Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad, Bad, Sad News

Hi all,

As some of you may know I was scheduled for surgery this past Friday (9/9/05).

Thursday night my mom passed away and obviously I cancelled my surgery. I know she wanted me to have it so I have to reschedule....just have to work it out with work and all. Anyway, say some prayers for me. I have never felt so much pain and anguish ever in my life. She was sick and I knew this day would come but I never thought so soon and never expected to feel the way I do.

Love and Peace......Daniela.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my father when I was 12 and that was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. Several members have had some major losses lately and I gave them this advice, give your pain over to God, he will heal your heart. My thoughts are with your family. ~Mandy

I just recently lost my father (who had also been very sick for a while) and so I can really feel your loss. I'm so very sorry. It was the right thing to postpone your surgery because right now you need all your strength. This is a tough time. Your mom will be with you when the right time comes again to have your surgery.

I send you much love, much strength, many hugs.

When my mother-in-law passed, I was sure there was no possible way humans were designed to withstand the pain I watched my husband endure. It was awful for me to see, so I can't imagine how you feel. Sounds like you have wonderful, loving memories - hold them close to your heart, and get that Band for Mom when you're ready.

Daniela I am so sorry. It is not easy to lose a parent no matter how old. Yes, it is for the best sometimes so that they may be in peace and out of pain. She is in a better place, it is us have to suffer and survive. I lost my mother to cancer 14 years ago and my father 6/16/04. I still carry his last hospital braclet in my purse. God is with you.

Daniela,

I hurt for you in your time of darkest pain. We lost my mother-in-law several years ago and the pain had lost it's sting, but the emptiness will always be there.

I was banded on the 7th.

I hope you join me soon, I know your mother is cheering you on from her position of peace and fulfillment!

Let me know when you are ready, I'll be here for you!!

I pray for your heart, that your healing begin soon, that your grief be fruitfull and that you have a return to joy.

Oh Daniela, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. May the Good Lord comfort you as only He can do.

HUGS

Daniela, I pray God's peace for you in this time of sorrow. Remember that God's peace passeth all understanding. Give everything to God, and know that your mother is with her Lord and saviour having a Wonderful time in heaven!

My heart goes out to you.. (((HUGS)))) I am so sorry for your Loss..

May the Lord guide and comfort you through this time and be with you always.

My thoughts are with you in this time of need. Remember your mother is always just a milli-second of a thought away. When you go into surgery see if you can take just a tiny something that belonged to her and that way you will know physically she is right there with you. Be at peace.

Daniela, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know that you are having the hardest of times right now, but just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

Daniela, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last year and his death was the final step in my determination to get the band. I know if he had had either a bypass or band in his life, he would be here today. But I also thank God that I am having this opportunity for a longer, healthier life and hope that he is looking down and thinking the same.

When you are ready, you will reschedule. In the meantime, message here when you need support. I know I gained about 20 pounds in the 2 weeks following my dads death.

Hugs. Celeste

Daniela...I am so sorry to hear about your loss. There are no words that will ease your pain but just know that there are people that certainly care and are praying for you and your family. Good luck with the rescheduling of your surgery also. You know your Mom will be looking down on you and guiding you on this journey that you're about to begin. Take care.