Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Heather is busy with her bebe and I know Terry was busy with work because she leaves again in a few days for somewhere! I think Colorado? I could be mistaken.

Getting ready to get out of here. Everyone have a great 4th! BYE!

oooohhhhh, Colorado, now there is a place I wanna go!

Suzanne? Did you post and I miss it?

Tracy....come to me!! LOL Come see me in NM---where I am literally minutes from the Colorado border, and I will take you to CO!!!

Work was better today. Oh wait! That's cuz I work alone on Thurs.!!! Oh well, part of a day tomorrow, and then a weekend. Maybe I will cool off by then.

I think Terry is going to Steamboat Springs. Cool place, they have the biggest, steepest ski jump you can imagine in the winter!!! They actually hold world class ski competitions there. Bridgestone-the tire people-have a winter driving school there, in the winter months. They have acres they flood and freeze into roadways and obstacles. Then they teach classes in everything from small vehicles to semis. My DH said it was so much fun! He has drove in winter conditions forever, but he said it was amazing the things he learned. Work pays for it, I never got to go....tis not cheap I figure!

Well gotta go finish dinner. BBL

Here I am! Yep, I've been swamped at work. I was gone for 3 days, then I come back and my partner is gone....so I have to catch up on my work PLUS do hers....and I leave again next wednesday! In between all that I've been talking to attorneys and counselors and doing laundry. Negotiations with the ex are going smoothly (pretty much) and it won't cost me an arm and a leg for the attorney...just an arm.

I've had trouble with my band, too....haven't been able to eat solids since I got back except for tonight's dinner (filet mignon). I was even having trouble getting broccoli cheese Soup down! I am going for an unfill tomorrow though since I'm getting back on the plane on Wednesday. So yeah, flying definitely does something to the band!!

Jane -- you need to kick somebody's ass, girlfriend. I'd be some kind of pissed if that happened to me!! Don't you have a place in town where you can pick up the part?

Haydee - what are the venues you're looking at this weekend?

Hannah and I are heading out to the hill country tomorrow to go pick up Evan... I'm so excited to have him home!! I can't wait to see Hero's reaction when he walks in the door!!

Carson has his first cold. Just when we had him sleeping good and bragging about it lol. He's been up all night upset about his nose.. poor guy. I went and bought Little Noses, I called the doc and asked if there's anything I can do.. he said just use saline and the aspirator. Russ had him since we got off work, I was so exhausted, I slept from 6-9.. then at 9 Russ was goin crazy, changes crying Carson next to me on the bed; I guess a HINT HINT get up and help me lol. So I got up, aspirated his nose a little (they haaaaate that) and as soon as I put a bottle in his mouth he just went limp and passed out. Just needed momma's touch. So he's been asleep ever since.

Also went and bought the stuff for sopapilla (sp).. that's going to be my contribution for the July 4th cookout!

Oh & Judy I fed-exed the Colic Calm to you today for Kris. Like I said, it won't hurt to try and they love it.. it's like candy. That being said, it is PITCH BLACK like ink, so keep lots of paper towels or something you don't like around to catch any run-off. My only qualm about the stuff. I just have a onesie he spit it up on originally and use that as a rag (it does stain.)

We went through one bottle, and I bought 3 more bottles.. by time they got here, we didn't need it anymore. I have 2 bottles left over, if she decides she likes it, let me know (it's not cheap, so I hate having to just throw them out).

It says it cures hiccups too, though I never went through the trouble of the black mess just for hiccups.

Woke up at 5am to go potty and got back into bed and my mind started racing. No sense in laying there and getting mad. So I'm up and actually have about an hour to myself before my chaotic life starts for the day again.

Major sister problems going on here and both of them have me running ragged. Between the ER and Doctor appointments and all the other stuff they require, it's a wonder I even have time to kiss the hubby along the way. And than on top of all that my 5 year old cousin is in ICU at Children's Mercy. Good news is she made it thru her surgery yesterday and the Doc's are pleased and said after staying for probably 2 weeks she should be able to go home. So looks like I'll be making a few trips down there also.

I have actually managed to make it into the pool twice this week for about 30 minutes each time.

Forgive me for not beng able to go thru pages of post to get caught up on everything. I just hope all is fine with everyone. Maybe sometime next week I can sit back and read everything.

Well, off to go take my shower and head over to my sister.

If I don't get back on here for awhile, I just want to wish everyone a very Happy and safe 4th of July. If anyone is traveling, please be safe and enjoy your time.

Chat at you soon.

Good morning everyone~

Suzanne-i am so glad that your little cousin came thru the surgery well! I can not imagine a tiny child having to have surgery. So heart wrenching! My prayers are with her and your sister!

Laura-I hope Carson gets rid of his cold quickly. Sure makes for long nites for mommie & daddy!

Terry-i'll bet you are so happy to go get Evan to bring him home! Was your partner at work sick or somethin'?

Kat-you are doing so well losing the weiht you've gained! May be slower going this time but it is coming off and that is the important thing, or at least that is what I tell myself! lol

Haydee-do you ever watch the wedding shows on the WE channel? I can not get over how much money some people spend! BUT, I guess if I had it to blow, I might do it too...especially on such a special day! :o

Jane-I agree with Terry...I would be livid with the whe situation. Now what? :)

Jenn-what do you have planned this weekend?

As for me, dsd is all moved in. We went and got the rest of her stuff yesterday. Of course there is the 'other side' that deems it necessary to make her feel guilty about moving over here and I just wanna go over there and slap-the-crap out of them. Little do 'they' know that if that continues, all they are doing is keeping her from wanting to go over there to even VISIT much less live. Oh well, I am sure that time will heal this. At least that is what I am hoping.

Nothing really special for the 4th. Gonna find a fireworks display to watch but that is about it. DH starts nights tonight.

I will ttyl....respect the pouch! :)

Morning gals

Laura - get rest when you can so you don't get sick. I alway seem to crash and get what ever is going around after i know everyone is well.

Terry - have fun on your trip, my dd out of no where said she wanted to go to CO.... i don't have a clue where that came from, so post some pics so i can show her?

Tracy - how old is dsd? Karma .... that is all i can say, not really knowing the situation, but i think you are right, they will do themselves in with her so I hope things settle down for your sake, I can't see you keeping quiet forever either... LOL... jk... or am I?

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, my back is killing me, and dd didn't take the trash out last night so before my coffee i heard them coming and had to run out and get it all together... BEFORE MY COFFEE... not good, i nicely advised her that it should go out on Thursday night during the summer and it is not really an option at this point.

After I tile the bathroom wall, i'm going to get ready and we are going to the DefLeppard, Poison, Cheap Trick concert tonight. I have to get up tomorrow morning and finish the border tiles on the wall in the bathroom. I'm starting to freak out about how much I have to do before the "memorial service" that is here next Saturday, and my mother has Tuesday and Friday to Paint. I have 2 parties to go to tomorrow, they both start at the same time, but 1 goes into the night so that is ok, the first one is dry, the second... well, the kids will be going home early, and it is at the end of the street so they will not be far.

Sunday I have to work my butt off to get things done around here, my final day to finish repairing little holes and make sure they are good to go for the final paint and carpet cleaning on Friday....

I need to Breathe

Well, off I go, so much to do, so little time

Good morning.

I talked to the guy yesterday and he is coming to work personally to give me the right thing. I told him I had one day off before I went back to work and that was spent waiting for ups. He gave me all kinds of excuses, and I kept saying I didn't want to hear them I just wanted it right.

Suzie, I hope all goes okay for you in the next few days!!!

Got to get to work, have a great day I think most people have today off as a holiday?

Yeah, jane -- today is my 4th of July holiday. Glad you're getting the part you need FINALLY. Sheesh!!

Tracy - I've been in the mom's shoes before and it is really, really hard to hide the hurt. :smile2: Tell your dsd that she doesn't mean it and things will be much better in a couple of weeks or so-- that you just give her some room to 'grieve'. I told my kids that it's not their fault at all!! It's the consequences of the adults' divorce and one of the adults will always be sad -- it's the adults' fault and we know it -- NOT hers!!!

Jenn, I could post all the pictures in the world, but they in NO WAY do it justice. The beauty of the landscapes is in their sheer magnitude and as far as you can see in any direction...none of which can be captured on film. It just has to be experienced directly to be appreciated.

I just got back from my unfill -- the tech said that air travel most definitely jacks with the band in about 1/3 of patients. She even gave me one of their special needles to take with me next week to Colorado in case I need to go to an ER to get a complete unfill!! I had 2.4 in the band and she took out half. She also said it helps to drink liquid diet day of take-off and then once you land it's ok to eat a regular diet. Hmmmm. So the good news is that I can eat again. The bad news is that I can eat again. :eek:

Well, off to do some laundry.... the fun never ends.

Hey Jen, Def Leppard was my first concert ever when I was 8! I still love their music.

And Cheap Trick, we just finished doing their stuff for this upcoming concert. Thought it was last weekend, must be this weekend!

Have fun!!!

Tracy - how old is dsd? Karma .... that is all i can say, not really knowing the situation, but i think you are right, they will do themselves in with her so I hope things settle down for your sake, I can't see you keeping quiet forever either... LOL... jk... or am I?

Awww hell Jenn, it sounds like you remember me quite well! LOL You are right too! Just a matter of time. :smile2: She is turning 15 this month.

Tracy - I've been in the mom's shoes before and it is really, really hard to hide the hurt. :eek: Tell your dsd that she doesn't mean it and things will be much better in a couple of weeks or so-- that you just give her some room to 'grieve'. I told my kids that it's not their fault at all!! It's the consequences of the adults' divorce and one of the adults will always be sad -- it's the adults' fault and we know it -- NOT hers!!!

Well, Terry, lemme tell ya...if we were dealing with just that, it would be tolerable BUT it is the whole group (mom, stepdad, grandma, grandpa, aunts & uncles) going out of their way to go overboard to purposely make her feel like shit that I have a problem with. I have comforted dsd and told her that it is to be expected that her mom be sad but it gets hard to explain when it goes beyond that....and even she has noticed that it is all a big guilt trip and now she is turning angry....with them. DH and I are just staying positive, talking to her and letting her vent to us and reassuring her that it will all be better with a little time. :blink: