Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Michelle, the glasses look great on you. I really like them.

Calling it quits early tonight. I'm really tired.

Have a good one.

Hey girls~

Weeks is almost over! YAY!!! They hired a billing clerk at work, which was supposed to free up the office manager to help me--she was supposed to run the front....but instead it gives her more time to run around "doing errands".......so no nothing has really changed. I still like the job, and I am without question always busy---they days fly by. So will quit complaining...it obviously is not getting me anywhere anyway!!

Tonight I stopped in at Ricks work to get his check to take to the bank. They are having a big payroll upheaval. You have to re enter your direct deposit info or you get your paycheck on a debit card thing----grrrrr. So this week everyone got a paper check. So Rick tells me rather ominously "I need to talk to you" I thought laid off.... he says, "I wasn't going to even say anything now, but I think someone you know might have seen me, and I decided I would rather tell you" Now this is a man I trust implicitly! I am thinking WTH???? I ask him is it bad? Trying to delay, because I did not want to hear bad news!

He tells me "I hit a deer this morning". So I knew he was going out to the field, and I thought he must have been speeding, and is headed for unpaid leave. So I said something to that way of thinking, and he stopped and looked at me real serious, and said "on the chopper". OMG!!!I freaked out! He raised his pant leg, and his leg is purple and brown bruised. he said he saw her headed out on the highway and he began shutting it down, but you do not lock brakes on a bike! So he saw the impact coming, he said he through his leg up planning on letting the bike slide out from under him, and his leg connected with the deers head, and slammed it back into the bike, and then the deer just went behind the front wheel which is stretched out there a good ways, and the 4 to 1's (exhaust pipes) hit her, they were covered in hair, and he rolled right over her! He said she was up and running when he saw her, and he managed to keep it on 2 wheels. He rode a couple of seconds further, pulled off and checked himself and the bike, and went on to work. He said a second faster and she would have hit the front tire, and it would have been all over. If she had raised up and hit his handlebars instead of dropping and going under it would have all been over.....still kind of shakes me up. He told me "It could have all been over today" So we are viewing it as a good sign----a positive, he is ok, if a bit bruised! Thank You God!!

Today I began trying to adjust myself into contact lenses! We did not have what he wants me to wear in stock, so I am doing the distance vision, and will do the bi focals when we get back from vacation. It amazes me how crystal clear things appear to be! WoW!!! Of course with them, reading is an issue......If I can get it where the distance is this clear AND I can read, I will be a happy camper! I also got some casual glasses---they are blue! Not sure why I like them, but I did, so......they will only work with select things well, but I'll wear them match or not!! LOL

Was good to hear from Pamela!!! Hope her birthday continues to be a wonderful day!

Rick finished his Moms car. She never so much as offered him a bologna sandwich.....and tonight, just as we sat down to dinner, here come a couple of kids who used to work for him, needing help with a pick up---a big diesel, and he is still messing with it. He will be ready for vacation without a doubt!

The mountain pics Terry posted are beautiful, but do not even show the height of the mountains, it is like the grand canyon, it does not translate into pics!

The fireworks they put off in those little mountain communities like Steamboat, and Silverton where we went, the mortars booming, echoes off the mountains, it is incredible, you litterally feel the earth shake! If ever you get a chance to go in the area she is, GO!!!

Well I am going to go hint that Ricks dinner is still sitting and grew cold an hour ago.

See you tomorrow!

Yes Haydee the card is for Lauras parents. I will send it to you first since I need to send your very late engagement card!!

Michelle, I love your hair!!! I don't think I would have gone that route, it is great!!! Really nice job!!!!! Love the glasses too!!

Tracyk did you ever get your koozie???

Love the pic of carson in 'margaritaville'!!

Hey Roomie!! Love the glasses and the hair.. though I loved your hair before too. Did you check your email yesterday or today?? You should have a birthday card from me from yesterday. I didn't get a notice that you opened it yet.

I had Grady for two hours tonight and he was really good. Only one little crying jag and 4 oz. of formula took care of it. He had 6 oz. a couple of hours prior so I didn't want to give him another full bottle. He laughed, cooed, smiled. Just a good time this time. I was relieved.

Ethan and I were in the pool for over an hour today. What a treat. He's coming tomorrow for a little bit so we'll get some more pool time. The pool is 90 degrees and feels almost like a hot tub. I just love it!!

We're having company for supper tomorrow night so I'll be cleaning and cooking and doing some yard work tomorrow. Happy days.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Kat.. Rick is VERY lucky to be alive. Our daughter in law's father hit a deer with this bike three years ago and didn't survive. Very, very sad. Rick certainly must have had a guardian angel watching over him.

Oh, & that's not what I wanted or asked for re: the haircut... in fact, I had a pic w/me from Cali, to remind her what she did last time... oh well... it'll grow... so for now I just muss it up w/mousse and go! Figure it's a good style for summer... (I guess I should've had you do it in Ala, Jane!!!)

Long day!! -- that pic I posted was taken with my iPhone! Yep, it's real!

Oh wow, Yeah Rick is very lucky, I know people in CARS that died from hitting deer.. how scary.

Good Morning.

Hubby and I are up and getting ready to go to the gym. Lucky me.

I also have to work later this afternoon. So not sure if there will be any pool time. We had storms this morning and they may hit again today. But we had a good day with Abby yesterday in the pool. She has so much fun and is a crack up. One thing I keep noticing though is she is pushing the life-jacket issue. She started to get in the pool and than told me that she was only going to sit on the step. After about 30 seconds she got up and went over and put her jacket back on and got in the pool again. She's trying to grow up too fast.

Kat, How scary. I worry everytime Hubby takes the Harley out. Like you, I do alot of praying each time he does. Thank goodness Rick had is guardian angel with him on that ride.

Everyone have a great day.

Kat - How incredible is it that Rick is still among us? I am a firm believer in angels -- and he's got a GOOD one!! How's he feeling today?

Suzie - you sound tired. How are things going with your sister and nephew?

Kids are sleeping now and in a bit we're going to head out to do some whitewater rafting down the Colorado River! Hannah and I have been before (on a previous CO trip) but Evan and Mallory have not -- so this will be great fun.

Since I had that unfill right before we left, my eating has been horrible!! It's nice to be able to eat without issue, REAL nice, but I need to make much better choices! We're joining the gym next week so I'm hoping to get back on track with a vengeance -- my clothes are getting snug and that is totally unacceptable!

Happy Friday everyone!

Good morning friends~

It was so nice hearing from Pamela. Sounds like heaven.

Jane-nope-no koozie, yet :(

Kat-omg, Rick has a guardian that is on his/her toes. That is such a miracle! Wow, is all I can say!

Suzie-have a good workout at the gym! We are headed there tooin about an hour.

Terry-have you and dd started going to the gym together yet?

Michelle-love the pics! you look great!

Jenn-how are ya? Love ya sista! :frown:

Laura-wooohooo, Carson is a all night sleeper now! That is fantastic! Good for you sista!

Judy-I am so glad that you are able to get in your pool again! I can tell that makes you a very happy camper :tongue_smilie:

Ya know, I was looking at my calender from 2007 and 2008 because I wanted to look to what the average weight loss per month was after surgery. I was surprised to see that it was like 8-9 pounds per month the first few months BUT after that it was like 6-7 per month after that. I dont know why I was surprised, just was. Pleasantly surprised to see that I am not really losing at THAT much of a slower pace this time. I guess it just seems like it is taking longer :)

When I was at the gym yesterday on the treadmill, I injured my middle toe. I could feel like it was rubbing the end of my show and know it feels bruised. You would think my shoes are too small but they aren't. It will probably hurt today when I am at the gym but I will just have to walk thru the pain.

I didn't sleep well last night. Macy is going to sleep later and waking up later Sounds like a blessing, right? Wrong, not when I am used to going to sleep by 10. You know, moms can't go to sleep unless the kids are asleep. I could not fall asleep until about 1 (even though macy was asleep) It was not a peaceful sleep, and I woke up at 7. :Yawn:

Haydee-does Juan not want to get married at his moms place? (sorry if you posted about it but I didnt see it)

Oh, if I did not post a personal to one of you...it wasn't meant to be on purpose, my mind is scrambled this morning!

Oh well, so much for the rambling.

Have a great day violets! Respect the pouch!

We're joining the gym next week so I'm hoping to get back on track with a vengeance -- my clothes are getting snug and that is totally unacceptable!

Happy Friday everyone!

Guess that answered my question from my last post! lol We were posting at the same time! :tongue_smilie:

Good morning.

I want to go back to bed.

I slept bad last night and then woke up crabby!

Tracy, I emailed the lady with the koozies and put her on alert that I might need a duplicate, she said no problem. How long do you think I should give it? Do you get other forwarded mail? How long is that taking?

Alright I am going to hop in the shower and hope that helps my mood!!

A friend sent me this link & it's too cute! Amazing what they can do w/graphics programs these days!

I can just picture Carson being one of these dudes!