Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food stage are you at? What are you eating?

I have been taking 6oz fat free milk and adding 2tsp SF chocolate or low sugar strawberry quick with one scoop of unflavored Unjury Protein Powder . Umm alternative to thick shakes. lunch to go tuna. 20 gms of Protein. I like it.

My doctor's office just said I could add creamier Soups and oyster crackers (as long as I let them completely dissolve before swallowing).

WOOOOOOT!!!!!

I am in pain..although I know it won;t last long.

I decided to try Jello again to see if it would disguise the bitterness of my crushed meds.

The jello is a great disguise, but it 'stuck' and is just sitting there, even though I took it slow.

I think I will stay away from jello from now on.

What do you use to disguise the bitterness of your crushed meds, ...those who take them.??

I've given up on crushing them! I break or cut them into small pieces that I can swallow with sips of Water. I was having a hard time taking them any other way because of the bitter taste! So, now it takes me a long, long time to take my pills each day b/c I have to take 8 in the morning and 10 at night. My surgeon said it's okay, just take it slow... like 10 min. between each total pill.

Oh! And please learn from my experience -- don't ever take two capsules back to back. I did and they got stuck. Felt like two razor blades stuck in my stoma for 15 minutes slicing my insides. Shear pain!!!

Good luck!!! :confused:

Started transitioning to soft foods today FINALLY HAD MY SCRAMBLED eggs WITH cheese TODAY AND THEY WERE WONDERFUL!!!!! at the docs suggestion I tries some LF/Heart healthy deli turkey for lunch. That didn't do so well, got really nausious from it. So now. for dinner. I reccomend from your local sushi place or certain chinese resteraunt, steamed crab or shimp shumai. if you don't know what that is, it's basically, thinly wrapped (dumpling skin) with minced crab or shrimp in it. VERY BLAND so Get some soy or dumpling sauce to dip it in. In my 'hood, it comes 8 peices a serving. they are like a quarter length round and a quarter length high, I'm eating the crab one. I've had 3 1/2 so far and I'm full.. so now it's time to wait so I can have my snapple..... Just a suggestion incase your all sick and tired and need a change. :redface:

Sarah, congrats on finally having your eggs! I had some on Wednesday night, and they were so good, I forgot to eat slow and they got stuck!!! I actually PB'd a little bit, but it wasn't gross or awful, it just made me feel a little better.

I love shumai. Thanks for the suggestion. That's a great thing to get if we go out! Also, Trader Joe's sells them frozen, and they're pretty good. :biggrin:

Ann, 2 nights in a row and it has satisfied me. I didn't know trader Joe's sells them, Now I have another excuse to go there!!!!! Yeah the eggs were heaven, made them for myself yesterday, didn't work out so well, B/c I like them cooked until brown, PB'd as well.

I'm 5 weeks out next tuesday and at the soft food/normal food stage cuz they kind of combined it and I'm eating way more than I think I should. I can eat 2 scrambled eggs with some milk and cheese and it doesn't fill me at all and this is in the morning, ok giving that though they're tiny eggs which would probably only equate to about one egg but still. Today I had 2 toasted sandwiches and ate the entire thing - And let me say again they where tiny pieces of multigrain bread, I went shopping and found gluten bread and bought it because it's tiny, it's like the size of my palm but smaller and I ate 2 UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said that, I haven't pb'd though (although writing this I've probably jinxed myself) I mean after I ate lunch today (toasted sandwiches) I could definitely tell I overate, felt like I was going to be sick if I ate another bite (I don't know what I ate that much, honestly I think I"m still in pre-band mentality) but I didn't pb so I dunno. I'm so worried that I've stretched the pouch (which is any paranoia worry of someone just banded) but considering I actually don't get full then I worry less. I dunno - Thankfully my first fill is on tuesday and hopefully that'll give just a tiny bit of restriction (fat chance tho) so I can eat a little less =(

I'm 5 weeks out next tuesday and at the soft food/normal food stage cuz they kind of combined it and I'm eating way more than I think I should. I can eat 2 scrambled eggs with some milk and cheese and it doesn't fill me at all and this is in the morning, ok giving that though they're tiny eggs which would probably only equate to about one egg but still. Today I had 2 toasted sandwiches and ate the entire thing - And let me say again they where tiny pieces of multigrain bread, I went shopping and found gluten bread and bought it because it's tiny, it's like the size of my palm but smaller and I ate 2 UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said that, I haven't pb'd though (although writing this I've probably jinxed myself) I mean after I ate lunch today (toasted sandwiches) I could definitely tell I overate, felt like I was going to be sick if I ate another bite (I don't know what I ate that much, honestly I think I"m still in pre-band mentality) but I didn't pb so I dunno. I'm so worried that I've stretched the pouch (which is any paranoia worry of someone just banded) but considering I actually don't get full then I worry less. I dunno - Thankfully my first fill is on tuesday and hopefully that'll give just a tiny bit of restriction (fat chance tho) so I can eat a little less =(

I'm kind of in the same boat as you Sarah. I find that I don't get full very quickly. My first fill isn't until the 29th of this month. :laugh: So right now, it's all about self control for me. I could easily finish things, but just try to eat half portions of the things I am eating, which like you, are very tiny servings. I had some egg beaters this morning, which they said was equivalent to one large egg, but I felt like I could've eaten way more! Hopefully when we go to our fills we will feel a little better. I also worry about stretching it, but I really don't think I'm eating more than I really should, so I don't worry too much. Best of luck at your appointment!:thumbdown:

I had those eggs this a.m. I poured 1/2 cup which was supposed to be the equiv of 2 eggs. I did feel them in my upper chest even though I was eating slowly with smallish bites. (I added a little turkey breast to make an omelet).

I 'listened to my Band' and immediately put the fork down for a while and the feeling went away.

However, last p.m. I had turkey and 1/2 cup of potato and it went down with no feeling of fullness in the chest.

I heard said at support meetings that some seasoned Bandsters discovered that their Bands were more restrictive in the a.m. and I find that, even though I am pre-first fill) it is so with me and my Band.

You know I am feeling the same way. Sometimes I just want to cry. I am on the mushie phase and my nutrition nurse said anything I could get to applesauce consistantsey that I could eat. She gave me a few recipes like chicken salad, tuna, eggs. But I have had NO problem getting ANY food down at all. I have had no PBing not even any feeling of that. I did have a piece of pizza, I chewed it extremely well but I had no problems at all. I am still only eat about 1/2 a cup at a time. I really want this to work.

It is like it was before I got the band if I had great will power I wouldn't of needed the band as a tool in the first place. I did so good on my pre-op diet. On my liquids after for 10 days, now mushies is not going so well. :blink:

As far as restrictions, and the A.M-P.M debate, I find that I'm more restricted at night. For some reason, even before being banded I get really bloated at like 3:30-4:00pm. Whether I've eaten or not, By the time dinner comes around, I'm usually too queesy to eat, but I force myself to. I'm transitioning soft/solids right now, but gave in to salad the other night, which I have absolutly no problem eating (then again from what I've read, wait until my first fill).

BTW, I've been buying the Weight Watchers brand of cheeses, and they are delicious. My band and I are having a love hate relationship when it comes down to the foods I'm supposed to be eating, it's just not appreciating them whatsoever.

According to my paper work,I start solids tomorrow...IKES! I've been fine on mushies/chunky mushies and still loosing aabout a pound everyother day,so afraid to jinx it. I guess it's cool that i get more of a selection,but starting solids isn't something I'm looking forward to...:blink:

According to my paper work,I start solids tomorrow...IKES! I've been fine on mushies/chunky mushies and still loosing aabout a pound everyother day,so afraid to jinx it. I guess it's cool that i get more of a selection,but starting solids isn't something I'm looking forward to...:blink:

It's a good transition...... For some reason I am able to tolorate Pasta, but bread, even toated makes me gag. I was told at this point I can have a toasted english muffin, yeah not happening... My first real solid was shrimp & crab... and girl, you have the fresh halibut & crab up there.... The crab, Shrimp & lobster are really easy to eat b/c they are light.

If your not looking forward to it, then gentley ease into it. I wasn't ready either, I still have at least 1-2 liquid/mush meals a day. incorporate it slowly, likesay, Salmon with very well cooked Pasta, or poached chicken with string Beans..... You'll be o.k. your going to find what your limits are with solids. What works and what doesn't.