Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

smaller than your biggest haters!

OMG you guys!!! I just had surgery so stop making me laugh!!! It hurts to laugh. I can not wait to do that to a few people.

It's hard not to get at least a little petty satisfaction out of this! :thumbdown: I have a wedding in late July where I will see my ex-BF. . and probably a girl he started dating a few months after we broke up.

At least I will go there knowing that I'm (by then) 50+ pounds down and looking healthier, more toned, and just plain better than I ever did when we were together! If I said that I didn't think I was going to get some major satisfaction from that, I'd be lying! :laugh:

Catherine

Hi

I was banded on May 28th and I am a very outgoing person with a bubbly personality. Being a big woman I needed to have a great personality for people to want to talk to me and get to know me. Then they would be able to make a fair opinion of who I am... not just judge me from my appearance. Once they get to know me Im often told I have a great personality.. and a great person.

My boyfriend is worried the weight loss is going to change me... as a person. I really dont know if I will change. I guess he is worried that I wont want to be with him b/c I will be losing weight and can get a new boyfriend. I dont meant to make this post so personal but just wondered if anyone else noticed changing in this manner.. perhaps new friends... more vain.... stuck up etc.

I see it on peoples faces some say that i look good others just look and not say anything. I didnt have the surgery for them. and they can look all they want cuz im feeling great!:thumbdown:

Hi

I was banded on May 28th and I am a very outgoing person with a bubbly personality. Being a big woman I needed to have a great personality for people to want to talk to me and get to know me. Then they would be able to make a fair opinion of who I am... not just judge me from my appearance. Once they get to know me Im often told I have a great personality.. and a great person.

My boyfriend is worried the weight loss is going to change me... as a person. I really dont know if I will change. I guess he is worried that I wont want to be with him b/c I will be losing weight and can get a new boyfriend. I dont meant to make this post so personal but just wondered if anyone else noticed changing in this manner.. perhaps new friends... more vain.... stuck up etc.

I think that no matter what, one's true personality always shines through.

Some people who are heavy mask their true inner ugliness with false sweetness to win people over. When they lose weight, they feel they can let their true selves out. However, people who really knew them before teh weightloss knew it was in there all along and aren't terribly surprised. (I know someone like this.)

Conversely, if someone is truly a kind person all the while, I don't think losing weight will make that person turn into someone uglier than they really are. People like that will still be the same kind people after weight loss. (I also know someone like that.)

Here's where it can get confusing. When folks lose weight, often their self-esteem improves. When this happens, people will usually want to take better care of themselves. For instance, they might wear more make-up, cuter clothes, etc. Sometimes this can be mistaken for vanity. However, do we think those vain who have alwasy been thin and have always taken pride in their appearance? Likely not.

To me it boils down to this. We are who we are. Losing weight won't change who we are inside. If we don't like what we become when we become thin, maybe we need to look to what was inside all along. I hope that I find myself to be as good a person later as I feel I am now, if not a better person for the lessons learned.

I can't wait to run into my exboyfriend. He used to call me fat all the time and even broke up with me in a letter telling me I was fat! Just wait!

does anyone else take secret pleasure in being smaller than people who used to talk about how fat you were?:thumbup:

Oh..HELL Yes!!!! :thumbup: :confused:

Hi

I think we're often quick to dismiss how much it can change us. Not only how we take care of ourselves, but what we think we deserve. I've noticed that recently in my own life with a guy that I've been seeing. He's a nice guy, probably one of the best guys I've dated in a long time, but I find myself thinking, "Is this it? Is this as good as it gets?" I have a feeling that the more the weight comes off, the more options I'll have in the dating scene, so I don't wanna get too serious too fast with this guy.

It'd be different if he was actually my bf or husband - that's a whole 'nother level, but - he's not. So I wanna make sure I keep my options open. Geez, I think I sound like a guy.

thanks for all the great response guys. i saw her again at my daughters dance recital this weekend. she was with my ex. well let me tell you i made sure i was looking my best. well when he saw me he couldnt stop staring and complimenting me on how great i looked. she looked super pissed and i loved it! my sister said she saw her punch him in the arm after we i walked away!

Guess I am the bad guy here because...

While I do like the fact that I am much smaller than some that have said I was fat in the past I would never stoop to their level.

Does anyone feel like some of your old friends don't want to hang around you anymore now that you are losing weight or if they do still hang around do the secretly begrudge you every pound you lose?

Maybe I'm being paranoid here these days but I had surgery 10 months ago and 35 lbs the first 4-6 weeks then nothing for 6 months finally found my sweet spot and now am losing weight at about 2-2.5 a week. I'm tall so you really didn't notice the first 10 but now that there is 20 gone you can tell, I slipped into a pair of shorts I hadn't had on in 5 years. My so called good friend, who has had the by pass a couple of years ago and never met her goal tells me, don't get to excited they are stretchy.

Hi

I think the reason some people are let down is because they think weight loss will change who they are and fix all their problems. It does make us healthier and boosts the self esteem, but basically we are the same people with the same problems. And, if we were good people with wonderful personalities fat, we will be that way thin. If we were unhappy bitches fat, we'll probably be that way skinny!!!!!! The significant others often get insecure and it has caused lots of problems for some couples. I guess we just have to give them lots of extra attention as we start getting a bit more!!!

I just told a friend of mine the other day that my secret goal is to be small enough that someone calls me a skinny bitch!:blushing:

That is so funny!! I'm gonna have to use that!