Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustration setting in...

I was banded 4/24 and am only down about 4 lbs in the last month - if even that. I've had one fill so far and am getting more and more hungry as time goes on. I know this wasn't going to be overnight but all that money and all the recovery and 4 pounds??? Is that off or am i being ultraparanoid?

Sweetie, You are still in the recovery time. Some people do not lose weight at all during this time. Be patient and within a few months, you fills will increase and so will your weight loss. I would not be concerned for AT LEAST another month.

Ugh I need to stop reading this board lol. I see posts from ppl who had surgery slightly before or right at the same time as me who have lost 30lbs and I've lost, 4. Makes me sad. I know I'm not supposed to compare to others but show me anyone who doesn't do it!

:thumbup:I feel you cause i had my surgery on 4/24/09 and i dont know how much i lost but i know its not much and i also have had two adjustments. i still feel hungry. i will get my thrid adjustment on 06/15/09 i hope this works this time. i feel your pain.. but dont give up it will happen.. lets do this together

I know my dr told me dont weight myself, he said to go by the inches and thats what ive been doing and i can fit into some of my clothes i couldnt before.. it takes time so hang in there

I too had my band placed 4/24. I am totally back to my old habits! Haven't been able to get a fill yet. Good news my first fill is tomorrow. I am so ready to get some restriction. Since I paid for my band at this point I feel like I wasted my money. If I could stay on a diet I wouldn't need the band!!!!!!!

will keep you posted...

T.

I was banded a shortly before you on 04/14/09. I lost about 13 lbs on the pre-op liquid diet and about 11 lbs since the surgery which included a week of liquid post op and a week of liquid after my first fill. I try to focus on the 24 lbs lost so far and the fact that my clothes are fitting better until I hit my "sweet spot" and get to MY perfect restriction zone. I know I could and should be exercising more. I just feel sooooo tired since the surgery. I have very little energy. Don't give up. Keep working at it!! We can do it.

hi,

i feel you pain.

i have only lost 12 pounds.....had surgery april 20th.....1st fill was friday june 5, yesterday i ate 2 pieces of pizza (big pieces- i could have more easily), so as you can see no restriction at all. i am so disgusted with myself and i don't know. trying to stay on diet, but had surgery to help me where i had failed before.

i have actually gained 4 pounds in the last month. the doctor said to call friday if i can still eat so much...i am hoping they can take me and give me another fill.

good luck..i guess we need it!

:thumbup:

I was banded 4/24 and am only down about 4 lbs in the last month - if even that. I've had one fill so far and am getting more and more hungry as time goes on. I know this wasn't going to be overnight but all that money and all the recovery and 4 pounds??? Is that off or am i being ultraparanoid?

I was banded on 4/23/09 and I also went thru a period where I was sooooo hungry, I just knew it wasnt working, I dont get to exercise and its moving slow, but at last I did start to lose, Ive had one fill, and it worked somewhat, but not what I expected.So, we just have to hand in there, it seems once u start to lose it will be steady!

Dont get discouraged!!!