Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Struggling and NEED help!

:)

I was banded in July 08. Lost 40 lbs real quick. Stopped losing in November. Have lost NOTHING since then in fact have gained about 5 lbs. I have a realize band with about 6 1/2 ml in an 9ml band. I am just doing all I can--exercising, Water, diary, upping the Protein. I feel almost NO restriction EVER. Doc's office not very helpful or nice. I eat too much and that is it according to them. I am a HS Biology teacher, 52 years old, two grown kids both still at home. Married 28 years. Thyroid, diabetes, all been checked and are OK. I admit I am not a very positive person about this band thing. I am so disillusioned about this. I get upset with reading all these success stories and I fear for the people who think they are going to get banded and all will be right with the world. I fear for them to be like me. If anyone wants to talk to me I could sure use a buddy. Thanks. I understand if you can't be with this downer person......oh well.....I will try to encourage YOU....:)

Hi Bio Teacher, I have been thinking about you!!!! We exchanged posts on the Indiana forum, we were banded at the same clinic. I have Mandelbaum and the Lapband brand though.

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time and I am only 2 months out but I would love to be buddys!

I'm going to send you my email in a private message.

Julie

Teach, do you get to talk to your doctor about it or just the staff? I would suggest you make a special appointment with the doctor to discuss it. Take your food log and exercise log with you. Insist on answers. If not try to find a new doctor ( I know easier said than done!) Remember he did not do it for free! Also ask him if your band could be leaking and not holding the fill. Good luck and let us know how you are doing. Oh and above all DO NOT give up! Your are still down from your start weight so give yourself credit for that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches