Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only lost 41 lbs in 3 years

Hi. I had lap band surgery in Birmingham, AL by a wonderful surgeon, Dr Scott Pennington in Aug 2006. A Christian man, he prayed with me before surgery and is just a very superb man and surgeon.

Within a month, I lost about 15 lbs. It has now been almost 3 years and I have only lost about 41 lbs. I started out at 266 and now weigh 225. I have never gained ANY weight back but I am dissapointed that I only lost this much. I have a 5 cc band and it has 3cc of Fluid in it.

However, I have not been to the dr for a check up in over a year. I made an apt today (June 5) and they can't see me till July 31. I feel like something has happened to my band. This week I noticed, all of a sudden, that I can eat WAY MORE than what I had been able to eat. Like maybe even twice as much. I am in no pain but am wondering if my band may have slipped or something.

I have never thrown up, not even once for any reason since surgery. I went for a solid year without drinking ANY carbonated beverages and have never had a glass of sweet tea since my surgery.

I would like to talk to people who have been banded for awhile, like myself and find out if anyone thinks that my band may have slipped. Thanks!!

Dont worry, I dont think ur band has slipped. Just sounds like ur band was never filled enough to give u restriction. If u havent thrown up at least once, you are not tight enough or you chew really, really well, take small bites, and eat slowly. I finally got restriction on my 3rd fill and since October of 2008, I have lost 65 pounds. You should have gone to you doctor in the past year for a fill. But, keep your appointment, get ur fill and u should be fine. Dont worry.:unsure:

Hi. I had lap band surgery in Birmingham, AL by a wonderful surgeon, Dr Scott Pennington in Aug 2006. A Christian man, he prayed with me before surgery and is just a very superb man and surgeon.

Within a month, I lost about 15 lbs. It has now been almost 3 years and I have only lost about 41 lbs. I started out at 266 and now weigh 225. I have never gained ANY weight back but I am dissapointed that I only lost this much. I have a 5 cc band and it has 3cc of Fluid in it.

However, I have not been to the dr for a check up in over a year. I made an apt today (June 5) and they can't see me till July 31. I feel like something has happened to my band. This week I noticed, all of a sudden, that I can eat WAY MORE than what I had been able to eat. Like maybe even twice as much. I am in no pain but am wondering if my band may have slipped or something.

I have never thrown up, not even once for any reason since surgery. I went for a solid year without drinking ANY carbonated beverages and have never had a glass of sweet tea since my surgery.

I would like to talk to people who have been banded for awhile, like myself and find out if anyone thinks that my band may have slipped. Thanks!!

Thanks for your response. You're right--it's my fault that I didn't make an appt earlier! I guess I put everyone else's needs before mine (like most wives and moms do) and I just kept putting it off.

I am not in any pain. Oh and it's not b/c I chew really well or eat slowly...b/c most of the time I eat way too fast. But I know I am just eating too much and I don't want to gain any weight back---I feel like I should at least be around the 180 mark right now---not still sitting in the 220's.

I'll keep the appt and let you know how it goes.