Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I really do this? Nervous-Excited

My surgery is in ten days on June 19th. I can't believe it's finally my time!:sad: I getting really nervous and excited. I'm having trouble getting my head wrapped around this new lifestyle change. Any suggestions on getting mentally prepared would be greatly appreciated. I've know quite a few people who have the band and all are doing great. I'm just nervous about this unknown journey I'm about to go on, but no way am I backing out now!:cursing: I just want to hear what others have done to get mentally ready.

Congratulations!! I just put a post on my blog in the last week or so about my pre-op journal and the things I did to get ready. I included my post-op plan for success and an eval of the pros & cons I listed before surgery. Feel free to take a look if you think it would be helpful!

Best wishes for a safe surgery & easy recovery!

Catherine

i was just wondering the same things... im almost at the point to set a surgery date...and i cant even belive i am going through with this... thanks for sharing your blog :ihih:

I had big time jitters and doubts when I first got approved. I was losing sleep over it actually. Then I had to do some soul searching because I knew I had to come to terms with this and be okay with it. I have never and still don't have that "excited" feeling that many speak of. However, reading so many posts on here has helped tremendously! I really like to read posts from nurses and people who work closely in the medical field...I figure they see surgeries all the time. They get ALL the scoop on surgeries. If they feel comfortable doing this...then it must be safe. Also, when I shower...oh Lordy, just one look in the mirror and I KNOW I have to do something! The final icing on the cake was a trip through my closet searching for something to wear. That is so frustrating to me. Either my clothes are too small or very frumpy looking. I finally have gotten to where I have peace of mind about my decision. I'm not scared or worried, but I am focused. I know this will work if I follow the rules. I am where I feel confident that I can do that. I feel lucky that I got insurance to cover this and now I must take advantage of this opportunity and once and for all...good Lord willing...I will get this excess cargo off my body forever! Best of luck to you! My surgery is tomorrow and I am going over last minute things I need to do or bring with me.

Keep me posted on how things are progressing and I will stay in touch about how surgery goes.

i wish you all the best for tomorrow... Your life will never be the same... :)

My surgery is in ten days on June 19th. I can't believe it's finally my time!:lol: I getting really nervous and excited. I'm having trouble getting my head wrapped around this new lifestyle change. Any suggestions on getting mentally prepared would be greatly appreciated. I've know quite a few people who have the band and all are doing great. I'm just nervous about this unknown journey I'm about to go on, but no way am I backing out now!:) I just want to hear what others have done to get mentally ready.

Congrats to you Tia, you are going to be really happy! To get myself prepared, I just kept looking at photos of myself. It really made me sad to see the way I looked and it kept me motivated to get healthy. Plus, my doc had me on a 2 week pre op Protein diet, and that helped because when I saw the pounds coming off with that, I was more motivated than ever. I am excited for you and wish you the best of luck. Let us know how it goes! :smile2:

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes. Carrie I love the idea of looking at my fat pics and getting focused, I plan on doing that tomorrow and journaling too. Phreny I hope your surgery goes well, please keep us all posted and good luck!

My surgery is June 18th. I have been spending a lot of time on this site, reading posts of people who have been banded and successful (the successful part is really important!!). I like to look at the before and after pictures too and just imagine that it could be me someday! I'm also creating an eating plan which I am going to try and stick to. I pretty much plan to do high Protein, low-carb. Its been helpful to start thinking of that kind of thing now. It makes me feel less nervous. Also, the weight loss (about 16 pounds so far) on the pre-op diet is very encouraging and makes me feel like I can do this!!