Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here!

Guest Claudia

Guest Claudia

Hi everyone,

I just joined. Hope everyone is having a great day!

I am off to Mexico for my Lap Band on October 6th :-)

I need to find a good fill doc here in North Carolina. Dr. Bauman is rather pricey... any one have good suggestions? I am willing to go anywhere. Anywhere in NC is closer than Mexico!!

Claudia

10/6

sw ... not sure let... I'll let you know ... :-)

GW 145

Hi Claudia Welcome to LBT

Who is doing your surgery in Mexico?

You can email Don Mills at Inamed and ask him to email you a list of Dr.'s in your area, then you will have to call each and everyone of them to see if they will take on patients who were banded in Mexico, unfortunately many US docs dont and the ones the do will charge alot more for their services. If you are not planning on going back to MX , I reccomend you get a Dr. lined up to take care of your aftercare prior to leaving for MX, I have seen many who have not done this and have been forced to go back to MX but I have also seen many who went back to MX because the cost of flying back was cheaper then what the US doc was going to charge. Best of Luck to you :)

His email address is Don.Mills@inamed.com

Guest Claudia

Dr. Sanchez in Monterrey is doing my surgery. I have talked to Dr. Gonzales' office in Winston Salem and Dr. Bauman in Concord. Gonzales is much cheaper than Bauman. There has to be more than 2 that will do it... but those two were on Dr. Sanchez' list. Thanks for the email address!

I would like to go back to Mexico - but I want to be prepared if the plane tickets get way too outrageous.

C

Hey Claudia, I was banded in TJ by Dr Kuri and I see Gonzales for fills. No problems. Just schedule in advance. Oh, and unfills are the same price as fills. Be prepared!! :) Let us know if you find another fill doc. It's good to know who is out there.

Oh and check out our sept 24th meeting...you are more than welcome to join us. Its nothing formal, just a group of us from nc area getting together and chatting over lunch. Welocme to the board.

Melissa

Welcome...good luck on your surgery. If you are near the Charlotte Area please join us like Melissa said this saturday. It will be fun and don't be nervous we are just alot of crazy girls who love getting together and chatting.

Hi Claudia - Welcome to the group. Don't hesitiate to ask any questions here. Great bunch of people here with helpful info. If you are in the area, try and make it to Friday's on saturday. Take care and welcome again.