Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Story Time.

A couple of months ago, Hubby and I joined a fitness center that has been here for about 7 years. It turns out that alot of people I go to church with are also members there and my nephew was telling that a lot of people he works with also go there. Well anyways, there is this guy that is always there on the treadmill when I get there. There are 4 treadmills, 2 and 2 and he is always on the back one by the wall. I take the one next to him because these 2 are the ones that have the digital readouts that is very extensive and I like that. So I get up there and start walking and we are both keeping pace pretty good, however after awhile he will kick it up and before I know it he is running. Just makes me want to trip him. He runs for about 3 minutes and than winds it down. We are back to our same pace. Every know and than I get a good wiff of him and have to hold my breath for a few seconds till the fans pass by again. So, this morning we get there and sure enough there he is again. I get on the treadmill and off I go with my MP3 player going. Walk, walk, walk. Love it. I get a whiff, yuck. That's ok. It just reminds me that he's there for a purpose and that I need to be jealous of him. Now mind you this guy is probably in his early 60's and if I say so myself, looks like he would be a nice catch for someone,(maybe me in the future). So, he's winding down and I happen to look over at his monitor to see how far he goes and yup, there it is in flaming red color, 27.1 miles. OH MY GOD. I'm complaining about my measly mile that I do when I go there. Holy crap. If I wasn't is such awe of him doing that I'd trip him. Ok, no more whining for me. I'm gonna get on that treadmill and keep reminding myself that it ain't so bad.

Rick's ankle is pretty nasty looking, and his leg is bruised up. Of course his biggest hurt is his bike! LOL. I went out and looked at it with him last night, and just lost it, the tears were of such relief. Then again laying in bed with him last night thinking what 'could' have been......amazes me, and humbles me in numerous ways.

He rode off to work today tho.....

He works tomorrow, then we have a bazillion things we are supposed to do tomorrow-----few of which will actually happen!!!

He has a company party in the park tomorrow, we are supposed to go to the Hot Rodders show----with the now dented bike! And my parents bought us tickets to go with them to the Bar D---which is a chuckwagon dinner in the mountains. With entertainment etc. My DD is bringing the new bf. We also have tickets to a Blues festival for tomorrow......and I had hoped to fit in time for a pedi and hair cut!

After that, we are on vacation, but tossing ideas around as to what to do. We chose to "stay home" so any little trips will be near by. Banking the $$$ as opposed to going somewhere right now.

Well clock says I have to go to work.....see ya tonight!

That Evian roller thing must be new, 5 people at work e-mailed it to me yesterday and 2 more this morning.

Debating on wether to go swimming or not. There are a few pop up showers around. I'll think about it.

Has Heather just completely left us? I haven't seen or heard a word from her. Not even an update on the baby. Oh well.

Kat on vacation. That sounds like a wonderful thing.

Jenn, hope you are getting your house done in time for everyone. I hope all goes well.

I made some chicken salad today so I guess that is what is for lunch. Or leftover spaghetti from last night. Hmmmm.

Make it a good one.

I was just getting ready to send this when on the news they reported that a infant was left in a car for 7 hours. I hope those parents get put in jail. I don't care if it was an accident. No excuses.

I was just getting ready to send this when on the news they reported that a infant was left in a car for 7 hours. I hope those parents get put in jail. I don't care if it was an accident. No excuses.

If it was an accident, the chances are good that the parents will torture themselves on a daily basis with guilt and self loathing....no need for jail, they will be prisoners anyway. If it was purposeful just so they could go play around and not have to take care of the baby, then yes, jail is appropriate, without a doubt.

Poor baby :tongue_smilie:

Jane-now that u mention it....we rarely (if ever) get forwarded mail. Please do not worry about it, ok? The thought is there! :tongue_smilie:

Good afternoon, Violets..

I've been cleaning and getting things ready for supper tonight. We're having pork chops (thick cut) with mango chutney, sauteed bok choy, roasted white and sweet potatoes, Tomato and mozzarella salad and angel food cake with fresh strawberries and cool whip for dessert. Hope I can eat more than a couple of bites.

Off to the pool for a little exercise and relaxing before I tackle some more cleaning.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Good afternoon, Violets..

I've been cleaning and getting things ready for supper tonight. We're having pork chops (thick cut) with mango chutney, sauteed bok choy, roasted white and sweet potatoes, Tomato and mozzarella salad and angel food cake with fresh strawberries and cool whip for dessert. Hope I can eat more than a couple of bites.

Off to the pool for a little exercise and relaxing before I tackle some more cleaning.

Hope everyone has a good day!

This reminded me of HeeHaw where everyone would say 'hey Grandpa, whats for supper' and he would list it all out and the cast would go "YUMMMMM YUM! LOL :tongue_smilie::lol::frown:

Judy got in her pool:hurt: It's just to darn cold for me.:incazzato:Hopefully tomorrow the sun wil come out and I can go swimming all day.

Judy, I was good with it till you got to the angel food cake and strawberries and cool whip. Yummmmm Yum.

hi girls... omgawd it's so freaking hot here. I went out during lunch to run an errand and I about keeled over while walking from the parking lot into the building. I'm gonna see if I can finish my work real quick so I can get out of here at around 3 and go and get in the pool. The pool Water is probably warm like bath water though.

Judy - your dinner sounds delish! I got a three bean and ham Soup in my crock pot but we're definetly not eating hot soup tonight. I'll put it away for another day... I'll probably ask Juan to take me out somewhere instead. Your pork chops sound yum!

Michelle - love love love your hair! It looks slightly different than before but it frames your face gorgeously. I would keep doing that cut!

Suzie - that was a cute story about the treadmill guy! Made me smile and remember something from a few days ago. Me and Juan were headed to his mom's house in the afternoon and we saw a lady running down the street. Juan mentioned that she was running kinda funny, almost lopsided. But I told him, at least she's moving her ass! Not like us pork dumplings just sitting on the couch, LOL.

i'm gonna get back to work now so I can hurry up and finish. All the big bosses are gone gone gone and I told my boss that I might leave early if I finish and he said sure.

Everyone have a good weekend!

81 here today. The pool is 90.. it was awesome. I did my exercises and then lay on the float for 15 minutes. I have everything ready for company. I'll start cooking in a half hour. I think I'll chill out with Bejwewled on Facebook for a little bit.

Everyone have a good evening!

Work was a no-brainer tonight. No one showed up. So I left early. By a half hour.

hi gals, just sitting down for the first time in days

had a bad emotional day yesterday with Kev, I'm trying to get some answers and closure to our past. He is probably going to be admitted to an in patient treatment center to get his mental issues taken care of, which he should have done a year ago when they wanted to put him in there. Anyway... sometimes the truth and honesty helps but hurts if that makes sense.

on top of that, i don't have time for a complete mental breakdown, not even close. I got everything done, yard is mowed, bathroom is done until i take the floor up next week, wall in living room is done, laundry room is cleaned out (it is my office too) so tomorrow, i have to put ice in the coolers, which already are filled, and veggies that were cut tonight on the tray. That should be it!

Tomorrow mornng i'll take pics of the bathroom and post them at some point, I am very pleased except I need to buy a new faucet which pisses me off, the one i have was $250 and that does not make me happy to replace.

anyway, i'm going to run the vaccume and maybe go to sleep, i only got 2 hrs last night, but i did get to watch my all time favorite movie Practical Magic at 1am so that was a bonus

hope you are all doing well and i'll catch up 100% this weekend

Haydee... I say beautiful free wedding sounds great! LOL

that would be my speed... oh wait, doesn't look like that is ever going to happen for me.

anyway... talk to you all later