Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too tired to exercise

Hi all,

I've been banded since November, but had to go through a port replacement so I am just NOW starting to understanding restriction. I've seen good results where I am finally beginning to lose some weight.

But, I find that my calorie intake is so low that exercising (I do curves right now) is just sooooo hard.....

I know, eat Protein and I do, but its a struggle.

Anyone else in the same boat?

How many calories a day are you getting? It's quite possible that you are not getting enough. You've gotta have fuel for the machine! You may need to look at your food choices and pick things with more calories (but still healthy, of course), if you aren't able to eat more volume of food. At my present weight, and with a goal of losing 2 pounds a week, thedailyplate.com recommends that I take in 1600 a day!! I haven't managed to get up that high, but when I increased my intake to between 1300-1400 a day I finally got off my plateau.

Everyone is different - 1200 is often enough to nourish most women and allow them to exercise. However, i just cant run well if I dont eat carbs. Protein doesnt do it for me. I dont need 10 slices of bread a day or anything but I *REALLY* need oatmeal or something for Breakfast, just a moderate serve of good carbs a day seems to be enough.

But I do also struggle with this with a band and I find that without hunger to guide me, I undereat chronically. My idea of what makes a meal these days has changed a lot and I'll eat a yogurt and call it Breakfast. I dont get hungry because of the band but the CRAVINGS!! Oh boy. i really find I have to concentrate very hard to eat the right balance of Protein and carbs and add healthy Snacks even though I'm not hungry or I get to early afternoon and I'm obviously running on empty and I start to just pig out on carb foods. Obviously that's how my body tells me it needs food now, rather than actual physical hunger.

Are you noticing anythng like this?

but like you're trying to do, I'd suggest working to eat MORE. I never needed to drop below 1500 to lose all my weight and I didnt need a tight band to do that, so I was able to eat that much. And I need about 1800 to 2000 a day now to maintain it. Hard to do with a lapband but when I make the effort, my weight stays low and steady becuase obviously I can et MORE calories than that if I'm slipping in Cookies, chocolate etc.