Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

everything you need to know about the upper GI

ok guys, just did it and thought I would document it while its fresh in my mind.

couldnt eat or drink ANYTHING (that means not even water) after midnight.

got there and they made me keep my clothes on but go take my bra off. I did my chest X-Rays which was just standing facing a board and then next to the board sideways with my arms in the air.

Then I had to drink a carbonated sip of liquid.< /p>

it seemed like they had a shot of Water and then poured pop rocks in it and mixed it up. He told me I had to take a sip and i would feel like I needed to burp, but dont!

I had to swallow the air back down, then he made me lay on my stomach (which was horrible since the gas was just sitting in my stomach and now I was laying on it.) then they set up the machine.

after that he put the barrium drink in front of me with a straw in it. I guess I was drinking too fast cause I started gagging and almost threw up. He said to drink it slower and let the fizzy drink settle. i drank a couple more sips. It really didnt taste that bad, the worse thing was the fizzy stuff and the tecture of the barrium. after I drank what he thought was enough I had to roll around in different positions on the table (on back, on stomach, on sides, half way on sides arms up arms down)

After that I was done, i sat in the waiting room until they confirmed that all my films were perfect and I could be on my merry way.

SUrgeons office said the blood is in and they are sending it to my Dr. and the xrays will be sent to my Dr tomorrow.

Tomorrow I meet with the surgeon to ask any last minute questions and I guess talk to her about what she expects from me.

My last appointment is on Monday with my primary Dr.

I will get an EKG and he will go over everything and give me my medical clearance (or god for bid he wont)

So by next week I will know if Im all healthy and ready, or if I have anything I need to work on before then.

thanks for reading, i wanted to try and kepp you guys up to date on what to expect.

Oh my god! Was that the whole barium swallow thing people go on about? I am so glad I didn't have to do that but in saying it, I feel horriblet hat you had to go thru that. It doesn't sound like the best thing ever =S Good luck with surgery next month =)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches