters or to juan's brothers...

For MOTIVATION I will try to MOVE for at least 30 min a day once I get home from work. And not just from one couch to another, LOL...

For FOOD, I will resolve to not eat sweets this week. One whole week of no ice cream or Cookies or popsicles or cake or nothing. Oh and nothing fried. Not one fried thing in my mouth.

I printed these things out to myself and stuck them on my wall next to my computer at work. I will make similar ones and stick them on the fridge at home. I've gotta get his under control!!