Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill....and not loving it.

I had my first fill 2 days ago. I was so happy...but now, I'm not so sure. I have such a feeling of pressure in my chest...it pretty much lasts all day and last night I had trouble falling asleep because of it. I tried eating a piece of fish last night and even though I was starving...it was a miserable experience. It really hurt going down. Finally, I figured out that my bites were probably too big so I started taking the pea sized bites everyone talks about. That eased the pain up somewhat but eating bites that small and chewing so much was so tedious! Also, the fish got cold and 30 minutes after sitting down, I'd only managed to eat about 3 oz. I gave up after that because I read that if you are still eating after 15-20 minutes, you should stop to avoid stretching the pouch. I didn't slime or PB or anything but I was hungry again an hour later. I ended up eating Soup with Tomato chunks and the pressure intensified to pain again.

I'm really wondering if this what I can expect from now on or am I too tight. I want to lose weight so I am partly glad that eating is such a chore and is somewhat painful since that will modify my behavior for sure but I also don't want to live with this feeling in my chest every day. My dr told me to come back in 3 weeks for fill #2 and I'm not sure if I should wait it out and see how the fill settles or if I should go back in.

If it is causing you that much pain, maybe you should try and get a slight unfill yet today if possible. It may subside over the weekend. I have found that I tend to loosen up a couple of days after a fill. Some people actually get tighter up to 2 weeks after a fill.

But there is no sense being in any pain. Sometimes a very small amount can make a world of difference. You may be very sensitive to fills and need to get smaller fills to get to your sweet spot. I sure hope you feel better...

Sounds like you just need a tiny unfill. Can take a few days for your body to go "oww, too tight" not sure why - but it does. Give your doc a call and pop in for a tiny unfil.

So I waited a few days and the pressure has subsided. It's not gone completely but it's not as bad as it was on day 1. I am learning that I have to take smaller bites and eat much more slowly otherwise it hurts like hell. There's a steep learning curve to this bandster lifestyle!

I'm just about to get my second fill and am hoping I feel more restricted. Maybe not as restricted as you, though! I say if it doesn't feel right in a few days, you should give your doctor a call and make sure you are not overfilled. This has never happened to me, but I have heard of it happening to others. Good luck!