Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Kat, Love the new little guy...and congrats to your newest family member...he is lucky to have a gramma like you! I love the name too!

Hey Everybody-

Kat = Your new baby is so precious! CONGRATULATIONS and have fun!! Pam said it: he's lucky to have such a wonderful grandma!

Jenn - CONGRATS to you, too!!! That was the boost you needed! When you set your mind to something you really are stubborn and you DO IT. I'm so happy for you!

Not a whole lot going on with me except that I didn't go to the gym all week and I ate carbs and chocolate. I've completely fallen off the wagon that I was on for one whole week. :thumbup: I really have no idea what that is about. The only thing I can correlate is that I've been feeling a bit depressed this week. Lots of thoughts running 'round my head. Trying real hard not to be down on myself because I believe thoughts are creative, just trying to 'observe w/o judgement'.

Evan may have found a job, finally. Lowe's (hardware) called him in to help take inventory and to "observe his work ethic". Interesting way to interview, but makes sense! It would be so good for him if he could get back to work again. Idle hands are the devil's workshop....and you can take that to the bank.

Ya'll have a great day...and those of you with cooler temps....COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!!!

XOXO!

Oh...meant to ask....SUZIE, are things better at your house??

Good Morning Gals

Hey Terry - what you up to today? Thanks, and I am stubborn, but unfortunately I didn't drink enough yesterday and am at 196 this am, but that is 2 days in a row so I'll take it.

That is great Evan is getting a trial period at Lowes! I'm sorry you have stuff going around in your head, I know that feeling, I can't sleep and that is all i do is think.

call me if you want to chat, I'm here, going for a walk in 30 mins but other than that just hanging out today.

Good morning, Violets..

Cutie Patootie grandson, Kat!

Jenn... congrats!!

I'm off to my support group meeting and then headed out of town. The Bobster is preaching in a church several hours away. We're leaving today and spending the night there, then headed home tomorrow after church. The hotel has a pool so you know where I'll be!

Roomie... sounds like you're having a relaxing time there. Enjoy!

Suzie.. you're chilly at 90 degrees??????? It's 58 here right now. If I didn't have the support group meeting, I'd be in the pool. Ours is 88 degrees also.

PamELa... loved the post on Facebook.. Doves, eh?? :thumbup:

Tracy, Haydee, Laura,Heather, Terry, Janie, TracyinKS.. hugs to y'all. (That's my Alabama accent).

Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves!!

holy smokes

it is a fall morning out there, so i wear a big t-shirt that was tight on me when I got in in Feb .... and my new old navy sweats which are heavier for the fall...(oh and a size Large instead of xl)... I am sweating to death.

we have a couple of 75 sunny days and monday will be back to 87 and humid

Judy-have fun this weekend :tt2:

Kat-beautiful baby boy :laugh: Love his name too.

Jenn-I am so proud of how well you are doing...I really am so happy for you. It gives me renewed hope in myself, thank you!

Jane-sorry i missed your call. Call me again when you have time.

Terry-I hear you on the falling off the wagon. Sorry for what you are going through.

Suzie-an electric blanket? I can not even wrap my head around the idea of one of those right now! lol

Guess what everyone...for about 6 hours today I am going to be without any kids!!! :lol: How cool is that? The only thing on the agenda is to go buy toilet paper :thumbup:

Monday I go to the ob/gyn for my yearly visit and I love my dr so much and the thought of his disappointment of my weight gain has me kind of down. But, he will be proud that I am still a non-smoker. I will just have to suck it up and tell him i will re-lose it.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning girls~~

Guess what? I am off to the hospital!!! I am taking my folks up to meet the baby. I was actually going to give them a little time this morning, in case everyone showed up. But got a call that DIL is a little emotional this morning, and wants to see Connor. She said she thought he looked kind of lost and confused when we all left, and she is worried about him. I imagine he was! It was a big day for all involved! So we are ready, and waiting for my folks, and off we go back to Colorado. My Mom is being slow this morning.....she is not late, as we did not set a time....but she is not ready yet either!!

Guess I will feed Connor, he has finally decided it is time! Earlier he just shook his head no at every suggestion, now he tells me he wants Peanut Butter toast! Was not even one of my offerings---so I am guessing he really does want it!! Luckily I can cover that request!!

This afternoon, we are going to a BBQ cook off. You buy a plate and utensils and then you can sample any company you wants BBQ and sides. It is usually a big success. Not sure how the economy will affect this. Most of these companies have laid off lots of workers. Ricks company is looking at a HUGE layoff. They have had all of BP's frac work, and BP is laying down their rigs.....so there went an easy 80% of Rick's companies work! Could be a tough time. My DD works for BP--but she is in a different area, not in the drilling side, in the pipeline side, but she said there is a high chance it will affect her too. Which could be disasterous for her, her lazy good for nuthin' ex is not paying any CS. He paid half of her day care, and almost got her spot taken, as his check bounced, not once but twice! So Manda is living totally on her own, not getting any help with her child, and if she gets laid off it would be bad. Her place she lives is affordable, even with unemployment----but she is going to have to be super careful.

And with Rick's future hanging again, I am going to keep working, and just deal with things the way they are!!!

Toast is finished, think I better clean him up so we are ready when my Mom finally is!!

See y'all later!!

Morning Ladies~

I am sooo freakin' proud of myself! I did 20 min on the eliptical!!!! HellfreakinYeah! It took me 25.34 min because I needed to keep stopping. But actually, some research shows that doing a stop and start cardio workout is best because it keeps the body guessing...and pushing itself. Like if you are a jogger, if every few min you stop and walk for a min., it is better for the body. Anywho...that is my justification while I am on the machine! I feel soooo proud of myself...and I feel soooo good too! At the beginning of the summer, I remember coming here and saying I did 7 min...and that my goal at the end of the summer was to be able to do 30 min. I am still working toward that goal! OK...enough about that.

Going up the mountain today to have lunch and see our campsite. And then later...I am having a drinky poo fo' sho'!

My new book is the Bag Lady Wars! I've only read ch. 1, but I HIGHLY recommend it!! It is about these old (like in their 80's) who, after being mugged in the park for all her $ which was 32 bucks, decided to kill all the "bad guys" to do something for the country so federal dollars don't have to spend $40K a year on feeding/housing criminals. That way, they get to go to prison and will be "taken care of" for the rest of their lives and don't have to worry about making ends me...HAHA...what a great concept. Anyway, I think MANY of you would get a kick out of it!

OK...quick game of scrab before the shower...have a great Sat!

xoxoxo

Me and mom got coupons from Tunica (about $600 each), and dad is playing a tournament this weekend.. so we're going for a night. They're running an hour late heh. Russell just left with Carson, he's going to his parents in TN. They are watching him one night in Sept. so he's going to help them relearn how to take care of a baby hehe. I am so nervous about him driving up there, the boondocks are such scary windy roads and everyone flies through them and it's about 40 minutes of them. Holding my mommy breath, and told Russell to call me the second he pulls into the driveway before everyone comes help him bring stuff in.

See ya'll later, have fun with the new one Kat!

Tracy - enjoy your day with no kids. I just went grocery shopping at wally world and left mine behind... it was so nice

Pamela - you go girl on the machines.... my trainer made me do 15 the first time and i almost died!

Laura - have fun.

well off to the next phase of my day, I'm exhausted, I think I have restless leg...I toss and turn all night and they just ache, I can't get comfortable - I bought a new body pillow and going to try to prop it under my knees tonight and see if that helps.

TTFN