Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Hi Girls!!

Kids are sleeping and Evan brought his laptop so I'm killing time.

So much to catch up on already!!

Haydee - I absolutely LOVE this last dress you posted!! It is stunning and I think it would be gorgeous on you!! I don't even think you'd have to add any sleeves at all. The only reservation I have is that it looks extremely heavy and after two hours in it you'd be exhausted carrying it around....but man, is it beautiful! So my 2nd choice is the lace-up back dress. BTW, I too think you should exclude Juan from any consultation on the dress!! LOL -- bad juju. Besides, you have beautiful taste all on your own and, most importantly, you'll be stunning no matter what dress you choose. I can't imagine in my wildest dreams that he would look at his bride coming down the aisle and think to himself, "EWWW!! That dress is YUCK!" He will be blown away -- I mean really, have you ever seen an UGLY wedding dress? They're all beautiful!

Kat - have things calmed down at work at all? Did they ever hire a receptionist?? We saw lots of bikers on the road yesterday and I thought of you and Rick....oh, so jealous of you two!!

Jennifer - Take it easy girlfriend! How's the Wellbutriin working for you? Good luck with your event this weekend, I'm sure it will be beautiful! What's the format for the memorial service -- who will be speaking? When I die that's kinda what I want -- just my friends getting together in a casual setting and having a GOOD time!! ...oh yeah, and saying all kinds of marvelous things about me too. LOL

Tracy - I hear yall had 105 degrees in houston yesterday! HA! na na na na na!! It's about 50 here right now. (sorry!...but I will have to come home sometime! )

Laura - Happy anniversary to you and Russell! I thought of you when I was writing the date on Tuesday. Enjoyed the pics, too -- ya'll are such a cute couple. I MISS CARSON! :thumbup:

Michelle - Happy birthday to you!!

suzie - Interesting decision you have to make!! What are the negatives/positives?

Judy - I missed it - did you ever get your pool up and running?

Janie - did you get your computer purged of the virus? That's so frustrating. I think for that reason alone I could never go back to a PC since I've had my Apple. No way.

We had a good trip in to Steamboat yesterday. We got upgraded on the rent car from an Impala to a SEQUOIA! We were so happy about that! We took the scenic route over Loveland Pass and the pic attached is taken from the top at 11,900' where we stopped to take pics. Hannah's girlfriend has never been to the mountains and she has been very fun to have along....as you can imagine she's is blown away by all of it! This is gonna be such a fun trip. Today we're just going to town and putz around town, do some shopping and eating, then this afternoon we're going to Fish Creek Falls which is real close and a short 1/4 mile hike. We can hike beyond that point if the kids want to -- it's all beautiful.

Well, I'll probably be checking in later -- ya'll have a great day!

post-213702-13813138549293_thumb.jpg

Kat-i still have 4 more to lose for this months challenge but I am way determined so I KNOW I can do it! I now have the tortoise & the hare mentality, lol. Slow & steady wins the race. :thumbup:

Morning gals

today is not one of my better days, but wanted to check in

laura, that dress is beautiful, and pics are so nice.

Happy bday Pamela

Hi Girls!!

Jennifer - Take it easy girlfriend! How's the Wellbutriin working for you? Good luck with your event this weekend, I'm sure it will be beautiful! What's the format for the memorial service -- who will be speaking? When I die that's kinda what I want -- just my friends getting together in a casual setting and having a GOOD time!! ...oh yeah, and saying all kinds of marvelous things about me too. LOL

!

Terry

the Wellbutriin must be working, today is not one of my better days - Kev and I are talking, i guess in my mind it is closure, but it is not easy, I can still cry and feel on the meds, but I can tell they are definately keeping me from going back to bed and not getting up, so i guess that is a good thing right?

We are going to the cemetary, going to put her in the ground and say goodbye and then back here for the "party". It was so sudden when she died, but i got to tell her goodbye in hospice while they were waiting for her to go. She would want everyone together, and it is going to be nice. Mom used the rest of her money to buy food and booze and since i have the new deck and pool, we figured why go to a resturant where we couldn't just mingle and enjoy family? right

My house is a huge mess because of finishing everything up, so besides cleaning, mowing and setting everything up, i am about to finish painting the bathroom - i was so tired last night i was starting to get sloppy - I have to paint trim and a couple shelves so i can put them back and wash floors

My dd went to the today show today, she was not on tv but was by the door and along the rail, she met Bruno and was so excited.

Hi Girls!!

Judy - I missed it - did you ever get your pool up and running?

As of Monday, the pool is up and running. 86 degrees and Ethan and I are going swimming this afternoon after lunch.< /span>

Good morning.

I thought the virus was gone, but this am I got a notice from the virus place that they removed more trojans.

Terry, that pic looked like a postcard, it is such a pretty place!!! I am jealous!!

I hope you had a good birthday yesterday Michelle!!!

That sampler looks good Laura!!

I don't have a real busy day today at work. Yesterday was kind of a crazy day.

I found that violet thank you cards, and they say thank you for the gift! Should I still send that around? We did have a gift of hospitality? I am sorry I am so late with that. I just remembered last night!!

Let me know, and by the way Haydee I found the cards, they were in my glove compartment on the rental car!! I found them in Kentucky when I went for the map for some reason.

Oh well let me know about the thank you note, otherwise I will just get a generic one to pass around.

Pam I hope you are having a great time!! Enjoy your birthday!!!!!!

Jane.... thank you card?? Did I miss something?? I'm lost.

Glad you found your dad's birthday card and Haydee's engagement card. :thumbup: (that part I understood!)

Looks like we might be back here. Dang site. I hate when it is down.

Off to go swimming. Have a great day.

I have a new kind of wine...its called Xanax, and its in pill form, LOL

HAHA...THAT IS FUNNY

Any idea when PamELa gets back??? I miss her!!

MISS YOU TOO!

OK...TALK ABOUT SPEED READING...I LOVE THE FIRST DRESS HAYDEE...DONT COMPROMISE SISTA! EVERYONE SOUNDS HEALTHY AND HAPPY!

<LAURA...YOU WILL NEVER BE A BAD MOMMY. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT LESLIE. HOPE ALL IS OK NOW W- THE FAMILY.

<HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND YES, I THOUGHT OF YOU ON THE 7TH!

<MICHELLE...HAPPY LATE BDAY SISTA! THOUGHT OF YOU TOO YESTERDAY. HOPE MO'S BUTT DIDNT RUIN YOUR DAY!

WE ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME. I SENT YOU ALL AN EMAIL. GETTING SOME GREAT PIX. THE POSTCARDS WILL NOT BE COMING..BUT I GOT YOU ALL little GIFTS.

MISS YOU BUNCHES...

TRACY...HOW IS BB??? I AM DYING TO SEE IT!

LOVE TO YOU ALL SISTAS...<I SAY WE DO A VIOLET TRIP HERE, THIS PLACE IS LIKE MAGIC!

XOXOOXOXXO

Happy Birthday Dr. PAMela!

Wow Terry that place is amazing!! I agree, doesn't even look real.

Also.. LMAO about my dress. I got a package from you yesterday and I'm like huh.. why is she sending me something. Read your note, because I was like "How did I leave that in the house...".... do you realize, I wouldn't have even realized it was gone? Probably ever. I forget everything I have till I look in my closet, whenever anyone borrows/takes anything, I never remember it. Thank you :thumbup:

Glad the Wellbutrin is working Jennifer, Russell was put on it about a month ago, we don't think it's working, but he doesn't see the doc again till Sept. (she is on vacation till then, must be nice).

I was on Wellbutrin for a month once (to stop smoking), I didn't realize it was working till I was off of it, then I realized it just made me generally happy.

Oh I had a dream about you guys last night, we went to Jamaica Sandals (where we went on our 1st anniversary). It was 10 v's, and I know Kat was one of the ones who made it this time. We had a lot of fun, all the free boozing, and Russell showed up when I needed to shower (NO not in a dirty way, he just ran the bath for me, which was weird.. then I couldn't wash my hair in a shower, I kept having to dunk it in the tub).

Was very very weird, I kept waking up remembering weird things we did, and I knew I shoulda written it down, it was funny.. but now I've forgotten most details. Dreams are fun.

hi hi hi!

love that dress Laura, it's gorgeous!

Terry, I loved the last one too but I agree, I think it might be super heavy.

Pammy - glad you're having a great time!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Jane - The thank you card was for Laura's parents right? I say go ahead and send it. It's never too late for thank you's.

Okay, so I'm really really trying to convince Juan to have the wedding at his mom's place. We are having a huge wedding there Saturday and I'm getting so jealous just looking at how beautiful everything looks as they are getting ready for it. We could have it there for free! This man is so hard headed. I think what the problem is is that at the beginning of our relationship he had no control. I was in complete control over everything. Things headed south way quick of course. But now that we are stable and that I have given up my controlling ways I think he tries to compensate for never having it in the past by trying to control everything now. I don't care most of the time because I've become pretty laid back about everything but when I really really want my way with something he digs his heels in even more!

Edited by Haydee

I had a crazy dream last night that I was running on a road while Lance Armstrong was biking beside me. We would stop every so often so I could put salve on his feet. So totally random...