Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You all may have already heard of these things, but I thought I'd share just in case.

I have been reading some post in other areas of the forum and in the fitness one they were talking about some gadgets that help you keep track of calories in and calories burned. One was called a bodybugg, another was called ActiTrainer

food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate

I checked it out today and it's really cool and also free. I hate keeping a food journal, but this made it incredibly easy because most everything is already in a data base and you just search for what you ate and select it to add it to what you have eaten that day. Their data base is awesome, you can even select what brand of something you had. It has all kinds of fast food restaurants, it also keeps track of your Protein intake. Really cool!

Anybody else come across something cool they might want to share.

I found this article while the AOL ticker ran across,

That's Fit

You all may have already heard of these things, but I thought I'd share just in case.

I have been reading some post in other areas of the forum and in the fitness one they were talking about some gadgets that help you keep track of calories in and calories burned. One was called a bodybugg, another was called ActiTrainer

Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum - Search Results

a lot of people said it really helped motivate them to exercise more. They are kinda expensive, but thought I'd put it on here in case anyone is interested.

Another thing I have read about a lot is the daily plate

Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate

I checked it out today and it's really cool and also free. I hate keeping a food journal, but this made it incredibly easy because most everything is already in a data base and you just search for what you ate and select it to add it to what you have eaten that day. Their data base is awesome, you can even select what brand of something you had. It has all kinds of fast food restaurants, it also keeps track of your Protein intake. Really cool!

Anybody else come across something cool they might want to share.

These are great tools....I use fitday.com :party:

It's a very easy tracking system to use and if the item isn't on the list ( which is extensive) you add it in manually once and you just click on it in the future....

i have one of the original bodybuggs. my fiance and i bought them back when they first came out, and i will say these good things about them:

it's fun to see how many calories you burn doing all kinds of things, from having sex to just watching tv.

the website interactive program is really cool, cuz you can literally see how many calories you burned in a 5 minute period, and you can log your food in, and it tells you your net calories, and it's all super easy.

it's sort of weird getting used to it at first, but after the first few days, you really don't notice the bugg.

those things said, the bad things are

it's expensive. not only is there the up front cost of the bugg, but after your 6 month free subscription, it's $99 a year to use the online service.

after the novelty wears off, keeping up with the downloading of calorie info, and changing batteries, and remembering to put it on every morning makes it a little less exciting to use it.

really, there are some pretty good websites out there that will get you pretty close to your calories burned without needing to wear the bugg, BUT if you decide you really want one, i really do recommend getting the digital display. it gives you feedback when you've met your daily goals, and it's nice to be able to see at any moment how many calories you've burned.

oh yeah, and after checking out all the various online food trackers, i settled on livestrong, aka the daily plate. :party:

I love the Daily Plate! :frown: And if you can't find a food on the Daily Plate, check out www.calorieking.com. It has a huge database of nutritional labels! HTH!