Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food stage are you at? What are you eating?

Banded on May 25. Right smack in the middle of this liquid crap. Thank god for egg drop Soup. Had a clam broth soup yesterday that went down very well....almost like miso soup for those of you who eat sushi. I'm sick of those damn shakes....but I'm about to go and make one right now so that I can take my Vitamins

I'm only 2 days post-op and on Clear Liquids. Broths, popsicles, Water. That's it mostly. My traumatized insides aren't screaming for more just yet so it's not been too hard. I imagine in the next couple days, that will change. After all, I hadn't eating much on the pre-op diet so my cells ought to be screaming for some nutrition...

i'm on my 3rd day of eating real food and everything is going great. i havent had any problems w/anything. eating about 1000 to 1200 calories a day a healthy Protein and vegatable. dr said along w/exercise and Water intake, this should keep the pounds dropping weekly, so i'm curious to see if next friday if what he said is going to work for me (trying not to weigh myself till then). i'm totally ok w/slow weight loss..just as long as i see the scale move down and never go back up!!!

i can say that w/being on real food, that i am actually fuuuuullllll for at least 4 to 5 hours . i'm not allowed to snack in between my 3 daily meals, i thought i would have a problem w/that but none what so ever.

i hope that this whole weight loss journey continues to run easy and smooth like it has been. i dont want to ever experience pbing and throwing up and foods getting stuck, as i've read in previous post on this site.

good luck w/those starting real foods soon....its wonderful, just eat slow, chew well and make smart food choices. i am scheduled for my first fill on june 8th.

Edited by Scorpioqt

Is the egg drop Soup from a chinese restaurant, or home made? Never had it. Is it slimy in texture?

Yes, from the chinese resteraunt. Umm, Kind of slimy, thats why I add Water to it. but it's really good with a little black pepper & one packet of duck sauce.

Yay! I just realized as I was heating up some broth that I am caffeine free! I was a huge addict. I must say that my bowel feels a lot better without it too!

I have some carrot juice in the fridge and think I will try a tiny bit of that mid week.

I like the idea of a clam broth for variety from chicken and beef broth..didn't think of that. It is going on my shopping list.

No pain. Sore upon waking, though. Took a nice shower this a.m.

Gas is being released..finally..in day 4.

Singingintherain,

I was banded the day after you. I'm mostly sore getting up from a laying or sitting position - that's still tricky. I'll take a shower today and put on real clothes. LOL I definitely feel better today from yesterday.

Still on clear fluids and will be for awhile more. But it's not bothering me too much. Not yet, anyway. LOL

My insurance required a 6 month physician supervised diet and exercise plan. I started in October with a 3 hour a week exercise plan. I really hadn't lost anything. In February, I started taking an Rx to suppress appetite - Phentermine. Then in March, I upped my exercise to 5-6 hours weekly. So really, about 26 pounds cam off before I started my pre-op diet. But that knocked off 20 more, on the day of surgery, I was down 46 pounds. The day after, my scale read down 2 more (today it was the same), so 48 altogether.

I stopped taking the Phentermine prior to surgery, by almost a week. I wanted it out of my system (it raises blood pressure and heartrate).

So really, the 48 pounds was over 4 months and with the help of Phentermine and the pre-op liquid diet.

Yesterday I made omelets. I'm trying my best to start cooking again for my husband, so the omelets are made of 2 eggs and eggbeaters, pureed spinach and sauteed onions, (it's on my allowed list now), low fat cheese on my little section of the skillet/hot jack cheese on his now big boy section of the pan, salt, pepper. It was pretty good. Today I'm having lentil Soup or egg salad with 3 crackers. Yum. GB

I just ate the best friggan Polenta EVER!!!! And for $3.00 they gave me enough to get me through the next 2 days.... I was so good you guys!!!!! I ate the one little lump that was off to the side and took my sweet time eating it (been a problem for me spacing over 20 mins) I am so full it should be outlawed- OFF OF THAT LITTLE CHUNK!

For those of you that don't know what Polenta is, it's basically cold grits- Italian style (no difference just refrigerated) Cornmeal, Water and I tasted butter in there, with black pepper. So, I figured, I'll get creative tonight with some of the leftovers and add a little no sugar added (again no difference) Applesauce to it, "spice it up" a bit. :)

I am on the 27th day of liquid diet. The two hardest days were the two days before surgery on Clear liquids only. The rest of the time I have been surviving on Protein drinks, lowfat, low sodium Soups, lite yogurt, and choc mint SF Jello pudding (yum). I am SO SICK OF THIS DIET, but the up side is I'm down 25lbs in 27 days, so that keeps me motivated :thumbup:

Last night we went out with friends to 'Bucca di Beppo' italian family-style restaurant. The portions are huge and delicious! I thought it would be torture and I would have to sip Water, but they did have a delicious 'Wedding Soup' that I asked for just the broth, so it was a treat and kept me satisfied (along with a spoonful of my hubby's pesto sauce :party:)

Tomorrow is my follow up appt. and I am praying I'll be cleared for soft/mushie foods. I was so excited at the market today buying eggs, mashed potatoes, laughing cow cheese and cottage cheese. I think I'm about over the worst of it!

I realized this a.m. that the liquid phase I am on is to last for 21 not 14 days!

Rude awakening.

I never thought the day would come when I would

1/ be caffeine free with no coffee cravings

or

2/wake up eager to go to the market to buy some clam broth

As for regular Jello gelatine..somehow I can't get it to go down right.

Singingintherain, I found vegetable broth to be a good alternative. I even mixed the broths together, such as veggie broth and chicken broth; veggie & beef broth, etc. Also, I've heard many people say, get French onion Soup (you can buy it in the can) and strain off the onions. I bought some but haven't tried it yet. Have you tried SF popsicles? Those are considered "clear." Also, try FUZE Slenderize drinks. I love them! Only 10 or 20 calories per 18 oz. bottle, and they are full of Vitamins. Really yummy fruit flavors. I was a Diet Coke addict, and these drinks have helped me replace my need for a sweet drink in the afternoon.

Good luck! Hang in there!!!

Ann

He he! I just sat down at the computer with a cup of clam broth I just brought in the house. It is so refreshing after chicken chicken beef and more chicken.

I will take you suggestions on vegetable broths and also FUZE. Does fuze have caffeine? In looking over the Diet Snapples that were in the store, I found that the tea either had sugar added or were not Decaf.< /p>

Nope, no caffeine in FUZE, and the Slenderize line is Low Carb. (They have some that are full sugar, so be careful to look for the ones that are marked Slenderize.) I love them! And if you have Giant supermarkets near you, they are on sale for $1 each through Aug. 8. They're normally $1.49 I believe. Worth it even at full price, IMHO. Here's their website for more info: Welcome to Fuze Beverages: Refreshingly Smart

Enjoy!:party: