Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

west hartford lap bander

Hi....I'm not from CT, but my DH works in E.Hartford. We are just barely thinking of moving down from MA. Can you tell me where the nice communities are. We have three children. One will be in college, one in 11th grade and the other is 8th grade. My DH says Blue Hills is nice (I think he said that), Glastonbury and I forget the others. Any help would be great.

Also...good luck with your band. I have been banded almost 2 months now. I am at a very frustrating plateau. I am going for 2nd fill next week. Mostly I have been happy at results. I hope all goes well for you.

I would suggest Glastonbury or west hartford ! Good schools!

I am very depressed I have not lost one pound in 5 days ! I have not had any fills. But I am not eating very much ! Instant Breakfast 2times then chicken Jello and a V8.

the scale hasn't moved.

I just am so afraid to fail at this.

How long have you been banded?

As you will read, everyone is different. You are probablly retaining Fluid, your body could by in shock...many different reasons. I tend to lose in 3-5 chunks 2 or 3 weeks apart. That is very frustrating. Be sure to drink, drink, drink. Do lots of walking. Get all your Protein in too. Don't fret..you are very new to this as I still am. I am only 2 months banded on the 22 of September. Give this time because it is for the rest of your life...not the next two weeks. You will find lots of good posts on this board. Take each with a grain of salt remembering that each one of us has a different body that reacts differently.

Hi there - I do live in Connecticut - much further south - in Norwalk. I am also relatively new to this - banded on August 16th. I see that Robin was in July, myself in Aug., and Brunswick in September. I, too, am afraid to fail at this. I went in for my first fill last Friday and had only lost 2 lbs. in 3 weeks. I am not getting too concerned, since it is early in the process and I'm still healing and learning. I count calories, Protein and try to exercise, so I am surprised that it's not just melting off. Still, 23 lbs. in 1 month is nothing to sneeze at . . . that's better than I've ever done on a traditional diet. Its difficult to be patient . . . but this will be lifelong, so I guess I better get used to it. Lets continue to use the Connecticut board and support one another.

Hello! I am in Groton Connecticut.. the other end of the state. I work in New Haven and plan on getting banded thru St. Raphael's Hospital. I am going to the seminar in early November. Bringing my mom with me for support. I am kinda doing this incognito. Not really telling alot of people. I have lost 15 lbs on my own. But it is so hard. I exercise my butt off and eat healthy and it doesn't help because of this darn insulin resistance. (I am diabetic)

Just wanted to say hello and you guys are doing wonderfully! Good Luck and I look forward to reading all your wisdom and you continue this journey!

Donna :P

Guest Nancy K from CT

Hi,

I just joined this lap band group. I am going for my first doctor's appointment in November. Although I live in Waterford, CT, I will be banded by the Fairfield Bariatric group. They were the only ones that had experience with type 1 diabetics with an insulin pump.

Just thought I would say hi. I am in West Hartford/Bloomfield all the time - my dentist is in West Hartford (long story!!). But really I have lots of family in that area and that is why I am up that way quite often (besides visiting West Farms).

Hope to keep in touch!

Nancy

I've finished all initial medical screenings and only have nutritionist appointments to go before I see the surgeon. I'm really getting quite excited. I'm new to this list today and wanted to say hello. I'm understanding that the issues for bandsters are different from those who have had a bypass and I wanted to say hello to others who have had or are having the same procedure. I'm in Litchfield but work in Hartford.

Ellen