Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hoping and praying to find a way to pay for this

Guest Barb B

Guest Barb B

Hi I am new my name is Barb I live in Kansas. I hope to some day be able to afford this. My daughter is thinking of getting it done and her insurance will pay for hers, wish I could find a "BOGO" sale on these. I have not been back to work very long and have still been having troubles. I just finished chemo in January, and still doing loads of weird tests that I can't afford, that also keep me from working like the spinal tap 2 weeks ago that has kept me from 2 weeks of work since the tractor driving bounced me so much I got a Migraine that lasted for 7 days. I don't have a significant other he took off with his secretary when I was diagnosed. But somehow I will figure out how to do it. I have beenin this message board for hours now reading all I can. Glad to have found you, you inspire me. Barb

Hi Barb! First of all (((((hugs)))))! Welcome! You could not have come to a better place for support! I will keep you in my prayers! A lot of the surgeons offer payment plans. It might be something for you to look into. I hope things work out for you! Good luck!.....Jess

Barb if you are going to Mexico, many of the Dr.s there offer financing. I had my surgery done in TJ and I financed $2000 of it and paid cash for therest. My payments were 127 a month, I have paid it off. Best of luck to you, when there is awill there is a way. Dont give up!!

Hi Barb. Welcome to the board! I've been all over the internet and this site is unsurpassed for information and support. I remember seeing a comment on another thread about Capital One offering financing for Lapband surgery. Good luck!

Barb

Hi neighbor! I am from Kansas as well. Hey there are some really great bandster sites on you that are from here in Kansas, I would love to give you the links. But on here you will find tons and tons of valuable information, I am rather new to this site as well, and I look forward to reading posts everyday for information as well as inspiration. I hope things pick up for you. I am going to Mexico for my surgery as I am self pay and its cheaper plus the dr. I am going to seems to have a great reputation.

Anyways, welcome and good luck!

Annie

Barb I just wanted to say I wish you and your daughter lots of luck with getting banded. You will find lots of suport and suggestions here that might help you in your band research. Good luck and Welcome to LBT!

:) Welcome, glad to have another person to give her perspectives and support. The more the merrier around here. Tons of very friendly and supportive people who really care.

Sorry to here about all your problems, I will keep you in my prayers and remember it's always darkest before the dawn. The only good thing about being all the way down is, there's no where to go but up. And we here to help lift you.

Cindy

Ive heard of people taking out a 2nd mortgage on their home to pay for this surgery. Also, the credit union is another souce that a firend of mine went to for a loan.

I sure wish you a wonderful recovery, both physicaly and emotionaly. God bless~