Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Yeah I'm debating if I want to swap to a sleeve. Don't want to jump the gun, but it's in my mind right now.

That would probably be my choice too. I am very leery about getting a second band that could get another leak. And I am just not keen on the malabsorption issues with RNY.

I'm just really scared to wait too long.....It's been a long six months and I've gained 20 pounds. But the question is how to pay for it.

Good morning ladies~

Wow, so much sadness...so many different things going on in our lives! I made a hard decision yesterday and went and got an unfill. Long story short version...my head isnt in the game...I can not eat anything other than liquids due to stress so I have been eating ice cream...literally ice cream all day every day for the past week. So, I made that very difficult decision and was glad I did. The nurse told me that it happens more than I could know. She made me feel 100% better and said WE would fix it :( It is just what I needed.

Much love going out to all the violets....I love you ladies!!

Well whatever I decide on, the cost of a surgery is not in my cards any time soon.

No Kat, my insurance hasn't changed.. I've already tried to convince them to change the policy to cover, but no go.. which is funny considering the premiums we pay ($800 a month for family!!).

And just to add while I'm hating my insurance, they declined the Nutramigen formula, even though my policy covers that. Gotta love it. They decided it wasn't a medical necessity because he wasn't hospitalized for it.

I'm actually still trying different formulas, did Gentlease at doc's suggestion for a couple weeks which is suppose to be for gas, but it's not helping.. started introducing Prosobee with it today, to transition over, heard good things about it. Keep going till I find something that sits well with him.

Coworkers daughter has been on ESPN and news all over lately, she is dating a football player at Alabama, remember I told ya how hardcore people are about their football here.. anyway, they got in a domestic dispute and both got arrested, they threatened to suspend him so it's huge news, since season is about to start. Meanwhile her mom (coworker) is going through hell, she was going to try to hide it, but when it made ESPN and her mugshot was going up everywhere.. well..

I told her just be glad she only has 1 hah hah.

Also found out a friend of mine's 22 month old was just diagnosed with Autism. :/

Hi gals

just a check in, so much going on with all our violets.

Terry - Not the same situation at all, but I know how you feel, that is pretty much where I was last year when i was not around much, so heart sick I was making myself ill and didn't want to get up most days.

We seem to be an emotional bunch today. Which I find odd, since on my way home today I was thinking VERY similar things!

I was thinking to myself how very much you have all added to my life, and how these quick fly by posts in the morning do not do justice to the things each of my friends is facing in their lives right now. I was feeling bad, because I used to be able to keep up, when I didn't work, and could send an occasional card to help cheer someone, and now I am lucky to get my bills paid, and mailed! I am not as organized as I should be!

BUT.....even tho I do not say it often, you are all on my mind more than you can imagine, and I care about you all dearly. Something will be said, and one of you will pop in my head. Remembering you and yours in my prayers is second nature, it is automatic---you are all IN my heart to stay!

I hope things improve for all that my friends are going through. Kid problems, family issues, band problems, church unrest.....all of it...I hope it all eases, and eases your worries and hearts SOON!

I am off now for the weekend, and so glad! Although today was a good day at work. The one woman I work with has authority issues, the BIG ME kind~ she wants to make sure when patients are around that they know she is my boss....so she bosses me. Any other time, just the 2 of us, or those of us who work together, she is fine, and very likable, but she has to assert her authority in front of people. And half of what she tries to "call" me on, are HER mistakes! She has been doing this for over a decade----I am only a few months in, so yes I do still have a lot to learn, and make mistakes, so show me! It is not a BIG thing, just irritating. However today I was working along, doing my paperwork, prepping files, etc, and realized I was totally enjoying it, it fits me. If she would lay off the big me/little you thing, I would be extremely happy. Oh yeah, more money and closer to home would help too!!!

Last night Rick bought a bag of COCONUT M&M's.....omg, I have managed to avoid them so far, but......well you know I am gonna try them, wish he would have rethought buying them!

He is so funny. I called him and told him I was hitting Sonic for Happy Hour, and ask did he want a Diet Coke. He says yeah, and to bring Chris (one of his employees who was there) one too. So I ask if anyone else was there, and he said, no only the other crew. So before I could park, he called, and give me 2 more drinks to get, he could not go without buying for the other 2 guys even tho they don't work for him! He surprised them, no one treats them like that they said!! He tries to be hard nosed and cannot do it!

Gotta go move the Water on the garden....will check in with all of you later!!

Good morning, Violets..

Off to a wedding today. Ethan was here all day yesterday and we were able to get in the pool in the afternoon even with rain storms all around us. It was sunshine in our little corner of the world long enough for us to enjoy some fimming time. After we came in and got changed he snuggled up on my lap and fell asleep. I love that feeling.

Everyone have a good day today. No matter what, we're all in this together and I'm not just talking about the weight loss journey.

Be good to yourselves. See you tomorrow.

Enjoy the wedding, Judy... fimming & snuggling sounds like the perfect day!

Another busy day... riding & the first soccer scrimmage, then the boys are going to a DC United v. LA Galaxay (Beckham!) game & I'm actually going to a party... a real, honest-to-goodness adult end-of-summer party! I never do that! So it'll be fun!

Smooches!

Sounds like fun Michelle!! I get to go to work!! I know, I know everyone is jealous that I get to work while everybody else goes to a wedding or swim party........

Everyone try to have a good day!!

Well, Janie -- while you're sleeping in on MONDAY, I'll be reporting for work at 7:00AM and packing more boxes!

Heard from Evan last night and he sounded good. He had already earned some money doing some temp work and is going to update/revamp the website for the business. So far, so good.

TracyK - I've enjoyed my time being restriction-free, but I have gained weight! I'm going for a fill in early Sept., but going for *moderate* restriction to see if I can find a sweeter spot than this one!

Laura - how's your latest fill treating you?

Morning gals

Kat, you said what I was thinking yesterday. Not that I know what end is up, you all have helped me so much just to stay strong, and I'm sorry you are all dealing with stuff.

Well, looks like Bill is heading in my direction, rain for days. How am I going to exercise?

Morning Girls.

Another absolutely beautiful day here again today and I'm really glad. We are headed to the State Fair in a couple of hours. It's only supposed to get up to 79 degrees so that will make it a real nice time for us. And yes, I'm going to share a funnel cake with hubby.

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. It seems like there is a lot of struggling going on and I'm praying that God will show the way and make it a smooth path for all.

Hugs to all.

Good morning ladies~

Monday school starts :thumbup: That is going to be MY start date too. Now that I can eat healthy food again I am out of excuses. I will drop the kids off at school then go to the gym. When I went to the dr the other day I had gained 46 pounds from the last time I was there. But that is OK. I am still a non-smoker (go me). They say people gain 20-40 pounds after quitting, and I have always been an over achiever, lol...so...A Plus is that all the birthdays are over for a while so there will be no b-day cake in the house anymore.

Terry-glad to hear that things are going somewhat better for you! I am going to be very careful with this unfill. I was gaining weight WITH a fill so I know what kind of damage I could do without restriction.

I hope all of you ladies have a fantastic day & weekend.

Valley Baby of the Month

Go vote for Carson please :thumbup: The lady we have booked for his 6m and 1y pics, gives out gift certs to the winner, and that would be awesome hehe. You don't have to sign up or login or anything to vote.

Terry - glad things sound like they are moving forward and things are looking up

Tracy - go you with your great attitude. I am mentally there but I need to stop drinking. We had a week long birthday celebration for my friend and I didn't lose or gain an ounce. I'm dry again today and am not going out again for a while. My kids don't go back to school until 9/10! but when they do I am back at the Y too, right after they get on the bus 3 days a week and I'm walking outside until i possibly can't walk anymore, hope to make it until Thanksgiving. 19 stupid lbs and I hit the goal I set 2 years ago, I can do it, We can do it!

allergies are a mess today and I feel like I'm going to throw up, just enough post nasal stuff that is is making my stomach turn.

Hope you all have a good day, I'm going to clean and have a lazy day, going to watch the Hanna Montana movie with the girls tonight