Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! Just banded on May 26th this week. Still pretty sore, mostly I think from the gas they inflate you with. My tummy has been talking to me all night!! I think my biggest worry is just that I will fail, which makes me more determined not to. I was so excited this morning when I actually had a normal range fasting blood sugar level!! Woo Hoo! :smile: So anyway, just wanted to try this forum, I think support is going to be very much a key to my success and this seems like a great place to start!

krbr08

Congrats! The inflation gas is normal. I think my daughter's was about a day and a half. I'm being banded on Monday, June 1, and supposedly my surgeon has a method where he tries to suck most of the gas back out with a small tube and claims his patient don't have too much of a problem with that. We'll see.

Hang in there. You're on the downhill side now.

Trisha

pennreporter

Good Luck and Speedy Recovery on Monday! I wish my doc had been able to suck out the excess gas for me, but if this is the biggest issue I have, it'll be worth it. It's really great you and your daughter are able to go through this together. Hope everything goes well for both of you!

Thanks. Our timing didn't quite work out right. She's leaving on Tuesday to fly down to Houston to have her first of two plastic surgeries to remove excess skin. So she barely has time to bring me home and then head back to NYC and because of mine I can't fly down with her while she goes through hers.

How long do you have with your surgeon before you can go to mushy foods? I have a week on Protein drinks at a minimum before I can start adding mushy stuff.

Good luck and a speedy recovery

Trisha

My friend Eve and I got banded on the 26th as well in Puerto Rico....I'm kind of scared too but happy to have done it.....

Hi! Congrats on getting the band!! You will soon realize that this was the best decision you could have made for yourself. I have been banded since October 21, 2008 and have only lost 51lbs so far....I'm moving rather slowly but I think things are FINALLY going to start moving a little faster. I just got another fill & I think Im finally where I need to be. I noticed that after this last fill....I only have 2 bites of food & feel stuffed. Where as before I could still eat a whole plate of food (Half of what I could normally eat without the band) so I figured the band was full enough. But Im realizing that it obviously wasn't. I still have about 150 lbs to lose so Im making small goals. As long as the scale continues to go down....I'm HAPPY!!!! But good luck with your journey....feel free to send me a message when you need someone to encourage you or lift you up if your having a bad day with the band......see you in skinny ville!!!!

Pennreporter: AAAGHH! Clear Liquids - one week. Full liquids - one week. Then I move to mushy for two weeks. My biggest problem is that the instructions I was given were to take 5 minutes to eat/drink 1 ounce of food/liquid. That's just really hard. If I were actually chewing the food it might a little easier, but everything at this point is a liquid!

mom2twinboys: Thank you so much for your reply! Everyone seems really great on this site. I have never posted anywhere, so this is all new to me. But I really think being involved and putting myself out there and asking for support is going to be a big key to success. So can you tell me what a days menu looks like for you? Thanks again and I'm sure it will all be melting off for you now that you are getting closer to your sweet spot.

KRBR, the one ounce in 5-10 minutes is really about all i'm getting down right now. Surgery went well. First attempt at Jello was special. but everything going down fine now, broth, Jello, Protein, Water. I just sip all day long.

Good luck to all

Trisha

(Now on the loser's bench)