Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So.....does anyone here enjoy eating tofu? I haven't tried it before, but was considering getting some today. Does anyone have any good recipes? Thanks!

Hi - I actually don't eat poultry or red meat (just seafood) and so tofu is a big part of my diet. I was just banded 3 days ago. I am excited to be able to eat tofu again. There are all different kinds of tofu you can get. And you can use it anything like stir fry, tofu patties, grilled on top of a salad etc. If you have a cookbook that you like to use, you can use tofu in almost any of the recipes which utilize meats (just substitute the tofu for the meat, or add it to the meat recipe). Tofu is great because it is often healthier than a lot of meat and it is a great source of Protein. It takes on the taste of whatever you have cooked it in. Good luck!

Tofu is great, if you can get past the stigma of it. Since tofu of vitually tasteless, it will pick up any flavor you put it with. There are many things you can do with it depending on the style you get.

For soft tofu, you can use it like heavy cream in sauces, although you need to use a hand blender to emulsify it into the sauce at the end. It is wonderful in smoothies giving a thick milkshake like quality. Also makes wonderful fat free thick dressings like ranch, without the mayo.< /p>

Extra firm tofu is the work horse of soy. Buy it in the tub trays with Water in it. Remove the tofu from the Water and place it on a plate lined with two dish towels. Place another plate on top of the tofu and then place something heavy on the top plate to weigh down the tofu for 20min. No, it will not fly away, but by pressing it, the tofu will compress and lose water, becoming more meat-like in texture. Now you can slice or dice it as you wish, coat it with a marinade or sauce and place it onto a lined oven tray. Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-30min.

That will get you started, but there are endless resouces on the web for this subject. Happy cooking:smile2:

Ditto. Have always loved Tofu.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches