Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Not sure what exactly yet, they put the needle in- I had 3.25cc... drewback 0. So he filled it with 4cc, and immediately only drew back 1cc. He thinks there's a leak. Now, at MY request I had the fluro at $400 a month ago, and some reason they didn't do contrast. WTF. That is where I am most mad, we can't afford all this crap right now, and now they need me to do ANOTHER study at the tune of another $400. If there is a leak, and I imagine there is after their experimenting, it's another surgery; which I can't afford right now..and I really don't want another surgery :blink:

So just mad and sad and all those emotions.

I am weighing my options, I know Carson kicked my port and tore it out of one side so it's tilted, maybe he kicked the tubing too and detached it.. so this mean I'll need ANOTHER surgery after baby #2???

ARGH.

The manufacturer pays for it if the leak is their fault, like faulty-ness. I don't think detaching is their fault? Doc brought it up (acted all upset at the makers for me having a leak).

But I don't know when I can afford to do the contrast, with economy and customers not paying, my commission checks have been 1/3 what they were and I've been struggling to pay bills; we just got a check after re-financing the house from our old escrow for 1k, and it was a godsend, we sooo needed that money. Now I just gotta throw away half of it on another study when they should have done it? Not to mention it's 6 hours of driving for the day when I have to go down there, I just got back, I don't want to go back right now. blah blah blah.

The doc says he won't charge me for the study-- he didn't charge me for the fluro (for his time), but the HOSPITAL charges a lot, and he can't get that waived. He said he's going to try to call in a favor with a friend somewhere to get it for me really cheap or free, so I said well you look into that, and call my local hospital and get a cost.. if it's not much difference, I'd rather do it here.. not have to worry about what to do with Carson, the long drive, etc.

I want a new doc at this point, but I don't know that docs will take a complication in the middle of it.. plus, my doc on my last revision didn't charge me for him, but again I had to pay $3k to the hospital. So if I had to do it again, it would be at least $3k to the hospital (2 years ago, probably more now!!), and free for my doc.. not sure what a new doc would cost without that fee waived. Although my doc didn't say he'd waive his fee, so who knows.

Edited by FairyFacade

Not sure what exactly yet, they put the needle in- I had 3.25cc... drewback 0. So he filled it with 4cc, and immediately only drew back 1cc. He thinks there's a leak. Now, at MY request I had the fluro at $400 a month ago, and some reason they didn't do contrast. WTF. That is where I am most mad, we can't afford all this crap right now, and now they need me to do ANOTHER study at the tune of another $400. If there is a leak, and I imagine there is after their experimenting, it's another surgery; which I can't afford right now..and I really don't want another surgery :blink:

So just mad and sad and all those emotions.

I am weighing my options, I know Carson kicked my port and tore it out of one side so it's tilted, maybe he kicked the tubing too and detached it.. so this mean I'll need ANOTHER surgery after baby #2???

ARGH.

The manufacturer pays for it if the leak is their fault, like faulty-ness. I don't think detaching is their fault? Doc brought it up (acted all upset at the makers for me having a leak).

But I don't know when I can afford to do the contrast, with economy and customers not paying, my commission checks have been 1/3 what they were and I've been struggling to pay bills; we just got a check after re-financing the house from our old escrow for 1k, and it was a godsend, we sooo needed that money. Now I just gotta throw away half of it on another study when they should have done it? Not to mention it's 6 hours of driving for the day when I have to go down there, I just got back, I don't want to go back right now. blah blah blah.

The doc says he won't charge me for the study-- he didn't charge me for the fluro (for his time), but the HOSPITAL charges a lot, and he can't get that waived. He said he's going to try to call in a favor with a friend somewhere to get it for me really cheap or free, so I said well you look into that, and call my local hospital and get a cost.. if it's not much difference, I'd rather do it here.. not have to worry about what to do with Carson, the long drive, etc.

I want a new doc at this point, but I don't know that docs will take a complication in the middle of it.. plus, my doc on my last revision didn't charge me for him, but again I had to pay $3k to the hospital. So if I had to do it again, it would be at least $3k to the hospital (2 years ago, probably more now!!), and free for my doc.. not sure what a new doc would cost without that fee waived. Although my doc didn't say he'd waive his fee, so who knows.

Laura,

I am there with you. I had a fill to 7 ccs under floro August 3rd and they checked the band with contrast but could not see a leak. Yesterday he could only get 2 ccs.

Just found out that my insurance (switched 10/2008) does not cover anything related to weight loss anything. They paid several claims and when I called to question the one they didn't pay -- they now are going to reverse all the payments. So I am going to get to pay for all those fills and 2 flouro appointments.

My doctor is telling me that there is no manufacturer's warranty at all. I am trying to get him to try Omnipaque, but he doesn't know anything about it at all. Suggestions? I did call Realize and document a complaint about the leak -- not that I think it will do anything.

I am not working at the moment and my Premier Designs jewelry business is not doing much at the moment either. When it rains it pours!!

Tracy--You're back, and I am so glad!!!

If I had checked in earlier, I would have calley YOU! But now I am heading out the door. I made myself sit down and pay bills before logging on!!!

I am trying to get the house clean, we have a big to-do this weekend here, will tell you more later....is a grrrrrr subject for me, one that began happy and is only irritating at best now!

Gotta run. Hugs everyone!

Yeah I just called Allergan, there is no warranty.

My doc hasn't mentioned Omnipaque, so not sure where to begin with that either. Maybe I could find another doc who DOES do it, to try it.. although it took me 50 docs to find one within 2 hours of me that would take band patients from somewhere else, so what are the odds they do Omnipaque??? I think it will depend on how the leak is. If the tube disconnected from the port (which is what I am guessing right now), omnipaque wouldn't help.

Laura, I'm so sorry for all that you are going thru. What a mess. I'm wishing you luck on getting it all taken care of.

TRACYS BACK. WOOT-WOOT :blink:

Janie, cool air is coming your way. It's 75 degrees here right now and absolutely beautiful out. Just like a spring day.

Hubby and I are off to go cut grass at the church.

Edited by Suziecat

The weather here is beautiful and the report is that we won't see 90 degrees till next Tuesday. I wish I could share this with all of you. What a great day to be outside.

Speaking of being outside. Hubby and I just got back from cutting grass at the church. We'll head back there tomorrow to finish cutting. With all the rain we have gotten in the last week the grass is overgrown. Great exercise.

Not sure what to fix for dinner, might just fix me a bowl of oatmeal and fix the hubby a sandwich.

Laura -- maybe we just need to fly to Houston and have Terry take us to Dr. Spivak!!

I called Fill Centers USA and they will only use saline.

A lady from Ethicon Endo-Surgery called back this afternoon and she said that she would check to see if any of the engineers were aware of Omnipaque. I told her I'd sign up for a trial!!

I'm so upset and I'm only looking at a second surgery. I cannot imagine being in your place knowing that you have already had a revision once before!! :confused:

Yeah I'm debating if I want to swap to a sleeve. Don't want to jump the gun, but it's in my mind right now.

What are the recommendations with the sleeve and pregnancy?

For the time being, I think I would do some research on the omnipaque and take it with me, just in case it is a simple leak as opposed to a dislocation of the tubing.

Also have you checked to see if any changes were made to your insurance as to coverage??

My friend paid out of pocket for hers, but since her company has added WLS coverage, and now 80% of her fills and care are covered.....wish mine was!

Morning.

Up and getting ready to take my nephew to court. He goes before the judge today about his ticket. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we did our homework and he is all ready.

Than it's come home and change clothes and go finish cutting grass at the church. Should only take us about 4 hours. We have the weather on our side. It's only supposed to get up to 79 today. I'm one happy girl.

Everyone have a great day.

Mkae wise choices and drink your Water.< /span>

Hi everyone!

I'm alive...but barely! Sorry to have not been around but seriously, I have been emotionally FRIED. People keep telling me how "strong" I am....and I guess they think that because I'm not a blubbering bucket of tears....but on the inside I hurt more than I can ever recall hurting before. Down to the bone kind of hurt. Stress at work is at an all-time high as well because we are gearing up for a huge office move (4 floors and 150 people) ....there is so much to do!

I just don't know how anybody handles these issues without an army of support behind them. It is the most counter-intuitive thing in the world to kick your child out of the house knowing he is essentially going to be 'homeless'. We didn't let him go hungry and filled up his tank a time or two, but other than that he was on his own to figure out where to go from 'here'.

I can't even begin to tell you what it was really like for me. I hope I never have to do it again, because I don't know if I can.

Anyway - long story short - he left for a sober living house in another town yesterday. It's in the same town as his rehab center, up in the beautiful Texas hill country, and it's a great house most highly recommended by his counselors. I talked to the house manager yesterday and he sounds like one of God's angels for sure.

I can breathe again..... for now.

Now I have to get dressed and go to the office on my day off to pack more boxes. See ya'll later.

I am so glad he has those options open to him Terri, and that you had the fortitude to stand strong. I DO know how hard that is.

It was so difficult dealing with our son when he went through similar things. I understood addiction to a simple point of cigarettes, I know how hard it was to quit, and could sympathize/empathize.....but could not allow that feeling to make me cave in. And Rick was much more experimental in his younger years, and kept thinking that was all that was up, but all the meetings we attended, and all the info we got put this into a different realm than we knew anything about.

Our son did a similar thing, going to a home where he was cared for, but HAD to remain sober, he worked cutting wood they sold for several months, and we never got to see him.... HIS choice.

In the end, he showed up at our door one day, and had his new girlfriend with him, he wanted us to meet her. She is now his wife, and they have 2 sons, and while they have gone through some serious marital strife-----it has not pushed him back to using. He met her at a video store they went to to rent movies. She has never had drug issues, so it helped I am sure. She has dealt with it in her birth Mom so it is totally unacceptable to her.

I pray you have the outcome we did. I am just thrilled to know he found his way in a good direction, when push come to shove, it sounds like such a positive thing.

I wonder if there has ever been a study done, in say a prison setting---------how many convicted of drug issues are suffering with BPD?

Well I am off to work, last day this week. Then I have to work like crazy to get my house/yard ready for a party on Sunday. Oh yay.....not!

Hey Gang~

Spent yesterday packing our crapola for the camping trip. It is a lot of work to get ready to relax! We are taking a bunch of crap...probably too much. It is our first trip, so we are setting our baseline.

Oh yes...supposed to have THUNDER STORMS this weekend!!! fun fun!

I have a doc. apt at 7:45 and a hair apt at 9:45...then we leave. I'll need to pack the coolers, but then we leave!

Terry, I am happy for your good news!! I have been worried about you and hate that I have nothing to comfort you. Again, we are always here for you. Good luck w/ the move! I've moved offices before, and it is a true challenge...home you like the new "digs"!

Have a great weekend everyone!

xoxoxoox

Good Morning!!!

Yesterdat was less humid, thank Suzie for sending me your weather!!!

Glad things are getting a bit better for you Terry, you are on my mind alot and hoping things go okay!!

Michelle, how are things with you and your family? Any news on your mother in law? You too are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Okay, enough chit chat from me, I HAVE to get in shower and go to work!!!