Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

I voted Laura -

he is so stinkin cute

I voted Laura -

he is so stinkin cute

I did too...I even put the site on my favs so I can vote again tomorrow :thumbup:

Thank you guys!

Jane if you don't use Facebook, I also keep his website updated with pics: Carson's First Website!

So today had some good things happen (about time). Got the bill from the hospital for the fluro, they processed it for $450 with BCBS (which denied it of course), but the bill that came today is only $250. YAY, so they cut me slack for being self-pay. That helps some.

Got out to do the weeding since the home owner's association sent us a letter.. the flower bed was very overrun since I didn't work on it at all while pregnant. I asked my friend Brandy & her gf to come help me.. her gf watched Carson and Brandy & I got to work. She was QUICK. Her parents own a landscape business so I guess she picked some of it up lol. She did such a great job, while I was panting and dragging trying to keep up. Then we pulled up boxwoods (boring) and planted purple bushes and purple flowers! Then laid down cedar mulch, and then she went and got her edger (wow)-- we haven't edged since we moved in--and blower. She actually edged the whole property and blew the crap out onto the street. It looks so fantastic. Trying to think of a way to thank her; I bought them lunch when I thought it was just going to be them babysitting and helping me pull weeds.. when it turned into an all day thing, I feel I need to do something more for her. Now I feel really bad for not offering to help her paint her house when they bought it last year (I totally coulda done that). Any suggestions? :thumbup:

Carson is at mom's for the night, I downloaded a movie from Amazon (Made), going to order a sub from dominos and curl up in bed. Russ comes home tomorrow night.

Laura

That is really nice, I'm sure you will think of something, what does she like to do? a gift cert, take her out ?

I had a very bad kev day, but as much as it hurts, we are going to have a huge fight if he has the balls to answer me and I'm filing the court papers that I should have done months ago and was putting off because I wasn't ready to deal. I am ready now. This is from his vanishing last week, and I can't take the compulsive lies anymore. I/we deserve so much more and I don't want to be alone the rest of my life.

It hurts really bad but right now I can't cry anymore, I am so angry. I am going to take a sleeping pill tonight because I don't want to be up all night thinking, I need to rest, plus, when he decides to get into it with me in the middle of the night, i want to ignore it.

thanks for letting me rant. I guess you are cheering that after all the time i have known you guys I am finally at this point.

not going to be easy but happening

Make it another girls day, and go get pedi's your treat, and do lunch again, just make this day fun and no work!

Yard sounds like it would be pretty. We put in some mums in the front flower beds---not really ready to do the fall flowers, but they look nice! Then we whacked down all the fronds from the lilies and iris in the front yard and it looked sooooo nekkid without them, that we went and got some old classic bushel baskets, that his Dad used to sell apples out of, and we lined them with a size down in cheapo planter pots, and put fall flowers in them, and set them against the front of the house, Looks nice. As fall approaches, I plan to add couple of scarecrows, and maybe toss a bale or 2 of hay up against it. We take the bales and break them up on the hill property when we finish with them, and the wild animals make quick work of either eating it, or using it for bedding material.

The bales make great places to sit pumpkins.

I made an offhand comment to my Dad, today, centering around my recent issue with noise. I hear EVERYTHING and it keeps me awake, and annoys the crap out of me. So I said the stupid squeak of the AC was enough to keep me from using it. Because I am SOOOO edgy with noise for some reason. Anyway, Rick got in a MAJOR huff over it, and took off out of the house and up on the roof, and greased the AC---and later admitted to being totally pissed at me for embarassing him in front of my Dad, making it sound like he never did anything.

I never meant it in ANY way like that, I was talking about ME! MY issue with noise. But he took it different, so, now we are at this impasse. I feel like he is mad at me for something he took the wrong way, and I want him to be as concerned as I am over my noise issues. He has the TV blaring all the time, and music in the car blaring, and even small quiet noises are hurting my ears and making me pissy, let alone his blaring crap all the time.

But he is ignoring that, and focussing on the fact I said it in front of my Dad and made him look lazy. Well yeah I said it in front of my Dad, I was talking to him......about ME! aaarrrgggghhhh

I'm thinking I might have gone a little overboard with baby clothes! LOL I took a large wicker laundry basket, and lined it with receiving blankets, and it is FILLED with sleepers, and onesies, and outfits, socks, a couple of little jackets for Fall....some of the cutest little denim bib overalls!!! Oh and one of the Eddie Bauer cart covers, it fits over the shopping cart, and even has a harness, to keep the baby upright, and in the cart. A couple of little toys....We also bought a big box of diapers and a couple of 3 pack refill packs of wipies, and 4 bundles of baby hangars.

She said the only thing she really needed for him was one of the little vibrating seats, and her Mom/Grandma was getting it for her, since she bought one for her sisters little girl a few months ago. Well Mom/Grandma showed up with the pink one she bought the sister, and said the baby won't care what color it is! Which is all true....but they give her strict orders to be careful with it, that the other sister is now expecting (she is 16-17 y.o.) So I planned to buy her one, as the one I have here is big....and actually turns into a toddler rocking chair. But when talking about it to Abbey, she said she has the little one like Ali wants, so she will let her have it, and she will take the big one! I told her she had a deal, only thing was it was NOT to come back to my house! I am doing my best to eliminate not collect!!!

I found some cute babyshower things in blue----Hope it all goes well, and she enjoys herself. She wants SO badly for the families to all be one big happy bunch! She craves the family thing. So I am gonna try.....

Well Rick is snoozing in his chair, guess he chose to ignore me long enough to go to sleep, I think I might just leave his butt there!!! LOL--we all know I won't, but it IS tempting!

I AM going to leave him there, while I go soak in a bubble bath......see y'all tomorrow.

good morning everyone

another day for me, raining again. Hope you all have a good day

Morning Girls.

We got home around midnight and went straight to bed. It was a long day.We had a blast, just the two of us. It was nice for a change. Anyway, the concert started at 7:30 and was over with at 10:30. It was so much fun. We had a group of good people around us.

As I was walking around the Fair grounds one thing kept coming to my mind. I'm so glad I'm not the sideshow attraction anymore. One more reason to love my band.

Now, hopefully for some swim time today, if the pool will heat up enough.

Good morning, Violets..

We got home at midnight last night from the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony. The music was just awesome. They had a choral group singing and a marimba for special pieces. The sister of one of the grooms performed the ceremony. Members of the grooms families spoke and we all sang a couple of hymns during the service. It really was special. It was so neat to see both sets of parents happy and supportive. The only disappointing thing was that our cousin JoEllen, mother of one of the grooms, quit her choir directorship after 30 years because of the refusal of her church to participate in or accept the "marriage". They were refused use of the church and their minister refused to participate. Another member of the family is a retired Methodist minister and was not allowed to participate.

Granted I don't understand homosexuality completely, but I DO understand love and these two gentlemen were obviously in love. They were "married" and just who did it hurt???? Denying people their basic human rights is totally beyond my understanding.

The reception was a hoot. Our cousin JoEllen, has a big barn and it was all lit up with tiny white lights with a stage at one end. (it hadn't had any animals in it for years, so it was very clean and not stinky! lol) The band was great, dancing was great.. Grady and I danced to several numbers and all in all it was just a great time. Too bad the cloud of disappointment in the people of their church hung over it.

We are not going to church today because we got home so late and just don't feel like going in today. Tomorrow is the big church meeting to see where we go from here. At least I am proud of our church for it's progressive thinking. "No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you're welcome here".

Ok.. off my soapbox for today. Going to find some Breakfast and then continue chillaxing today!

Everyone make it a good one!!

Judy

sounds like you had a nice time, and I agree, love is love is love...and nothing can change that.

Suzie - glad you had a great time

well, off to shower, going to bring dd to her boyfriends house have to pick her up about 5 and then going to a concert in the park, my former boss is playing there and when I can i try to get out to see him.

distractions.....