Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yummy Recipes!

I thought maybe we could start sharing some of our yummy recipes for real food on here -- things that are healthy and don't get stuck! :)

Here's one I heard about on the "What did you eat today?" thread, and I looked it up on the Internet. I'm trying to find out the nutritional counts for it, but don't know where to go for that.

Dr. Pepper chicken

Ingredients

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 can of Diet Dr. Pepper

1/2 cup of ketchup

salt, pepper to taste

Directions

1. Mix can of Dr. pepper and ketchup

2. Pour over chicken

3. Bring to a boil, cover & simmer for 45 mins. (Note: We just simmered for approx. 1 1/2- 2 hours, until the chicken was fork-shreddable and all the sauce was soaked up.)

This is very light, very moist, and a tiny bit reminiscent of Southern BBQ because it's not a thick red sauce, plus you can taste a hint of vinegar from the ketchup. Now, I am not a fan of Southern BBQ, but I reallly like this! My hubby did, too. :thumbup:

SpideyMom, No one has anything yummy at this point. It is hard to get excited about cream Soup ,yogurt and Protein Shakes. LOL, but it is not funny. Maybe in a few days some people will be back on regular food and have some good recipes for us. The chicken sounds delc. and I am going to try it as soon as I am on regular food. I will have to go get a sf Dr. Pepper as I drank all of them before surgery. My how I miss my diet drinks.< /p>

Oh, I miss my Diet Coke, too!!!:ihih:

I made something called Ricotta Bake, also taken from the "What did you eat today?" thread. It's very simple.

Layer part-skim ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce, top with low fat mozzarella or low fat Italian 4-cheese blend, bake at 350 until the cheese is bubbly.

It's like lasagna without the noodles. Enjoy! :rolleyes:

I also really enjoyed eating hummus and baba ganoush during my mushy stage.

HTH!

Oh, I miss my Diet Coke, too!!!:)

I read on a post that if you take your diet coke and put it in the blender for 30 seconds, you can drink it slowly. The blender knocks out most of the CO2.

Thanks, John! I somehow think that would ruin it for me, though. lol

But -- I will tell me surgeon about that trick. He told us at our support group to just pour it in a glass and wait 30 minutes.

Still... I need my CO2. That's why I *loved* fountain drinks -- you get more!!! :)

I have a recipe to share, it's basically cheating, but it's all in the way you cook it- good for those on mush/semi softs (like myself) and the fact it turned out like that was a total accident.

1 Bottle of Mrs. Dash's Low sodium Zesty Garlic lime marinade,

6 Boneless chicken breasts (kind of thick)

2 sheets of tin foil.

1 cookie sheet

Marinade the chicken in the ENTIRE Mrs. Dash (mixed with 2 tblspns water) for 2 days (the vinegar will keep it)

On day 2, Set your oven for 350, On the cookie sheet lay 1 peice of tin foil down place the chicken in the center and bring the sides up, pour the rest of the marinade in the bowl on top of the chicken, use the other sheet to SEAL the chicken, make sure it's air tight (crunch the edges together) Bake for 45 minutes. It comes out like seasoned poached chicken, and it's F*in delicious, If it's a little too Seasoned for you, Hidden Valley fat free ranch is a good dipping sauce.... ENJOY!!! Because my whole fam just did!