Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband's dirty little secret

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with the band. I am spoiled by my doctor. I assume everyone researches their doctors before surgery. Calling the office out of the blue can also be beneficial.

I don't think it is a dirty little secret about the band. I do think it is a consequence of inflated malpactrice premiums that prevent doctors from taking on someone else's patient, or having any desire to.

I researched my surgeon. I also picked a place I would like to vacation a lot for follow-ups. That took me to Aurora, Colorado. I just came from there for my fill getting home yesterday.

My surgeon gave me my life back thanks to the band. For me, it was a gift of life.

Best of health to all.

And I thought I saw on another board that because not all of us have English as a first language, or may not be as well educated as each other, or may not know how to use a keyboard...or whatever...commenting on the lack of typing skills is just a little bit childish. I'm sure if you wandered other boards you could find other posters to belittle over spelling...

It's a peeve. So shoot me. :blink:

I *am* one of Alex' moderators so I know the rules quite well. I moderate his sleeve board, a sister board to this one. The poster in question has violated the forum policies. Now, perhaps YOU are okay with cheating the system, stealing from others, breaking rules, and being overall snarky, but not everyone is okay with that.

Apparently she does support such activities, along with the fact that the OP is promoting a doctor that she gets kickbacks from.

I'm thinking that you ladies have gotten just a tad off course. I just went back and re-read the original post from 'Lovinglapbandliving' and all she posted was support for the original poster's issue. In fact, not only did she ~not~ push her own Dr. (other than saying that she thought he was great, just like I did) she suggested going to FillCenterUSA....are they paying her too???

I dunno...you sure are pro sleeve, in fact you posted that this was just 1 more reason to chose the sleeve over banding...is your sleeve surgeon paying you??

We all got the message that you don't like her posting here because she is a patient coordinator, so I would think you could now either take it private with her, or go to the board owner/moderator and voice your complaints there.

And I thought I saw on another board that because not all of us have English as a first language, or may not be as well educated as each other, or may not know how to use a keyboard...or whatever...commenting on the lack of typing skills is just a little bit childish. I'm sure if you wandered other boards you could find other posters to belittle over spelling...

Patricia

And I love my surgeon too...

Dr. Brad Watkins,

NWWLS,

Everett, WA

Let him know I sent you :blink:

Thank you canadagirl33, I am glad you can see I mean no harm to anyone. I have never been profane.

And I know I dont spell well, expecially when I am in a hurry and using the few minutes I have between helpping the needs the kids and everything else. It hurts to be called a lier, or a thief. I have done neither.

And my being here has nothing to do with money. If I had mis led anyone I am sorry. Let me know specifically what I have done and I will learn from it. Being human, I have learned from many mastakes and I pray that I never stop learning!

Again Thank you for seeing how things have unduely escalated ( I am sure that is miss spelled) LOL :drool:

Thank you canadagirl33, I am glad you can see I mean no harm to anyone. I have never been profane.

And I know I dont spell well, expecially when I am in a hurry and using the few minutes I have between helpping the needs the kids and everything else. It hurts to be called a lier, or a thief. I have done neither.

And my being here has nothing to do with money. If I had mis led anyone I am sorry. Let me know specifically what I have done and I will learn from it. Being human, I have learned from many mastakes and I pray that I never stop learning!

Again Thank you for seeing how things have unduely escalated ( I am sure that is miss spelled) LOL :blink:

So you're NOT getting your surgery for free for trying to get your doc more clients? That may not be money in the traditional sense, but it IS a kickback that is WORTH money.

I *am* one of Alex' moderators so I know the rules quite well. I moderate his sleeve board, a sister board to this one. The poster in question has violated the forum policies. Now, perhaps YOU are okay with cheating the system, stealing from others, breaking rules, and being overall snarky, but not everyone is okay with that.

Have you read the other posts this "coordinator" has written? She digs up 1 year old posts about Kelly to push him. Kelly isn't even all that great. Shouldn't newbies be given the information on how to research a doctor? How to verify the line of crap they are given?

I guess that is asking too much, eh?

Damn straight I am pro sleeve. So what? Got a problem with that? I'll bet I know band stats better than you do.

So if you're a moderator and she has violated the forums rules, kick her ass out of here !!! And no, I haven't read her other posts, I don't care enough to bother looking her up. I feel it is each and every single persons responsibility to research being banded, if they choose her surgeon after they have done that, then all the power to them. Just because you don't like him and don't think he is a great surgeon is you opinion, if someone else researches him and thinks he's a good fit, so be it.

You posted on this thread for her not to assume, you could stand to heed your own advice. No I am not "okay with cheating the system, stealing from others, breaking rules, and being overall snarky" and no where in my post did I support her in any way, I merely said that you had taken this thread away from the purpose of it and turned it into your own little hate-fest.

I've offered my support to the original post so I won't be back to this board, but rant and spew if you must. Enjoy :)

Patricia

And btw....I could care less about the band stats you know so well. I did all my homework and research 3 years ago before I was banded. I am well aware of my stats, my surgeons stats and my clinics stats, which is why, with their amazing support I lost all my weight in the first year and have maintained it since then....without any more surgery :tongue_smilie:

But earlier in this thread you wrote:

I help Buisnesses revamp thier business image and become visual to thier target customer base, and yes we are trading services.

And your sig:

Follow me @ www.youtube.com User ID- truthaboutthelapband-619-793-5922-leah@wlsclinic.com Surgeon Dr. Ramos Kelly

If you are not promoting your doctor why do you have your work email and phone number in your sig?

I think it does have to do with money.

I'm not sure you realize how bad you are making your doctor look when you admit/deny/admit/deny recruiting for him.

Your previous IDs were so obvious it wasn't even funny, people were complaining about you. Instead of following the rules you just came up with more IDs.

This is not helping your doctor.

Cleo's Mom...I know you had a horrific experience. I THINK I was even one of the posters who encouraged you to get a 2nd opinion! What happened to you shouldn't happen to a dog!

BUT All surgeons don't treat their patients like your first one did. You know this, right? They don't all treat patients like they are stupid (and honestly some ARE kind of behind the ball! No one here, but it happens). You're just so unhappy; I hope things look up for you soon!

After getting the second opinion, I switched to that doctor back in April. He ordered a follow up UGI and it showed some improvement. I have another appt. with him on Tuesday and hope to be able to meet with one of his two dieticians then or sometime in the near future. I am happy with him. He was very pleased with how much weight I have lost (my former doctor never was) and said I have lost a years worth of weight in 6 months and many of his patients would love to have the percent weight loss I have had. WOW! I had sure never heard that before with my old doctor. And I needed to hear it. So, I am doing fine now that I took matters into my own hands and made the decision to get the follow up care that I deserve. Thanks for your concern.

That is so wrong... :tongue_smilie:

I just had an issue this week with my band. Went and had a fill on Monday, and as of that evening at bedtime, I was having acid reflux. Kept me up all night. Called the nurse at 6:45 Tuesday morning and told her, and she said to just wait the one day, call her on Wednesday, but to gauge what I eat carefully. It was hard to tell if I was too tight or I had irritated myself by what I ate (I had had a number of Altoids on Monday, some Tomato Soup for lunch, and a very late bowl of cheese Soup and then went to bed). No blame, just a let's-not-jump-the-gun-just-yet. I was told if I felt worse to for sure call back and somebody would be there for me.

Wednesday I called to update her -- felt better, but not completely gone. Got some sleep the night before, but it wasn't restful. Am I getting better, and should I just let it run its course? No, she said, come in, we'll fit you in at noon.

I went in and long story short, my PA thought he had gotten me from 4.6 to 5.2cc, but he took OUT 5.8! So I got a 1.2cc fill on Monday and was simply too tight.

Had I been told it was all me, I'd STILL be misesrable and possibly causing major issues with my band because of al the irritation.

If your doctor's office doesn't jump through hoops for you, then they are the wrong doctor's office.

My PA is a hoot. He says to call him at ANY time for ANYthing. Day or night, weekday or weekend. But don't call him, he says, you drop a hammer on your toe. UNLESS you think the band made you do it. :)

I love my PA Paul!! He's the best!

Thanks for your concern. I went for a second opinion in April, and switched to that doctor then. He ordered a follow up UGI. I see him Tuesday. He is happy with my weight loss, I am happy with him. And he is an experienced bariatirc surgeon in a hospital of excellence. Glad you have such great care.

Has anyone been told before having your lapband implantation surgery that no other lap band surgeon will touch you if you move, have problems, have a surgeon who will not listen to you when you are having issues, live in one state part of the year and another state for part of the year, etc? Am I wrong in feeling as though this should be brought up in the "seminars" that you go to prior to the surgeon accepting you as a patient?

That's not really the way things should be- but since our health care system is based on profits and not care, many of us in the US run into this....and not just with lapband. I've run into it with dental- yes, something so simple as crowns.

Anytime you have a procedure get a referral from your doctor BEFORE you move...perhaps select a doctor based on his networking.

We live in such a mobile society it's weird to think that just because someone moves they won't have the same quality health care....but it happens everyday.

For those of you who wish to respond to the OP's post, great. To the OP, I apologize for the hijacking of your thread.

To those of you who wish to argue about spelling, who is and is not a patient coordinator, etc., please leave it out of this thread as it is way off topic.

Thank you.

For those of you who wish to respond to the OP's post, great. To the OP, I apologize for the hijacking of your thread.

To those of you who wish to argue about spelling, who is and is not a patient coordinator, etc., please leave it out of this thread as it is way off topic.

Thank you.

Leave it to you to defend the coordinators. Good job, Ms. Admin!