Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Thanks Jane.

Busy day ahead of me. Getting my house cleaned this morning. I guess I should say, I'm cleaning my house this morning. Than I am meeting a bunch of girls for lunch at Appleby's. And than I have to work tonight.

Terri, I know you are on vacation. I'm just wondering how things are going with the family. My nephew is on his 3rd day of going to his support group meetings. That was one of the stipulations of him staying here. He has to attend a meeting everyday. They actually told him he needs to do 90 meetings in 90 days. Long road ahead of us, not to mention dealing with my sister. She's walking a real thin line with me right now. Real thin.

OK, back to the real life for me. I still have my struggles. It just sucks that I have to realize that I have to diet the rest of my life. I know I can stray a little but not go off the deepend. But I know that I will always have to watch what I eat.

So starting today. here is my reminder.................................

It's CTCD.

Make it a good one. :)

Suzie - I leave tomorrow for CO. Has he ever been in treatment? If not, I'd suggest finding a center for him if at all possible, or at the very least an "intensive outpatient" program. 90 meetings in 90 days is good, but eventually he needs a sponsor and should be actively working the steps to maximize his chance of success.

Here's a link to Narcotics Anonymous pamphlets you can print out: Recovery Literature in English (US)

As a family member there is only so much you can do. Your job is to set up boundaries (rules) and consequences and enforce them -- not an easy job. His recovery is his job and he has to want it more than anything. Hopefully his attendance at meetings will inspire him to want "what they have" which is SERENITY. A sponsor will help him in a way nobody else can and that's why they are so very important.

Your best source for help, support and information is your local chapter of AA or NA. If he is a narcotics addict (rather than alcohol), NA is a much better choice for him. The NA office in Kansas City is 800.561.2250 -- call them and speak to someone about support for yourself and your husband. They will help you to help him. I promise.

Suzie - I know you don't have a lot of time on your hands, but this is very very good information you should have that will help you understand the physiology of addiction :

HBO: Addiction: Understanding Addiction: What Is Addiction?

Read all you can on that website.

He did his rehab about 3 months ago but when he got out he thought he could go it alone. So he never went to any meetings or followed up. So now he is paying for that mistake. Right now he is weighing his options for a sponsor. He has met one guy that he feels a connection with. He's gonna see how it goes. Believe me, I have my rules for him living here and he knows what they are and the first step over them and he is out. It's a long and sad story about the rest of his family and I don't want to tell it in this room. A real big shock to him was his girlfriend giving her ring back to him, it was a real shock and eye opener to him. So I'm hoping that this will be one good reason for him to stay straight. He's so afraid of losing her. She actually is the best thing that could happen to him but he learned that he's not to be hiding anything from her again.

Thanks for the links, I definately will be reading them.

Have a safe trip and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

morning

Thanks Laura and Suzie

I feel pretty good on this and it has only been a week, so it works for quitting smoking, and you wont gain weight on it, i highly recommend..LOL

with everything going on, I am happy to be -14 in 2 weeks, i lost the first 4 on high Protein and the rest on the meds.

so i'm back to where i was to start over, I have a dr appt this month so at least I won't be up a ton. I don't think i'm going to get a fill or unfil, i think i'm just going to tell him about the lexapro and weight gain and all my issues with eating because of stress and schedule another appointment in 3 months.

sorry, thinking outloud

Terry- i hope you are having a great time

Tracyk- how are things going with the dsd? things calming down

I am off to paint, have my memorial service this weekend here

Good morning, Violets.

Another balmy day in Northern Michigan. It's 52 degrees and I'm digging out my long sleeved shirts and cords. It's only supposed to get into the 60's today and tomorrow. Sure has been a chilly summer. No pool time in two weeks except for Laura's parent's pool. That was really awesome.

Nothing on the agenda today except Ethan at 2:30 and a rehearsal this evening. I'm nursing a cold and hope my voice will last through rehearsal and a couple of singing gigs tomorrow.

Suzie.. I'm SO proud of you!! You are really being a great bandster. You're showing what can happen when you follow all the rules.

Off to make my tuna/soy nuts/oranges Breakfast. Everyone have a great day!

Any idea when PamELa gets back??? I miss her!!

Good morning violets!

I think Pamela comes back on the 12th...or somewhere very close to that.

Suzie-I am so proud of you that I can hardly see straight! You go so many emotional, stressful issues and you are kicking as* and taking names in the weightloss dept. WAY TO GO SISTA!!! Since Pamela isn't here, I will do the honors.... :):Banane20:

Jenn-dsd is doing well. I am so glad she can see that it is just a guilt trip and move on. She will have a hard time this weekend, lots of emotion I am sure, but I hope she makes it through OK. I would tell you the whole story but I never know who is reading this so I will just keep it to myself, BUT, keep your fingers crossed for us!

Everyone have a fantastic day.

Tracy

what ever you have going on this weekend, I will keep you all in my thoughts.

just got done putting primer on the new ceiling i did, i have not an ounce of upper body strength, my arm is killing me from overhead painting! taking a quick relax break and then going to put some while paint on the walls, a friend of mine taught me this trick of putting paint on the walls and taping off and it gives the apperance of molding without the expense, I did the same in the kitchen and love it, so we are doing all the rooms like that.

well have fun, i'll check in later, and will post pics tomorrow when it is all done, you will not even know it is the same bathroom

Hi girls!

Suzie! You did such a good job! You're awesome!

Terry - have an awesome time tomorrow! Did you get all your laundry done finally? I've got tons to do at my house and the cleaning people are coming tomorrow so I gotta everything picked up!

Okay, I've been looking at some dresses and so far I've found two that I like and that hide my bat wings.

Opinions?

post-216278-13813138547228_thumb.jpg

post-216278-13813138547495_thumb.gif

I don't know why the second one didn't upload. I wonder if I can copy/paste:

trans.gif

okay boo. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong! I'll email it to judy so she can get it up for me, LOL...

Haydee, That dress is gorgeous and you would look awesome in it. No, I mean stunning.