Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling a bit like a failure

I had been doing very well until the holidays and have been pretty much so at a stand still. I have had 2 fills, but don't have much restriction.

I feel like I am back eating like I did before my surgery. I know what is right and what is wrong, but I just cannot seem to get my head into this again.

How do I get back on track? I have had no PB or felt any restriction and am not scheduled for another fill until the end of July.

Can someone give me just 1 day of a meal plan so I can use that to get started on the right path again?

Thanks!

Gilta - Big hugs to you!!!

Have you been tracking your food? Being mindful of how many calories you are eating? Watching portion sizes?

What about changing your eating or exercise habits.

I got stuck around the Holidays and stop tracking. Weight loss stalled and I continued to exercise but struggled. I started tracking again and I was eating only 800 calories - clearly not enough for weight loss. I had to slowly increase my calories to about 1100-1200 and also taking in Protein supplements. I have a shake in the morning and I sip on a Protein bullet with Water during the day. I eat a ton of chicken and fish and have loads of veggies and selective with my fruit. I just started running a bit to spice my exercise routine up.

Don't give up! You are getting close to goal...the closer you get the harder it is. But never, never give up!:(

Why can't you have a fill sooner? I had a problem with my band and was unfilled and have regained some weight. I'd planned to revise to a different WLS but the insurance company is fighting me since I'm no longer a 35 BMI. I think what set me down the path is not being filled when I needed it. I'm getting refilled slowly, another one tomorrow, and hope that once I get back the restriction I had for the first 18 months I can get back to losing again. It's been very depressing.

I've also started tracking what I'm eating online and that helps a lot. I've been trying out Daily Plate and Spark People. I've also found that attending Weight Watchers is helpful as is attending a lap band support group.

Britt

Yes - I do need to track my food. I think that is the largest hurdle for me. I will start that up again. I think the reason why I stopped is I know I am over 1200 calories and it bothers me. I need someone to come to NY and Kick my A**!

In regards to a fill, they book out 8 weeks in advance so it is sometimes hard to get in earlier than that. They like to make sure that the fill is actually working. I will be calling them today to see if I can get in earlier.

I will organize everything up so I have a good day!

If you are active you might need more then 1200 calories. You might want to adjust up a little. I don't know. Some weeks I can lose and some weeks stay the same. Even when I do the exact things.

I am cheering for you! Please PM or E-mail me if you need some support.

We can do this!:frown:

I wish I could say I am active! I have stopped working out and just feel like a slug.

The only time I find I lose weight is when I have less than 1100 calories. If I go over 1400 I gain and in between I ususally maintain, which is where I am now.

I have written everything I have eaten down so far today which is a step in the right direction. Now all I need to do is keep it up for the rest of the day and then I can say I had a good day!

A** kickings are not a service we offer here. :frown:

Start again with activity. The weather is so nice now, just go out and walk as much as you can. Start tracking your food. Be brutally honest with yourself on what you are eating. Yeah, that's the hardest part usually.

Then, you might consider asking if you can move up the appointment for that fill. You say you have 5 ccs in a 15cc band...that's not necessarily a lot of restriction. Perhaps a fill of even 1cc would make a difference. And it might take more than that, so I would go ahead and make an appointment for another fill as soon as they will allow you to have one. Okay, yeah, you may find you don't need it but you can cancel it closer to that date AND the fact that you have the appointment, will have to get on their scale and face the music, good or bad, may help you get back on track as well. Never discount accountability!

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

I too am feeling like a failure. I know what I should eat and that I should be doing some excercising. I am ready to recommit myself. I will start my journal today and commit to start exercising as well. Good luck--

Protein bullets are usually prepackaged mixed Protein drinks. They have them at places like GNC with 42g of Protein. I have tried them, but they are a bit too sweet for me.

I was able to move up my next fill by 4 weeks to july 1st so hopefully that will help!

I know I just need to go back to measuring, writing and exercise and then this will work. I know it does because I lost 50 lbs that way!

Gilta you can do it!!!!! Good luck getting back on track!

Hang in there, Gilta! I'm sorry I didn't jump on sooner to offer you support but I just saw this thread!

You've gotten some great advice. You know what you need to do.

I had to start tracking again too. I track on livestrong. I've been bouncing the same 3 lbs for the last few months and I was very frustrated! Found out I was snacking all day. Didn't even realize it. I mean, I knew I was eating the food but just didn't really pay attention to it. According to livestrong, based on my height, weight, exercise, and per week loss goals, they have me at 1600 calories a day! Seems high but it's working! I tracked for a whole week, lost 2lbs. Didn't track the next week, gained 1 back. I'm tracking again and just MUST do so or I just eat too much!

I'm not at my sweet spot but hope to be soon.

You've got to get it together if you want this to work. I've just learned that. It's a tough lesson. I don't like it but there it is.

How's DH been? His health doing okay? I know that's what started it. Now that things have settled down with him [i hope!] you've got to re-focus on yourself. You are very important and you need to do this for yourself!

Take care and hang in there! Hugs!

Hi Again!

Thanks for all of the wonderful advice. I had not heard of diary website before, I will have to check it out. That is the problem I had with other sites, is that the food search was not that good.

Michelle - you know, I never thought of what you mentioned about my DH. That is exactly when all of this started. He is doing wonderful, but I think the stress put me in a down hill spin for a while.

I did take someone's advice to just try one small change last week and see if that would make a difference. That did help. I am going to add in 1 day of exercise so I don't feel so overwhelmed about getting back into 4 days a week.

I did lose 1 lb last week, but it is part of the same 3 lbs I have been gaining and losing since January. I just want to get under the 160 mark!

Gilta

So glad he's doing well!

Now you need to focus on YOU! Good for you for taking the first little steps. Every little bit helps. You'll start doing things and remember how good things felt and how motivated you were and pretty soon, you'll be back to eating and exercising like you want too.

Have you seen the bandiversary challenge thread? Check our August 2008 board. It's just working towards your goal by your bandiversary. There are little goals of, well Memorial Day, then July 4th and then our bandiversary dates. I just signed on for it. I missed the MD part of it.

I'm in the same place as you are with foolin' with the same 3lbs for the last few months and I'm sick of it! I want OUT of the 180s already!!!!!!! :thumbup: My goal is to be 179 by July 4th. I honestly don't know if that will happen or not! How sad is that?

Take care and hang in there! We're here for you!!