Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally went to siminar yesterday.

I finally went to the siminar and I really want the band now. I am pleased with all the info that I got from this site and the siminar. There was a lady there that has had the band for 4 yrs and lost 70lbs. She said you can basically eat whatever just much less. I had asked if you can ever have a treat. I think she would probably have lost more if she would of dieted with the band though. I mean 70lbs in 4 yrs is not that much. Can you guys tell me how you now eat and was it hard to just stop eating completly. I do like to eat as im sure everyone does, but how did you do it just stop eating all the junk. I mean I know I can diet as I have tried before, but I would always mess up when I get hungry and starving that's why I need help and always used diet pills. Can someone please explain to me the eating part do you really like say goodbye forever to some good foods?

HI NEESH I AM GUESSING YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE OVERVIEW CLASS. I AM A NEWBIE TO ALL OF THIS SO BEAR WITH ME.:) I HAVE MY FIRST CLASS BEFORE MY REFERRAL ON JUNE 19TH. I AM ALSO CURIOUS ABOUT THE JUNK EATING DOES IT ALL JUST STOP? I LOVE TO EAT AND I THINK I AM AN EMOTIONAL EATER. WHATEVER I AM FEELING I TEND TO FIND COMFORT IN EATING. I AM HOPING THAT WITH SUPPORT I WILL BE ABLE TO CONQUER THIS. SO I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WILLING TO SHARE ALL THE GOOD, BAD AND UGLY WITH ME. IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED:smile2:

Yes I to like to eat I am just wondering can I at least have a favorite meal once a wk or something. I mean it's pretty hard to just give it all up forever. My cousin had the surgery and she looks great I saw her drinking a beer so there must be some things you can do, but have to watch it. The bad part is my cousin wants no one to know she had it and would be pissed at my aunt if she knew she told me so I can't say anything to her about it. I want the band and am cool wit eating lesser if the band will help for that I don't snack much anyway I just like to eat. I just would like to eat some of my favorite foods every now and then is what im saying.

Personally there are certain foods that I can no longer tolerate (for example bread which gets stuck). Every person is different and it is experimentation to find out what you can and can not tolerate. The band definitely helps to cut down on the amount of food you can eat not necessarily what you can eat. You have to be aware of what you put in your mouth. If you choose to still eat high calorie/fattening foods then you may not be successful. Personally I write down everything I eat everyday so that I am aware of what I am having. I have eaten cake just a tiny piece (not a big hunking one that I would have had a year ago ... lol) and have saved it for special occassions. Remember the band is just a tool to help you get to your goal. You have to be proactive too. This is a life changing procedure and I don't regret it one bit. Good luck and much success to both of you!

Just because somebody does drink carbonation (beer and soda) doesn't mean they should. They just don't want to give it up and are willing to take the risk of stretching out their pouches.

Treats? I have a piece of birthday cake once a month at the office b'day party. Is is a big piece? NO! It's a true sliver, but i get a taste asnd I enjoy it.

I don't eat any candy or Cookies (nobody in my house is a sweets-eater so it's not problem to simply never buy them) as a rule but might consider ONE cookie a treat. If you can't make yourself stop at one. don't eat the first one. And don't give yourself a treat every day....it's as greasy fast slide once you get on board and before you know it you're out of control.

Until you get some fills you will have to do it without any help. As you get more restriction and closer to or at your sweet spot, it get easier as you don't experience hunger the way you did pre-banding.

If you can't make the commitment to the changes from slider, high fat, high carb foods to healthy foods, you not be an ideal candidate for a band. It's only as helper, not s magic wand.

I know it's a helper all im trying to say is that basically do you ALWAYS have to eat healthy foods. I mean I can do with healthy foods, but sometimes ANYBODY want's a nice meal I don't care how much you diet. Like I said I am willing to work with the band im not saying that I will just grub on fries, fried foods, burgers, and fast food all day everyday. Im just saying all the overweight people here we all have tried diets, pills etc and it didn't work so I know nobody here could just never have a treat is what im saying. Like for me I was thinking of doing weight watchers with my band. Also im not a big sweet eater either. I mean people here say the band is a helper not a mircle i know this.

I am in the process of changing my eating habits by not eating alot of fast foods and cooking more. I work 6 days a week and by the time i get home i don't want to cook because i am exhausted. I literally have no energy. It's a battle but something i know i need to change not just for me but also my kids. I am not big on sweets so that's okay. I must admit i do like rocky road ice cream and might be a little peeved if i couldn't have a scoop maybe a couple nights a week. My friend just had her band done 04/16 so i am sorta living the adventure through her waiting my turn. But i am definetly willing to jump through hoops. I know that there is a beautiful person inside of me just waiting to come out. I will gladly kick the bad foods to the curb!!!!!!!!!

Neesh:

I was banded July 2007. Speaking from my experience, I can have a little bit of whatever I want. However, I choose to eat the right things most of the time. You can never have a big plate full of food if you are banded because your band will prohibit overeating.

I love my band and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

I exercise 6 out of 7 days per week in addition to eating smarter and now I'm in a "maintain" mode. I'm happily in a size 12 from a size 26/28. I feel 15 years younger and have gone from couch potato to being an active, lively person.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

Sue, congratulations to you! How thrilling a journey! I can't wait to be able to exercise again. I am so overweight and it is so painful to even walk to the end of the driveway. . . it almost brings me to tears just thinking about it. I used to walk 2 miles a day every single day of my life until about 12 years ago. I would be so thrilled to gain that habit back again!

Sue, congratulations to you! How thrilling a journey! I can't wait to be able to exercise again. I am so overweight and it is so painful to even walk to the end of the driveway. . . it almost brings me to tears just thinking about it. I used to walk 2 miles a day every single day of my life until about 12 years ago. I would be so thrilled to gain that habit back again!

Hi:

I just told my LapBand support group last week that the best thing about being banded was that my feet didn't hurt anymore. That was the first "positive" sign of my weight loss.

I hope that you feel better soon.

Take care.

Sue

Neesh:

I was banded July 2007. Speaking from my experience, I can have a little bit of whatever I want. However, I choose to eat the right things most of the time. You can never have a big plate full of food if you are banded because your band will prohibit overeating.

I love my band and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

I exercise 6 out of 7 days per week in addition to eating smarter and now I'm in a "maintain" mode. I'm happily in a size 12 from a size 26/28. I feel 15 years younger and have gone from couch potato to being an active, lively person.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

Wow congrats on your weight loss. That is exactly what I want the band for to help me not eat as much as I do. I am the type that piles up plate and will eat mostly all of it. Or if I go out to eat I will eat it all. I want to be able to not eat as much and I will eat healthy foods 80% of the time.