Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 4/29/2009. I had my first fill last Thursday and ever since I have had a hard time eating anything besides soft foods. Yesterday, I had part of a granola bar, which I chewed up until it was pretty much liquid, but it got stuck. I have had things get a little uncomfortable a few times, but nothing like this. I couldn't even swallow my saliva! I ended up throwing everything up and ever since then my stomach is killing me. I was supposed to get my second fill tomorrow, but instead they will be making sure everything is still ok with my band. The pain is actually worse than the days following surgery. I am wondering if my band is too full?? Is it possible for it to be too full when I just had my first adjustment? I am frustrated because I was doing so well until I got a fill. I was only eating a small amount of food and didn't feel like crying all the time because my stomach hurts. Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. :-)

weight.png

Its good news that you have an appointment to see your doctor to check your band. As you can eat soft foods and are not having problems with liquids, you may find your fill will settle after a few more days and you will gradually be able to eat more solid foods. Some people do get good restriction with a tiny fill and some take a bit more, oour bodies react in different ways.

I had a similar experience to you on my second fill and had to have a little taken back out 2 weeks later when I couldn't eat anything thicker than Soup. I haven't looked back since then, I had a further fill 3 months later.

Hopefully you are one of those lucky people that get good restriction without having to have lots of fills, your bariatric team will let you know the best course of action, whether a slight aspiration is needed or to wait a few more days. Let us know how you get on.

Sue

The steady fills will mean your are progressing well with your band. With each fill, it will slowly tighten,then lessen and as you lose wt, your stomach wall will thin and you will need a tad more to keep the wt loss going. I have had 9 fills (banded1/08) and it would take about 4-5 weeks before I would need another fill. The restriction will lessen as time goes on. A friend of mine got the REalize band and she gets fills about every 2 months where as with my lapband, I was on scheule about every 5 weeks. Sometime I got anywhere from .5 to 1.5 cc, I had a slight unfill of .4cc last month after being way too tight for about 4/5 weeks, I could not adjust my eating so I knew I was a tad overfilled. Good Luck , hang in there!!

I am sorry that you are feeling pain and are uncomfortable.

I was banded on April 28 -- and do not get my 1st fill until next week on June 10.......

I can not wait -- and I hope that I get some restriction.

keep us posted....k?