Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Jenn - I am so sorry for everything that you're going through. I went through a dark period in my life and the thing that saved me was first putting my problems into the hands of the Lord and second giving my time and effort into those less fortunate than me. Once I started getting involved I was able to stand back and take a clear look at my life and realize that my problems were very very insignificant compared to what some people were going through. It's impossible to do that when you're in the middle of your turmoil.

What I felt at the time, and what I think you feel, is a sense of worthlessness. I had no self esteem. Giving myself to others made me feel good that I could contribute and it brought me a sense of accomplishement and self worth. You need to find that for yourself...

Also I've never ever been one to be preachy or to try to push my religion on others but if you believe in God please please put your trust in him. Get involved in your church and see if it brings you peace. I know it did for me...

Haydee - you hit the nail on the head, although I was never married, i feel like the hard end of the divorce after all these years.

But.... I do have faith, and I think that is part of what is helping me get out of bed every day, not helping with how i feel about me, but i'm not in bed so that is a bonus.

weather in Mystic CT is crapy next week, so I am going to Atlantic City, I've never been, and it is going to be a perfect week, leaving Monday and coming home Thursday. Staying right at the Tropicana for $75 a night. I am very excited about that, someplace new, for me and my friend Michelle, we both have sad ties in Mystic so this is going to be a fresh tradition for both of us... just fun and girls! no family or relationship stuff so i'm even happier about that.

well, no sunshine here today so my quiet day does not include sun.. oh well, time well spent on this adventure.

Got home from work and hubby and nephew were out doing yardwork, so I joined in. I raked all the crap on the sidewalks into a big pile for hubby to put in the yardwaste bin. Now they are both out there cutting. Hubby on the rider and nephew pushing a mower out back. Hey, that's my area. Oh well.

In a little while I'm going shopping. Need to get a shower gift for Sunday.

With all that I go thru on a daily basis dealing with a mentally handicapped sister and all the crap the kids throw my way, I highly agree that it's best to just turn it over to God. I ask him to guide me in how to deal with all of it. Hubby and I have learned to not take it so seriously and to laugh at it more. Because if I didn't, I would be walking right next to them. I'd be one step away from the looney bin door. I realize that he never gives us more than what we can handle, but please. Somedays I don't need all I can handle.

Jane, we didn't make it to Chicago. Just to much going on here. However I am planning on making it to a wedding when ever it is decided on when and where it's going to be. that is my goal now and I'm not letting either one of my sisters stop me from this one.

Have a great day.

...However I am planning on making it to a wedding when ever it is decided on when and where it's going to be. that is my goal now and I'm not letting either one of my sisters stop me from this one...

:thumbdown: i'm so happy to hear that!!

Edited by Haydee

Haydee, I don't know, it might be a secret but we are ALL gonna be there, wearing big poofy 1980's era violet colored (of course) bridesmaids dresses!!!! And Judy is gonna sing her song, then we are all gonna sing "I love my Violets....." just for YOU!!!!!!! And then! I think we are manning the margarita bar at the reception!!!

Now aren't ya glad you got us!!!!

yes please to all of the above!

these are the dresses I envision ya'll should wear. in a violet hue of course so they aren't so "loud"...

post-216278-13813138553373_thumb.jpg

Can we have matching floppy style garden hats with streamers of ribbon puuuuuuhhhlleeeeeeeeze??? Huh? Huh? Can we?????

I agree. The details draw the eye upwards and away from the lower problem areas. Hey, maybe I should wear a white version of this!

What can I say Haydee, you are the bride, I will defer to you.....and when I get home, I will add ribbons, and strut back and forth in front of the mirror!!!

Yes Jane, and with the mettalic touch to the dress, if we all stand close together----and blur our faces like this, we could look like a giant mylar weather balloon!!!!

Y'all crack me up!

Now that's just wrong. I prefer the sedateness of these dresses. (we'd have to be sedated to wear them) And Haydee, I have your wedding dress picked out too. No need to thank me now.

post-215048-13813138553628_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813138553879_thumb.jpg

judy, that one has a special cut-out just for pam's butterfly. I think she will love it...

and as far as the demure blue dresses you posted above. is the brestesses hike up surgery included in the cost of the dress?