Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Weeks Post-Op - Let me share with you my day...

Went to Busch Gardens today with the family to Celebrate last day at home before travel starts pretty heavy again. Started out great. Cup of coffee with 27 Splendas and then about 1.5 scrambled eggs, yes Band gestapo... an hour later - NOT!!! (ok... 28 min later)

Then for lunch, had like two ribs (pretty dry, not fun), a couple pulls off of wifey's chicken (like three or four fork fulls) and two wonderfully amazing cheese sticks smothered in a delightful marinara sauce.

For an afternoon snack-a-roo, had half of the ice cream in a waffle cone and some hot fudge that happened to be hidden inside the waffle cone. Did not eat the waffle cone, although it was speaking to me in tongues that I did not recognize. After I gave it to my daughter, it screamed in agony as she devoured him.

Had half a strawberry milkshake on the ride home. Little boy feel asleep and it just sat there sweating in the booster seat cup holder. I felt sorry for it, and thought of starving children in Africa..... (My gift to the world today...)

For dinner just had about 5oz of Chicken Parmesan. Not bad...

Funny thing is... I think I am right at 2000 calories for the day and daily plate says I need a few more to still be on par for 3lb a week weight loss.....

Oh well. Hey guys, I start traveling next week, so back to the good (better for me) eats. I just wanted to share this with you guys to prove that you don't have to starve or not enjoy your life after the band. This is obviously not something I do everyday, but an occasional indulgence I believe is only human....

Plus, still under my caloric intake... funny, huh? Someone will "get me" though... Let the blood-letting begin.

Have a great week - my weekly Public Service Announcement will be out Tuesday or Wednesday!!!

One of the reasons I wanted the band was for hope that I could occasionally have a bit of a splurge. Not a HUGE splurge, not all the time.

But eating less and still enjoying food is something I'm very hopeful about.

Okay, since you are obviously waiting to "be gotten" here you go -- How dare you eat like that!! Don't you know how bad that is?? You are defeating the purpose of the band!!!

On the reality side of things -- I also am being banded so that I can enjoy a "normal " lifestyle. Do I plan to eat all the wrong things and still expect to lose weight? No. But, I am only human and when I see foods that I like, I will have a bite. Not the whole thing, and not until I am quite literally sick, but a bite or two. It is what makes my life well- rounded.

So, I am proud of you for sharing a special day and not living just by the band alone. It makes me have hope that I too, can live like a normal human.

Yours in support,

Elgrad

Okay, since you are obviously waiting to "be gotten" here you go -- How dare you eat like that!! Don't you know how bad that is?? You are defeating the purpose of the band!!!

On the reality side of things -- I also am being banded so that I can enjoy a "normal " lifestyle. Do I plan to eat all the wrong things and still expect to lose weight? No. But, I am only human and when I see foods that I like, I will have a bite. Not the whole thing, and not until I am quite literally sick, but a bite or two. It is what makes my life well- rounded.

So, I am proud of you for sharing a special day and not living just by the band alone. It makes me have hope that I too, can live like a normal human.

Yours in support,

Elgrad

Hey thanks... You scared me for a minute. :party:

Yeah, but how was Busch Gardens??

it's been a few years since I've been--at least you didn't go to the large expanse of asphalt that is Kings Dominion. :party:

It is great - love it. We live 15 min. from KD, and I would rather drive the 45 min - hour to Williamsburg than walk around the concrete jungle at KD.

I used Williamsburg for excersize last weekend--the outlet malls made for excellent shopping and I bet I walked at least 2 miles :party: