Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Celebrate !!!!!

Great to hear from you Ann. You were missed.

I took a ton of clothes out of my closet that are too big.

I can pull them down while they are still zipped. That's so cool.

Good thing I have six huge containers of clothes put away that are too small. I can already wear a few of them.

Aw, thanks, Rebecca. I missed you all, too. I didn't have time to get on the computer when I was at the beach. Congrats on all the loose clothes!!! Isn't it awesome?! :blink:

Okay, I'll be next Ann.

This is really big for me. This is one of the biggest reasons I had the surgery. My blood pressure is down low enough that my doctor took me off of one of my BP meds and reduced the other one to 1/2 dosage. I should be off the other 1/2 in a week or so.

Also, I haven't had problems with sleep apnea for about a month and a half now.

I feel like I will have a very healthy life now. My Dad had a major stroke at age 49 (my age now) and he was in a wheel chair for the rest of his life (the next 7 years). I really take after him (my Ma is slim) and I thought my fate would be the same as his. Thank goodness for the band. It may have just saved my life.

And, like you Ann, I am wearing One Size fits All or Most too! GB

Okay, I'll be next Ann.

This is really big for me. This is one of the biggest reasons I had the surgery. My blood pressure is down low enough that my doctor took me off of one of my BP meds and reduced the other one to 1/2 dosage. I should be off the other 1/2 in a week or so.

Also, I haven't had problems with sleep apnea for about a month and a half now.

I feel like I will have a very healthy life now. My Dad had a major stroke at age 49 (my age now) and he was in a wheel chair for the rest of his life (the next 7 years). I really take after him (my Ma is slim) and I thought my fate would be the same as his. Thank goodness for the band. It may have just saved my life.

And, like you Ann, I am wearing One Size fits All or Most too! GB

THIS IS SOOOO GREAT!!!!!! :blink:

I had one a few weeks ago, but I've just had this thing about posting for a while, and well I realized that I NEED YOU GUYS!!!!!! So I'm back.....

So here are 2 of my NSV's

1- I am able to cross my legs and sit lady-like again. without even realizing I did it. I was on the train going to work, and just sat like normal and then I looked down and saw my legs were crossed, over the knee........ I haven't been able to do that in 2 1/2 years!!!!! also, bringing my knees to my chest when sitting on the bed or the floor, things I'm subconciously doing.... it's a great feeling.

#2 is, today, I am wearing a pair of pants I bought 2 years ago, and have never worn before, infact, I had to take the tags off of them. I was sorting through a bag of clothes I'm donating to charity, just to make sure that things (like laundry) weren't tossed in there and I found the pants, I folded them up and put them in my room. this morning, just for kicks, I put them on, they slid up.... I did have to take a deep breath to button them, but they're actually really comfortable.

Sorry I flaked on you all for a while, don't worry, I'm back, back on track and back in this whole heartedly.

Those are awesome NSVs, Sarahbellz! I still can't cross my legs comfortably. It's great to see you back on here. Please keep checking in with us! :thumbup:

I have another NSV -- a funny one -- I put on a pair of capris on the other day, and they were a bit baggy. I was in my bedroom debating whether to wear them or not, and I tugged on them to see how loose they were. Well, they came off even though they were zippered and buttoned! LOL :)

I LOVE THE NON-SCALE VICTORIES!! I had a NSV this past weekend. I spent a total of 21 hours (12 hours on Sat. & 9 hours on Mon.) redecorating my parents' bedroom for them. That included moving furniture, scraping, spackling, sanding, painting, removing old carpet & blinds, laying new carpet, and installing new blinds. I am 39 y/o. The last time that room was redecorated was when I was in jr. high. It was in pretty sad shape. I was up and down the ladder too many times to count, crawling on my hands and knees to remove the old/lay the new carpet, and probably walked a total of 15 miles while redoing the room. I had no trouble w/ all of that work... no muscle aches, no fatigue, etc. I guess losing almost 50#'s gives you a lot more energy. I can't wait to see what my energy level will be like after I lose another 100#'s and reach goal! :blushing:

Sweetbean, that's great! What a wonderful feeling that is not to have the typical aches and pains. I can totally relate! :w00t:

I really enjoy reading these NSV's especially since lately I've been glued to the scale. I never stop to think about my non-scale victories

#1- I can walk on the treadmill for an hour with my lowest speed being 3.5 and on an incline (haven't done that in a while)

#2- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator is fun for me. I enjoyed walking past the elevators where there was a crowd waiting-- and going to the staircase.

#3- Having to constantly pull up my pants because they are falling off. Although it's not a good look...it's a great feeling.

And Last...which is the most rewarding NSV

#4- Being so very happy! Waking up smiling...going to bed smiling. Smiling at people I don't even know...going out with friends w/o crying about what I'm going to wear. Being out of the slump where all I thought about was OMG where do I even start losing the weight. Just loving myself....I thank God everyday

And Last...which is the most rewarding NSV

#4- Being so very happy! Waking up smiling...going to bed smiling. Smiling at people I don't even know...going out with friends w/o crying about what I'm going to wear. Being out of the slump where all I thought about was OMG where do I even start losing the weight. Just loving myself....I thank God everyday

YES! I totally agree! And congrats on your other NSVs, also. :)

Fill number 6 seems to have hit the spot! I went shopping this weekend and bought jeans in size 20! down from 24! then stepped on the scale this am and was down several pounds since last wednesdays fill... so maybe, fingers crossed this will stick for a while. other NSV's:

Had to move the seat up in my car today.

Had to buy new shoes, the old ones were too fat for my new thinner feet.

Awesome, OntheWay! :mad2:

I help manage a yearly golf outing for one of my good friends who passed away. The proceeds go to a trust that provides college assistance for his four children.

I haven't seen these people in a year. Well - MONDAY, I SHOCKED THE CRAP OUT OF THEM..:):w00t::sad:

They couldn't believe how I looked. In fact, my good friends brother came up to me twice because the first time he didn't realize who he was talking to. That was a little wierd. Nevertheless, all were very supportive and were amazed as to the transition.

John, that is so awesome! :sad: You must have been on cloud nine! :)