Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

89 is absolutely glorious when you're used to 100+ degree weather and 100% humidity, LOL... The high of 89 is during the hottest part of the day though. My church ceremony will be scheduled around 4 and then the reception will start at 6, so by then the temp will be in the 70's... The more I talk about it the more I'm liking the scenario. Now to run it by my sisters, who are the toughest critics of this whole outdoor idea...

Uh.. ya'll have fun with your 80's dresses. I'm gonna be stylin' and profilin' :thumbdown:

HEHEHEHE.

Weddings are one of the few excuses I have in the world to wear a pretty dress.

There was a time that 89 was way too hot for me. But now, I freeze all the time! I hate going out to eat because the restaurants are all soooo cold! I seldom turn on the AC here at home. Pretty wierd, when I lost my outer layer of insulation, my system malfunctioned I think.

Now I do not go looking for heat--low 80's and I am comfy. Connor is here with us, as Ali is at her weekly OB appt. and he wants us to play soccer. Papa and he are out there in the 90+ degree weather kicking the ball, Granny is in here in the house, where it is not quite so hot!!! Thermometer for the house reads 77 and I am quite pleased!!!

Going to send out an email to y'all asking for help with a dilemma I am in!

Was expecting the Dr. home too.....maybe she decided to stay in Italy.....she DID sound pretty happy there!!! Her ticket to get to Haydees wedding just went up drastically if she did!! LOL

And Laura, we will ALL be stylin' in whatever Judy says we will be wearing!!! You will make a pretty fairy princess!!!

Can you seriously imagine the SHOCK and horror on poor Haydee's face after all this joking if we did all show up dressed exactly alike in something hideous like that!!

Haydee are any of your sisters married? Just remember while they might be your biggest critics, this is YOUR (and maybe Juans!!!) day----while they might have a say of opinion, they will get to make final decisions on THEIR days.....this one is YOURS!!!

Is there space on the property for a wedding tent? We have been to outdoor weddings, where tents were ready for inclement weather, and also one used for the wedding dance afterwards---the DJ refused to do one without, because of the expense of his flooring if it were to rain.

Laura, we stopped at a flea market last Sunday on our ride, and I found a dealer selling tractor seats---I collect them--they hang on my kitchen wall. Well he specialized his collection to ones with names, and there were a bunch with your last name on them! None with mine, that would have been asking toooooo much!! LOL

We bought an antique little pedal tractor---I almost felt bad, because I felt like we stole it from this woman, she sold it to us for $25.00. I looked on line last night, and one in not nearly as nice of shape was selling for $425.00!!! We looked crazy, we bungeed it to the back of the motorcycle, we were the hells Angels Beverly Hillbillies cross.

Have fun on your trip Jenn. How long til you can move away from NY?

Well I am going to take some popsicles outside, give poor Papa a well earned rest!!!

My married name? I don't know anyone with it, except the christian singer band, which people ask me if there's a relation when I have to say my last name.

We saw Up last night.. wasn't as good as I had hoped (people gave me misinformation on what it was about!!).

But Disney Pixar has those short movies before their movies, and I had to find it and share it. I thought it was sooooooo cute!!!

Pixar: Partly Cloudy - Daily best

Laura - that was the cutest thing. I loved it!

Kat - no. no weddings on either side of the families. So everyone is READY for this wedding and everyone has opinions about everything. We are both the eldest children on both sides of the family.

There is plenty of space for a tent but Juan's mom is planning on constructing this huge open air space with ceilings and floors and pillars. We are planning on setting it up in there or under the huge beautiful oak trees...

So basically what she's saying is, prepare to be WOW'd and see one of those fancy dream weddings we see on tv and can only imagine :thumbdown:

I called my band doc's nurse yesterday and left her a voicemail asking to have a fluro fill on Monday to check the band for problems. No answer, so this morning I e-mailed her. She e-mailed me back (yay for e-mail), and said she'll set it up that my fill on Monday is under fluro and asked what I think is wrong. So I explained all my concerns and speculations (I hate saying my speculations, I know docs don't like people trying to self-diagnose). I just need it checked out!!! Hopefully, there IS something wrong; but hopefully it's something we can fix without surgery.

Laura, that was too cute.

Haydee, I agree, it is your wedding. Mine however was my Dad's wedding. I was the first child to get married in the church and it was his time to shine. We had a great wedding and it was done on a small budget. I still get people telling me 26 and a half years later what a great time it was.

Well, hubby and I went to the phone store to go over my bill that just seems to keep getting higher. Ended up getting a new contract and a new phone. I never did like my old one. Only problem with this one so far is that I can't store addresses in it. I don't think I can. Still looking into it. My old one had all the phone numbers and addresses and was great for when I was out and wanted to mail something. Other than that I really like it.

I'm off to work, I'll chat at you tonight.

I hope everyone will be WOWed! I really want it to be special and fun and all I want is for everyone to have a great time. For me? All I want is to start making bebe's. that's the sole reason for this whole shebang... LOL

I hope everyone will be WOWed! I really want it to be special and fun and all I want is for everyone to have a great time. For me? All I want is to start making bebe's. that's the sole reason for this whole shebang... LOL

bebes make the world go round :thumbdown:

In case ya'll missed it on Facebook, we have been putting him in jumpers the past week and he loves them!!

6570_558082381387_11611473_32751607_476339_n.jpg

(too short for this one, so he has the wii fit under him)

6570_557875486007_11611473_32740382_6100741_n.jpg

6570_557875495987_11611473_32740384_4261776_n.jpg

Home from work. It's was really boring tonight.

I had an excellent eating day. Very proud of myself, now I just need to see if I can make it 2 days in a row. lol.

Haydee, what ever you pick will be beautiful. You wedding is based on love and a true respect for each other and it will be reflected in your choices. I for one am excited, even if it was being held in a phone booth. (personaly, I'm looking forward to all the authentic Mexican food). I may get a complete unfill just for it. LOL.

oh suzie. so sorry to dissapoint you about all the authentic mexican food... I'm gonna have normal white people food at the wedding, lol. Authentic mexican takes a long time to prepare and cook and usually messy to serve.

Oh but you know what, the next day we have what is called a torna-boda. I don't know how that translates into English but the next day close family and friends gather at the bride's family home and have another party. And that's where we will have some authentic mexican food... My dad will roast a pig over a pit. He's excited about that part, LOL...

Haydee, I can totally see you floating around in an outdoor ballroom, under a deep blue sky.....and if this "building" is not constructed and used until YOUR wedding, then it is not something that has ever been done at your MIL's place, and would make it all new! I am picturing like a HUGE classy gazebo style thing....it would be amazing!!!

Yes Laura your married name......cast and cut into the metal of a tractor seat!!!

Well, one pound has found its way back, I am still down 2---and will have a horrible next weekend! We will be at the rally----where the chocolate dipped cheesecake will call me 24/7!!! Oh well----I WILL make it, if I have to spend day and night on the elliptical when I get home! This goal is what is getting this weight back off---TY Tracy!!!

Suzanne---you stay soooo busy! How are things with the nephew??

Going to go scan some posts----I have not done a bit of moderating in daaaaayyss!!!!

YW Kat...now if I can get my scales to move in the right direction! lol

Good morning violets!

This morning dsd is at the cardiologist (long story) so pray that it goes well. She has been having an irregular heartbeat but since she moved in here with us it doesn't do it anymore...go figure. Anyway, I just hope they do not find anything wrong and that it WAS stress related.

I had a bad day yesterday. Not too bad with eating but I did have a bowl of ice cream with caramel & chocolate on it. :thumbup: BUT I am going to make up for it the rest of the month. I was just down in the dumps and headed right for my comfort food. I am better today :thumbup: thank goodness....the scale cant take it!

Have a fantastic day everyone! Respect the pouch!