Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hey yall, just went to my one month follow up the other day and first fill. I have lost 25lbs since my procedure on April 30th 2009. I am thrilled, checked scale this morning down 2 more lbs. I have to admit that summer is hard because we are a grilling family, but i have adjusted, instead of a hamburger i grill my self a fat free skinless hotdog, ... good without a bun and with just a little bit of mustard, or i boil a small boneless skinless breast of chicken in the house and then put it on the grill for a few minutes to give it that grilled flavor. if we grill veggies i have a small amt. with my first fill i cant seem to have more than a small amt. i am walking daily at least 30 minutes, and will start my strength training soon. this hasnt been easy but its paying off, i tried on a swimsuit i bought at the end of 07 for a trip to florida it was semi tight and now it is so baggy its awful, my hubby said well we are going back down so ya better get shoppin...what a guy.:thumbup: i am looking forward to our trip to florida, it isnt until august so i have even more time to lose more. i want to wish everyone good luck its a rough road but its worth it ... dont get discouraged and look to the future:thumbup:

Congrats!!!!

LisaMarie,

How were the first couple of weeks after your surgery? That's what I'm having the most trouble with.

I was banded on Friday. I can't seem to get full, and am feeling really discouraged.

Would you mind to share with me some of the foods that you ate during the first couple of weeks post-op?

I'm at the liquid/mushy phase:

-cream of wheat, Jello, pudding, popsicles, skim milk, whey Protein added to foods

Thank you!

I just started my 'mushy' stage. A little early, my Dr. wants me on liquids for 3 weeks... but my sanity says otherwise..

I have started having cream of wheat, purreed refried Beans, and egg salad. I've been amazed at how little I need and how LONG I stay full!! My mind on the other hand wants to go back to bad habits. I start thinking about what I am gonna eat next, and then my stomach has to remind me that I am not hungry yet. So weird! I also have to retrain my mind that just because its noon, I don't have to eat if I don't need to. I was raised by 'the clock' when it comes to meals. dinner was always on the table by 6, come hell or high Water.

I also found some great after WLS cookbooks on Amazon that have all the stages. You may want to look into that. I haven't cooked anything yet, but I am looking forward to it.

please dont get discouraged, you just had this done 2 days ago if i am reading your post correctly, at this point i was on a full liquid diet, i did not advance to the "mushy" stage for at least a 10 days. my first couple of weeks were a little rough with some soreness but not enough to use script pain meds, what i did was get moving right away. i was banded on a thursday, spent the nite in the hospital, came home friday evening and on saturday was out walking it was for only 10 minutes but then on sunday i went to a community college play with my daughters and did some walking that day and then it just took off from there, 15 minutes up the block, then around the block and then further. you are eating all the right foods, the same that i ate, stay on track and dont get discouraged. follow the instuctions from your nutritionist or doc, you will see it will pay off. i liked sugar free Jello as a treat, but for meals you could try creamed (strained) Soups (try the chicken and tomato)very filling. once you have your first fill you will definitly be feeling fuller longer, in the meantime if you are really having a problem talk to the nutritionist she/he may have some other ideas for you...stay strong and keep the faith .... remember this is the beginning of a new life its going to take time to get used to it, but you will... remember to always smile..it makes things so much easier.. : - )