Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm On My Way!!! But kinda worried.

started the 3 month Aetna Ins pre-approval process today.

There was really nothing to it!

Next month I have my first visit w/ the nutritionist,

*sigh* it seems so far away!

has anyone had problems with Aetna being difficult to approve?

I feel like they are waiting to find one i not dotted or one t not crossed so they can deny me.

Anyone else feel this way?

Dana,

I don't have Aetna, but I do know what you're going through. As of this week, I've been scheduled for surgery, but it's been a l.o.n.g two year process with my insurance company. You're right to be worried about them denying you, but whomever you're going through should be able to look at the requirements and make sure that you meet the insurance criteria before they submit. From my experience, if the insurance co. has the band covered in the plan, they will cover it, so even if you're turned down, once all of your materials are correct, there's no reason for them to deny you.

Good luck and best wishes!

Dana, we're practically on the same schedule. I had my first of four visits with the nutritionist on June 1st! I know what you mean about the wait. Once I made the decision to have the surgery, I wanted to have it done that day. I could have scheduled it for the following day if I was self-pay but figured a 3 month wait was reasonable if Aetna will cover it. The clinic said they checked with Aetna and it's covered but I'm still not 100% convinced because my employer is self-insured. If I wait 3 months and they deny me I'm going to be sooooo upset. We should keep in touch...perhaps our surgery dates will be close. (BTW, I used to live in Grapevine, TX)

Dana, we're practically on the same schedule. I had my first of four visits with the nutritionist on June 1st! I know what you mean about the wait. Once I made the decision to have the surgery, I wanted to have it done that day. I could have scheduled it for the following day if I was self-pay but figured a 3 month wait was reasonable if Aetna will cover it. The clinic said they checked with Aetna and it's covered but I'm still not 100% convinced because my employer is self-insured. If I wait 3 months and they deny me I'm going to be sooooo upset. We should keep in touch...perhaps our surgery dates will be close. (BTW, I used to live in Grapevine, TX)

wow!! Nice to "Meet" ya!

I'm having my band put in in Dallas! isnt Grapevine near Dallas?

We ARE in the exact same boat!

Today I chasing old Dr's down in hopes I can prove I've been FAT for over 2 years! Pictures wont work! lol

I havent gone to the dr in a few years.. so I hope that doesnt mess things up.

Oh I know!!I was on the TV show Wife Swap a few years ago, I'll just send em a DVD! hehehe

I thought I was good to go with Aetna. I had all my nutrition and doctor visits, etc. Come to find out, my sleep apnea isn't what Aetna considers "clinically significant" even though I sleep with a CPAP every night for four years. I guess I will go and retest and hope for the worst, or best in this case. I am very disappointed, though. I'm not sure my sleep apnea has gotten any worse in the past four years.