Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food stage are you at? What are you eating?

THank you for your post! Hubby just caught over 100 lbs of halibut two days after my surgery. I've done tuna just fine,but havn't tried halibut yet (post op,pre op i could lve off of it!) lol...I think I'm afraid of finding out what works and doesn't because I haven't had anyh PB/sliming or anything stuck yet...just the fear of the unknown...what portion sizes did u start with? still the 2-4 oz?

Fickle!

Ugh! For the past few mornings I have been having a delicious Breakfast of EggBeaters.

This a.m. I took a few bites, tastily seasoned, and after about 10 minutes I felt very nauseous and not wanting to even look at the plate. Went for a few teaspoons of applesauce to 'cleanse the palate' and get a sweet taste in my mouth and it all passed.

What's up with that?

Do you have bouts when you love a food and your band does too,and the next day your Band doesn't want to deal with it?

I'm really concerned because I haven't found that anything bothers me. I just fill up very quickly. I ate a slice of pizza and I felt like I had ate 5. I was fine though because I felt full and didn't try to force any more down. However, even a soft piece of bread has been fine.

I find that I'm hungry a lot though. That I wasn't expecting to come back so quickly.:tongue_smilie:

I think my taste may be changing a bit too, Singin. I just had a scrambled egg with less than an 1/8 cup of Egg Beaters & 1 egg. It just didn't taste very good & I could only eat about 1/2 of it.

We went to my dh's high school reunion last night and I had tortilla chips with artichoke spinach dip. It was okay, but not as exciting as I thought it would be though. I think crackers or toast would have been just as good and less fattening. That was my 1st outing where drinking was going on and I couldn't have any. It would have been better with a beer or two or margarita. GB

THank you for your post! Hubby just caught over 100 lbs of halibut two days after my surgery. I've done tuna just fine,but havn't tried halibut yet (post op,pre op i could lve off of it!) lol...I think I'm afraid of finding out what works and doesn't because I haven't had anyh PB/sliming or anything stuck yet...just the fear of the unknown...what portion sizes did u start with? still the 2-4 oz?

Yes 2-4 oz. though I've been pushing it the past few days! I started with Crab shumai, Which when I weighed the peices they were a 1/2 ounce each, and I was only able to really eat 3-4 peices (8 came in the container) There is no secret to preventing a PB it's basically a lesson learned type thing. Some things will just no longer be your friend (lf deli turkey & baked rice balls & ricotta cheese, bread whether toasted or not for Me) And somethings will become your best friend that you never ate before (shrimp, Salmon for me)

I've found that it's become basically Trial by error. So yeah, with the halibut, try baking, grilling or poaching it with some fresh garlic & lemon (my hub's recipe- Though he still swears by Sea Galley's)

I'm really concerned because I haven't found that anything bothers me. I just fill up very quickly. I ate a slice of pizza and I felt like I had ate 5. I was fine though because I felt full and didn't try to force any more down. However, even a soft piece of bread has been fine.

I find that I'm hungry a lot though. That I wasn't expecting to come back so quickly.:)

This is me too. I'm on soft foods now, able to start regular foods (except no bread) on Friday.

I am getting hungry a lot. And when I eat, I do fill up pretty easily but then I'll be hungry again a short time later.

I had lost about 50 pounds BEFORE surgery, but none has come off since. I actually went UP but I'm pretty sure that was just my normal cycle increase just before my period. I'm exercising, etc.

I can't wait until I can eat some real Protein. I'm doing Protein shakes but those don't make me feel full at all. The soft foods I'm eating now are really lacking in that area, I think. I'm hoping that once I can eat more Protein based REAL foods, that will help with the hunger.

It is weird to be taking in so few calories and not losing, though.

My first fill is scheduled for July 8th. I'm not going to be impatient because I consider this a marathon and not a sprint.

Even though I'm on restricted eating, I'm pretty sure I could eat anything and as long as I chew it up well enough, it will go right through.

Linda, once you get some real Protein, it will definitely help with the hunger. Right now, those Protein drinks are adding nutrition, but they are just going right through the upper pouch, just like any drink would, so that's why you're not full. When do you get to eat real food?

In the meantime, have you tried hummus, cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt? They are great sources of soft Protein, but they are thick, so they fill you up.

Good luck! :)

This is me too. I'm on soft foods now, able to start regular foods (except no bread) on Friday.

I am getting hungry a lot. And when I eat, I do fill up pretty easily but then I'll be hungry again a short time later.

I had lost about 50 pounds BEFORE surgery, but none has come off since. I actually went UP but I'm pretty sure that was just my normal cycle increase just before my period. I'm exercising, etc.

I can't wait until I can eat some real Protein. I'm doing Protein shakes but those don't make me feel full at all. The soft foods I'm eating now are really lacking in that area, I think. I'm hoping that once I can eat more protein based REAL foods, that will help with the hunger.

It is weird to be taking in so few calories and not losing, though.

My first fill is scheduled for July 8th. I'm not going to be impatient because I consider this a marathon and not a sprint.

Even though I'm on restricted eating, I'm pretty sure I could eat anything and as long as I chew it up well enough, it will go right through.

Linda, I agree with Spidey Mom, try some hummus or cottage cheese. It really helped me at first as well. Another suggestion I have, is Peanut Butter. I got the low fat Jif creamy Peanut Butter. Now, I know it still has fat and sugar, but I would just take a teaspoon stick it in there and eat it right off the spoon. In fact I do this once a day. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's got lots of protein and it fills me up for a bit. Otherwise, I'm still hungry like you guys. But the peanut butter has helped! Best of luck. :)